Azerite - Worst Itemization in WoW's History

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
Prev 1 28 29 30 118 Next
Cannot remember a thread growing that fast. I think that shows, what a failure azerite gear is.
09/27/2018 12:27 PMPosted by Lore
09/27/2018 12:22 PMPosted by Fiascoh
If I wanted to play brewmaster or mistweaver right now, I would be significantly better off by making a 2nd monk. Is this really the design you were going for?

Not at all, and I'm curious why you feel that's the case. It isn't in my experience as someone who is currently playing a tri-spec monk.

This is the case because he can only go through the m0 once a week to get azerite he needs and after that, if he wants to try to get gear for a mw or bm he would be better off on another character doing m0 there. How can you not see that? You could extend the m0 to any other lockout loot.
#smallindiecompany btw guys

Community manager is trying to convince a customer that the product is good and the customer is wrong just because he doesn't like it :D
If I wanted to play brewmaster or mistweaver right now, I would be significantly better off by making a 2nd monk. Is this really the design you were going for?

Not at all, and I'm curious why you feel that's the case. It isn't in my experience as someone who is currently playing a tri-spec monk.

Weird, I wanted Uplifted Spirits, Font of Life, and Overflowing Mist on my gear for healing, but instead I have Elusive Footwork, Fit to Burst, and Boiling Brew. As you know, those three do absolutely nothing for mistweaver, while the former three do nothing for brewmaster. It would cost me hundreds to thousands of gold to spec swap even once per day, and since I do m+ as brewmaster and any raiding as almost exclusively mistweaver, that's a pretty frequent occurrence. It would actually save an insane amount of gold to just have a 2nd monk, though I wouldn't do it personally.

There's also the part where I'd even have equal ilvl azerite pieces pretty quick, since azerite over 340 might as well not exist despite my 370 ilvl.
09/27/2018 11:57 AMPosted by Lore
Availability in mythic+ particularly is a regular topic of conversation.

I can be assured that if this avenue is chosen, you will also make it drop from PVP random loot?
They say that they got all the outliers of azerite traits hotfixed to a reasonable state. Have they not seen steady aim with steady focus? It's incomparably better. https://puu.sh/BAJUj/3358e0a28a.png
09/27/2018 12:42 PMPosted by Belerian
Cannot remember a thread growing that fast. I think that shows, what a failure azerite gear is.

I wouldn't really say azerite gear is a failure; we've had this system in place for a few expansions. In the past it was called something else (glyphs, set bonuses, artifacts, legendaries, talents).

The failure is within the system: availability and power discrepancy.
Since people are looking here how come I can't get an azerite helm with steady aim (marksman hunter) anywhere but arathi rares. And why doesn't steady aim work with multiple mm hunters we eat each other's stacks making it useless.
The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment for unlocking different grand schemes.

As for azerite traits, we selected initial values based upon data from the Open Beta and other adjustments made to class tunings before launch. Among other things, we're looking at average per-player fun earned rates on a daily basis, and we'll be making constant adjustments to ensure that players have traits that are boring, unrewarding, and of course unattainable via gameplay.

We appreciate the candid feedback, and the passion the community has put forth around the current topics here on Reddit, our forums and across numerous social media outlets.

Our team will continue to make changes and monitor community feedback and update everyone as soon and as often as we can.
09/27/2018 12:40 PMPosted by Viinblind

Even then I would need to be lucky enough to get the drop or hope that someone in my raid can even trade it and even then I would probably have to compete with other players because despite your best efforts loot council is still a thing and players are still punished in guilds for not trading pieces. And to make it even worse I have to hope I get a good shoulder piece from the weekly cache for at least one of the specs I can play.

Lore, this is a great point here. I got two heroic shoulder drops in our heroic uldir clear on Tuesday. By your logic I should keep both shoulders (1 for affliction single target, 1 for affliction multi target or maybe 1 for affliciton and 1 for destro), however what kind of greedy bastard would I be not to give the second shoulder up to my loot council to pass to someone with 340 shoulders? We don't play in a bubble and the success of the team requires we help each other gear up.

Not sure when in the expansion you expect us to have enough azerite gear to be able to run multiple sets. This will probably only happen late, late in the xpac when we are farming the final raid bosses.
What's the point of azerite armor?
They're quickly being tuned to be similar in performance, and, aside from a select few, have zero impact on gameplay.

Also, comparing this system, which is ubiquitous to the entire BFA expansion, to running Maraudon in Vanilla for a piece of NR gear for one boss in one raid. No.

He's saying the punitive costs on reforging azerite armor are so excessive that he feels like switching characters is easier than switching gear for different specs/content.
Holy hell this thread went places.

It probably did for the same reason you keep ignoring/not responding to the hot button issues: Players are mad as hell. You keep cherry-picking the supposedly easy questions (and still botching the answers to those cherry-picked comments). In your own time, you have managed to illustrate in virtually every post that you are at such a fundamental disconnect between the folks you're replying to and the reality they're conveying. Are you so far removed that the only way to reach you is via a Quantum Mirror to your reality?

I hear the Mirror, Mirror outfits and Spock's beard may be popular over there.

In seriousness though, it should tell you something if the thread fills up with feedback that you seemingly ignore.

I was originally of the optimistic bent with Azerite traits. At least, until I saw them on beta. That's when I went from optimistic to cautious. After launch with much still not done to resolve their fundamental issues, I went to annoyed. With the tuning pass, I went to exasperated. Now, with your tone-deaf response, I am tempted to suggest to my group of friends (who are only in game because I am) that I will not be renewing my subscription because your responses are condescending, disconnected, and virtually everything customer service is not supposed to be.

At this point, I want someone to take the keyboard away from you and give it to someone who has a background in psychology, customer service, and humanity. That's how irritating you sound. That is not a good thing for me to experience when I have traditionally defended your actions. Do you not see this?
09/27/2018 12:45 PMPosted by Vyadanas
They say that they got all the outliers of azerite traits hotfixed to a reasonable state. Have they not seen steady aim with steady focus? It's incomparably better. https://puu.sh/BAJUj/3358e0a28a.png

Marksman? Oh right, that's a spec.

I mean, if you completely ignore the azerite system exists, this is the case.
Overall I love the expansion so far. The warfronts are an interesting diversion for me that almost seem like a PVP style fight without actually having to PVP. The systems they have seem like alot of thought went into them. That being said I do have a few gripes where gear and azerite are concerned.

I wasn't a big fan of the whole Legion legendary farm fest. You took a substantial handicap to your damage if you didn't use a certain legendary. To top it off the whole expansion felt like nothing more than a legendary/artifact power grind. It seemed all I ever did was take time out of doing the fun things and grind for an hour or two.

Now in BFA we are stuck with yet another grind for a resource (Azerite). Whoever came up with the azerite gear in the first place had their heart in the right place, I just don't want to continually be farming said resource for a neck piece that I will never change out. The traits on the azerite gear are largely uninteresting to me. I don't get to play as much as I once did (real life comes first) and can't even use all the traits util I farm more of that silly resource called azerite.

I actually liked the setup of getting tier pieces before legion took that out. It has always been a mechanic that made the armor feel super interesting to have an added bonus on top of the stats you could get. Now we have three added pieces with more traits (which are basically talents) that we are tied down to. You could say we were limited to our tier pieces for a while but with those we changed them out with every tier. they also weren't tied to a specific spec so you could change specs as you saw fit and still retain your tier bonus and not have to carry multiple sets of main armor pieces.

I seriously doubt they will change the azerite system much this far into an expansion. My hope is that Blizzard finally learns from this and stops shackling our gear choices down so much with the next expansion. I am just tired of having to spend half my game time farming for a resource I care nothing about, as you can only spend it on one thing.
+1
Lore, you just don't get it. And it's weird, because you claim to be playing this game, but it just doesn't feel like you do.

And okay, say you genuinely don't get it while playing this game 24/7... does it matter if you do? Does it really? Everybody is explaining this to you, so stop using your own personal experience for whether or not people are being honest and just listen for a second.

This system is stressful, it's unfun, it's a game of catchup for alts (even main alts who you want to keep on par with your main, but it feels impossible to do so), it's feeling like you're always behind, it's discouraging, it's demoralizing...

Can we just go back to fun, please? I want to be stressed out in raids, not outside of raids and M+, not after when the boss is killed or the key is done. Seriously.
3 weeks into a raid tier/mythic+ season is a bit early to make hard conclusions of how difficult it will be to acquire alternate sets over the next few months.

Stop. Making. Us. Pay. To. Test. Your. Game.
09/27/2018 12:45 PMPosted by Seksleg
The failure is within the system: availability and power discrepancy.

I think he means if he has 2 characters, 1 dedicated tank and 1 dedicated healer, his QoL would be better by switching between the 2 characters vs possibly paying prohibitive cost to respec when he needs to.

If Azerite were a permanent part of the game I could defiantly see everyone eventually having their PVE DPS character, their PvP DPS character, their PVE Healer character, their PvP Healer character, their PvE tank character ... and so forth and so on as to avoid the current head ache and costs of trying to optimize one character for multiple rolls.