Azerite - Worst Itemization in WoW's History

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
Prev 1 98 99 100 118 Next
10/01/2018 09:25 AMPosted by Xoja
They really killed the RPG character development aspects of this game.

-No more meta gems
-No more major glyphs
-No new talent rows
-No new abilities leveling up after 100 (I think?)
-No raid/PVP set bonuses
-No PVP glove bonuses
-Most combat enchant slots removed
-RNG sockets
-Too much ability pruning
-Utility talents replaced by situational rotation choices

And with all of that, a lot of fun taken away. If you guys wonder why a lot of players pine for WotLK or MoP design - there’s why.

And Azerite replaced some of the systems that actually made up for that in Legion. I will not say Legion was a perfect expansion or the best we ever had, but it was way better than this one.

I agree with every point!! Also, Legion was indeed a little better, but I so want MoP era game design back!!
10/01/2018 09:38 AMPosted by Xoja
10/01/2018 09:30 AMPosted by Azreluna

How exactly does a lack of set bonuses equate to killing RPG aspects of the game?

Set bonuses had become too powerful. They started back in Classic as something like "heal for 500 on Vanish" and power inflated their way to "don't even think about breaking 4-piece until next tier's 4-piece."

Are you really taking one thing out of my list of a bunch of things and “equating” it to the end result?

Also, Vanilla set bonuses were not all weak. Remember Mage tier 2? Chance to get an instant cast spell - this set bonus laid the foundation for future class design of this game ALONE.

Set bonuses were a big part of character progression too, and were also part of PVP, not just raids, hence why I included them in a list of RPG aspects in WoW.

Some people like to pick and choose what they want to hear. I’m with you man, I miss those class specific glove bonuses along with the PvP set bonuses. There used to be so much more customization in this game but due to one of the things you listed, pruning, it’s all gone in the pooper. It makes the game feel like a bland version of what it once was.
10/01/2018 09:30 AMPosted by Azreluna

-No more meta gems
-No more major glyphs
-No new talent rows
-No raid/PVP set bonuses
-No PVP glove bonuses
-RNG sockets

And with all of that, a lot of fun taken away. If you guys wonder why a lot of players pine for WotLK or MoP design - there’s why.

And Azerite replaced some of the systems that actually made up for that in Legion. I will not say Legion was a perfect expansion or the best we ever had, but it was way better than this one.

How exactly does a lack of set bonuses equate to killing RPG aspects of the game?

Set bonuses had become too powerful. They started back in Classic as something like "heal for 500 on Vanish" and power inflated their way to "don't even think about breaking 4-piece until next tier's 4-piece."

This just in, rewards for collecting your gear: meaningful and rewarding. More at 11.
I'd like to add my frustration with this system as well. Pretty much all the points I'd want to make have been articulated better than I could have already.

This system is an unnecessary gimmick that needs to be severely overhauled.
It's the terribly low chance of getting an upgrade once you have 340s with good traits that is the worst thing about the system. You have to win the lottery 3 times it seems (for each piece).

1. You have to actually get a higher ilvl piece.
2. It has to have a good first row trait for your spec.
3. In addition to the first row it also has to have a good second row trait for your spec.

The deck is stacked against the player. That's the main reason it is garbage.
I was hoping there’d be a response before the 100th page but I don’t think that’s going to happen. His last response about meeting with development team was 3 days ago.

Gonna presume nothing happened over the weekend, so that meeting at best will take place today. Which means it’ll take 1-2 additional days to write up all their stellar responses and bake it into something that might answer more questions than it raises.

Maybe there will be some new blue text before the 150th page!
Yeah - any update here? We'd like to hear some response that this is
"a high priority for our team and we're putting a lot of emphasis on addressing the main points here". In fact, telling us, what you think the main points that have been brought up would help to know what points are being discussed.
10/01/2018 11:23 AMPosted by Dvis
I was hoping there’d be a response before the 100th page but I don’t think that’s going to happen. His last response about meeting with development team was 3 days ago.

Gonna presume nothing happened over the weekend, so that meeting at best will take place today. Which means it’ll take 1-2 additional days to write up all their stellar responses and bake it into something that might answer more questions than it raises.

I got ya covered

"Thank you for your feedback. We're amazed by how passionate the wow community continues to be as we approach our 14th anniversary.

We agree that things aren't perfect right now, but we're working on some long term solutions to that, although we're not ready to share details on that quite yet. In the meantime rest assured we will continue to balance traits and specs going forward.

Please keep providing feedback, we do read everything."
10/01/2018 11:28 AMPosted by Therogue
10/01/2018 11:23 AMPosted by Dvis

I got ya covered

"Thank you for your feedback. We're amazed by how passionate the wow community continues to be as we approach our 14th anniversary.

We agree that things aren't perfect right now, but we're working on some long term solutions to that, although we're not ready to share details on that quite yet. In the meantime rest assured we will continue to balance traits and specs going forward.

Please keep providing feedback, we do read everything."

Blizzard, hire this man
This whole topic is a huge Sh** show.
Every single expansion is the community complaining.
Blizzard is trying best they can to satisfy everyone.

Community asking for Classic World of Warcraft.
Blizzard adds a little bit of grind to Battle for Azeroth with Azerite gear... and the community is going crazy.
Classic World of Warcraft was all about grinding.
That is just another example of the community to show off they don't want to grind.

Complaining about Azerite traits. Cause a trait is not good in a single situation is just absurd. If a mythic raiding guild needs someone who has that trait they can find plenty of new people just waiting to get invited for mythic raiding. The real issue is that most guilds are just insiders that had not got the trait or are lazy for grinds.

Complaining about respec costs of traits is also absurd. Because you are not forced to use it and if you use it you need to use it wise because you know the next time it will be doubled. Its a good way to fight against gold inflation.

I'm enjoying Azerite gear as it is and the grind behind it, i think blizzard did a good job on it.
10/01/2018 11:35 AMPosted by Leprost

Blizzard adds a little bit of grind to Battle for Azeroth with Azerite gear... and the community is going crazy.
That is just another example of the community to show off they don't want to grind.

Complaining about Azerite traits. Cause a trait is not good in a single situation is just absurd. If a mythic raiding guild needs someone who has that trait they can find plenty of new people just waiting to get invited for mythic raiding. The real issue is that most guilds are just insiders that had not got the trait or are lazy for grinds.

Complaining about respec costs of traits is also absurd. Because you are not forced to use it and if you use it you need to use it wise because you know the next time it will be doubled. Its a good way to fight against gold inflation.

I'm enjoying Azerite gear as it is and the grind behind it, i think blizzard did a good job on it.

The community isn't asking for wow classic. Some people are.

This isn't even a classic grind. It's a terrible implantation of a boring system

Hmmm ... I believe you're in quite the minority there, friend. Over 1900 people as of this moment have posted to say otherwise. Maybe there's some truth behind what they are saying?

And honestly, you should try posting on your main. Would give you much more credibility that a lvl 1.
I just fear blizzard thinks this raging dumpster has died down. I realize it's only Monday but it's been quiet from them for a few days.

This needs to be their priority one.

Ehhhhh....
You gada remember what grind is. At least to me, a grind is killing boars to level up or (my most recent memory) killing Saberon whatevers to get rep up for pathfinder. The problem is that the grind doesn't exist - even grinding out AP starts with a whisper of "stop playing" and only gets louder with each level. And acquisition of Azerite gear is the polar opposite of a grind because pulling a few slot levers means you can do nothing more, which is the primary issue when you constantly lose when you pull the lever.

As for your second point, I don't think there are as many people chomping at the bit to raid mythic as you think, and as for the "required" traits, there is currently no reliable way to obtain a given set, ESPECIALLY if the set is on a dungeon piece.

I could almost get on board with your respec stance, but it's a tough sell in pvp when you compete against other people, and it's a tough sell in mythic where you need to min-max all the time. Sure, I can see choosing the generic trait if you choose multiple roles in multiple settings, but only if you could reliably get a similar piece with some good effort. The problem there is that the pieces are a luxury and you have to be exceedingly lucky to obtain even one (3-4 weeks of normal raiding here, and I only finally replaced my 325 helm with a 340, still no 355s)
This topic is awesome and Blizz do you finally see the frustration with over 1900 people going nope to this broken system you have given us

t.blizzdrone
Leprost's main must of won the Azerite lottery. That's the only players who like the system the lucky few.
10/01/2018 11:11 AMPosted by Lingpa

-No more meta gems
-No more major glyphs
-No new talent rows
-No raid/PVP set bonuses
-No PVP glove bonuses
-RNG sockets

I agree with every point!! Also, Legion was indeed a little better, but I so want MoP era game design back!!

Don't forget:

• almost completely useless professions (Looking at everything but Alch or the 2H flask)
• RNG pvp gear
• Conquest *Reward* locked and useless.
• Pointless AP grind to USE said gear. (if you even get it)
• suuuuper inconvenient *Reforging*
I'll post to add to the frustrations of this game as a whole.
I still enjoy it for the most part, but it needs work.

They have the skills and knowledge to make it a fun game. I just worry that they no longer care about us and see us as a number.
Lets be real, of course they just started talking about this today. they aren't going into work on the weekend to discuss this. They are going maybe talk about it today and decide on action by week end. Probably get an update by Friday at the earliest

its a complex system that requires major tuning so you dont want a quick fix. But also, while this is a priority for people that play, for the managers, its not something urgent enough to come in over the weekend for