Azerite - Worst Itemization in WoW's History

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
Prev 1 29 30 31 118 Next
09/27/2018 12:27 PMPosted by Lore
09/27/2018 12:22 PMPosted by Fiascoh
If I wanted to play brewmaster or mistweaver right now, I would be significantly better off by making a 2nd monk. Is this really the design you were going for?

Not at all, and I'm curious why you feel that's the case. It isn't in my experience as someone who is currently playing a tri-spec monk.

Because having to pay to change traits is stupid. The traits loadout should change with spec. Similar to how tier sets have been handled up until you people thought it was a good idea to scrap them.

Jesus you guys really dont get it, do you? Azerite system as a whole feels awful. So many idea and changes have been submitted to your team to only fall on deaf ears.
09/27/2018 12:43 PMPosted by Duckle
Weird, I wanted Uplifted Spirits, Font of Life, and Overflowing Mist on my gear for healing, but instead I have Elusive Footwork, Fit to Burst, and Boiling Brew. As you know, those three do absolutely nothing for mistweaver, while the former three do nothing for brewmaster. It would cost me hundreds to thousands of gold to spec swap even once per day, and since I do m+ as brewmaster and any raiding as almost exclusively mistweaver, that's a pretty frequent occurrence. It would actually save an insane amount of gold to just have a 2nd monk, though I wouldn't do it personally.

There's also the part where I'd even have equal ilvl azerite pieces pretty quick, since azerite over 340 might as well not exist despite my 370 ilvl.

And you believe the process of leveling and gearing a 2nd monk would be more efficient than farming those 340s on your main?

To be clear I'm not arguing - legitimately trying to make sure I understand this feedback.
09/27/2018 12:44 PMPosted by Jalopyy
09/27/2018 11:57 AMPosted by Lore
Availability in mythic+ particularly is a regular topic of conversation.

I can be assured that if this avenue is chosen, you will also make it drop from PVP random loot?

PVP and PVE azerite gear should have been completely separate.

I would have been perfectly okay with regular traits not working in PVP and having to farm points for PVP gear to earn traits usable only in PVP combat.

Would have made it much easier to balance.
The very second that all the specs were severely pruned and the designers claimed that Azerite traits would add fun and interesting gameplay back into the game was when it was all thrown into the dumpster.

Locking mid-level traits behind farming/grinding and raid-level traits behind time locked RNG drops on forced personal loot to further lower the chances of gearing up was when you threw the torches into the new dumpster fire.

Finally, claiming that 3 weeks of watching isn't enough to know how the system will end up is coming right out in the open and yelling from the mountaintop that your designers don't have a clue what they are doing - they literally threw this system together and couldn't analyze deeply enough what adding gasoline to the dumpster would be like.

You just chucked your entire design group under the bus. Congratulations.

Yeah, I'm kind of annoyed that I bought World of Warcraft and ended up playing a Korean farming simulator.
09/27/2018 12:27 PMPosted by Lore
09/27/2018 12:22 PMPosted by Fiascoh
If I wanted to play brewmaster or mistweaver right now, I would be significantly better off by making a 2nd monk. Is this really the design you were going for?

Not at all, and I'm curious why you feel that's the case. It isn't in my experience as someone who is currently playing a tri-spec monk.

We feel that way because you already stated you intended to make reforging more expensive. So either A) you can pay the multi-spec tax and have multiple gear sets that you may never use or B) reforge on the odd occasion you switch specs if you're primarily single spec.
I don't buy that the wanting certain traits thing is solved just by balancing out how much damage each trait does. In fact in some ways it makes it worse. Now that things are equalized I want certain traits to customize my gameplay in a way that's fun. Just like how we used to do with legendaries once they got balanced.

So for example, I want to be an aoe dashy boy so I pick up 1 unbound chaos, 1 revolving blades and 1 furious gaze. Now I get hasted after eye beam (which leads into a hasted fel barrage), my dash causes an aoe explosion and my short cd aoe ability costs less resource and does more dmg. Only I can't do that since I have no way to target those traits at high ilvl. Right now I have very little hope of getting exactly those 3 options that I want that I think would make the game more fun for me.
so true
Lore's tone deaf responses give no indication that Blizzard understands or cares about what players consider fun. Neither do the removal of choice/options, the class pruning, or the increasing layers of RNG. Neither does the apparent failure or refusal to consider or respond to 99% of the constructive feedback. I'm not encouraged. Is it going to take a massive drop in subs to make a difference?
Someone said the Azerite armor came with slots so we can choose which traits to put in.
also please stop having the last trait be 5 ilvl increase and instead ha e the last one be a golden trait.

also another thought I have is have each armor have 3 tabs so you can switch around specs so you don't have to lug around multiple armor pieces.

Another thing getting high level traits should be gotten from a variety of ways something for mythic Raiders/dungein peeps, quests for odd crafting quest runs, a purple dragon world quest
09/27/2018 12:48 PMPosted by Lore
Weird, I wanted Uplifted Spirits, Font of Life, and Overflowing Mist on my gear for healing, but instead I have Elusive Footwork, Fit to Burst, and Boiling Brew. As you know, those three do absolutely nothing for mistweaver, while the former three do nothing for brewmaster. It would cost me hundreds to thousands of gold to spec swap even once per day, and since I do m+ as brewmaster and any raiding as almost exclusively mistweaver, that's a pretty frequent occurrence. It would actually save an insane amount of gold to just have a 2nd monk, though I wouldn't do it personally.

There's also the part where I'd even have equal ilvl azerite pieces pretty quick, since azerite over 340 might as well not exist despite my 370 ilvl.

And you believe the process of leveling and gearing a 2nd monk would be more efficient than farming those 340s on your main?

To be clear I'm not arguing - legitimately trying to make sure I understand this feedback.

With RNG? maybe. If he gets luckier on his other monk than his main why not right?
That's what the problem is here, we can't target what gear we want. You have made some gear so much better than others that we can no longer afford to get the worse gear. I've seen people have multiple of one spec, trying to get azerite traits in a similar fashion to the legendary farm, except somehow THIS FEELS WORSE
Overall I love the expansion so far. The warfronts are an interesting diversion for me that almost seem like a PVP style fight without actually having to PVP. The systems they have seem like alot of thought went into them. That being said I do have a few gripes where gear and azerite are concerned.

I wasn't a big fan of the whole Legion legendary farm fest. You took a substantial handicap to your damage if you didn't use a certain legendary. To top it off the whole expansion felt like nothing more than a legendary/artifact power grind. It seemed all I ever did was take time out of doing the fun things and grind for an hour or two.

Now in BFA we are stuck with yet another grind for a resource (Azerite). Whoever came up with the azerite gear in the first place had their heart in the right place, I just don't want to continually be farming said resource for a neck piece that I will never change out. The traits on the azerite gear are largely uninteresting to me. I don't get to play as much as I once did (real life comes first) and can't even use all the traits util I farm more of that silly resource called azerite.

I actually liked the setup of getting tier pieces before legion took that out. It has always been a mechanic that made the armor feel super interesting to have an added bonus on top of the stats you could get. Now we have three added pieces with more traits (which are basically talents) that we are shackled to. You could say we were shackled to our tier pieces for a while but with those we changed them out with every tier. they also weren't tied to a specific spec so you could change specs as you saw fit and still retain your tier bonus and not have to carry multiple sets of main armor pieces.

I seriously doubt they will change the azerite system much this far into an expansion. My hope is that Blizzard finally learns from this and stops shackling our gear choices down so much with the next expansion. I am just tired of having to spend half my game time farming for a resource I care nothing about, as you can only spend it on one thing.

With how they changed availability of legendaries towards the end of Legion we were shown that the system and method for acquiring them CAN change to benefit the players. Let's just hope it happens before too many have unsubbed.
If Lore keeps responding like this, they’ll have to do another AMA on Reddit

That's what he was saying. And... did you not already learn this with the talent changing, spec changing (which is more or less what Azerite trait reforging is now), and stat reforging systems of yesteryear? I mean, uh, why restore a punitive system that was clearly panned from your playerbase in a brand new feature?

Has someone deleted your company history on learned issues? If so, I need to have a chat with them. Either to stop them or to change the things they delete. I'm not sure which, but a hand is clearly needed somewhere.
Azerite armor is supposed to be that big powerful item...

Well, right now, you will probably be sitting at 340's azerites while full 380 on other slots. That doesn't feel very powerful.

Just let it drop from M+ runs. M+ will feel old really fast when the 3 most important itens of characters can't be obtainable there. Let it drop. wearing 340's feels bad.
Azerite upgrades aren't fun to get, because it's usually a trait loss.

Azerite traits aren't fun to unlock, because there is rarely a meaningful choice or change to your gameplay once you get them.

Azerite AP isn't fun to obtain, because the levels are so few and far between I forget I'm even grinding for it until I find myself at 95%.

Azerite traits aren't fun to have, because there is very little evidence most of them actually exist unless you have a damage meter addon.

At what point is this system, -fundamentally- meant to be fun?

Yes I did such thing. I have 2 shamans and actually it beneficial as I dropped 3x bis pvp traits for ele on one and 2x great pvp traits for enh on other. Yes this is beneficial. I have 2x chances to drop bis traits for any spec I play because unfortunately without getting bis traits for Ele I could forget about playing any PvP. Btw this trait was nerfed by 35% and it's still the best because you didn't finish my spec on release.

Lore. you cant farm them. Thats the problem. I have to make a new monk to get my raid lock outs or 2nd shot at weekly chest. There is no way to farm azerite gear.
imagine doubling down on azerite gear of all things lmao. The only time this system was tolerable was preraid when you were so flooded with azerite that it didnt matter at all. At this point its a straightforward uninteractive gear lottery where without any reliable farming methods the people who luck on azerite gear in their weekly chest or boss drops will invariably outperform everyone. And even worse: if lord blizzard doesnt deign your class worthy of putting your class's good traits on Uldir gear you're literally praying at the mythic chest as your only hope of actually getting good gear. Its the absolute worst of legion legendaries except this time almost everything is just a passive damage or defense bonus. Keep in mind: some legendaries were noticeable enough to end up on a talent tree.

On top of failing to be anything resembling "fun" it doesn't even succeed at being a manipulative timesink because the reward at the end of the tunnel is a laughable 5 item levels and a defensive trait. Imagine if your artifact from legion just had the 3 gold traits as the first ones you would unlock. how do you even make something this bad

dont even get me started on this reforging cost either. Cool idea we'll just gut every last cent of passive gold from the game and then make everyone pay a premium price in order to have an offspec l m a o