Told ya. FPS MMO coming.

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 Next
Destiny 2 is owned by Activision. Are they going to make another FPS MMO?

Activisions parent company is Activsion-Blizzard (stock holding company), each developer including Blizzard and Activision are independent companies under that banner.
Can't wait for wow to be the blizzards tf2, I predict that as soon as that mmo gets popular expect a drop in content and quality with each expac.
So a Destiny rip off?

lame
I made a promise to never buy anything blizzard again. Wow
Is the last thing I still cling to but with each passing day I detest it more
And more.

Timegating
Class/specs that need buffs to neglected for months
Forcing tideious WQ rep grinds
09/11/2018 07:29 PMPosted by Somalion

Activisions parent company is Activsion-Blizzard (stock holding company), each developer including Blizzard and Activision are independent companies under that banner.

That was the promise, however they answer to the same shareholders and we've seen in the history of Activision-Blizzard stark changes to the way Blizzard games work.
09/11/2018 03:26 PMPosted by Mescyn
If they abandon rts in favor of a fps in the sc2 universe....I can't say i'll be thrilled.

Oh god yes. A looter shooter with three DISTINCTLY UNIQUE warring factions in an open world PvPvE environment with foot, ground, and air/space combat. Mmmmm

But another lame co-op universe with only lobby based PvP... pfft don't waste my time.
09/11/2018 06:39 PMPosted by Catbuyer
09/11/2018 05:35 PMPosted by Hellasha

Blizzard has nothing to do with that game, just because it's on the launcher doesn't mean anything.

Do you look at Skyrim on Steam and call it a Valve game?

Destiny 2 is owned by Blizzard-Activision. Are they going to make another FPS MMO?

Activision is the publishing company. Bungie is Destiny 2's developers. Bungie owns Destiny 2. Blizzard has nothing to do with the game.

I don't know if they are or not, the OP linked a few articles that are spreading rumors of such.
09/11/2018 07:29 PMPosted by Somalion

Bobby Kotick, CEO of Activision, has a majority share in Activision-Blizzard.
09/11/2018 04:52 PMPosted by Tinyblast
not going to play it. FPS are not my cup of tea anymore.

Fortnite / Overwatch etc.. i can't do it anymore.

Besides i am also not a console gamer anymore. The only reason i bought my xbox one is so i could play madden or all the other sport games that didn't come out on PC anymore.

Yeah I haven't had a console in probably ten years and was thinking about buying one until I heard that the new Madden is out on pc now. I wish NBA 2k19 was going to be on pc also

I bought my Xbox One with the madden bundle and got FiFA and a golf game ...

Now.. since i do have the console i bought madden 19 for my Xbox and not for the PC.. but we do have a nice Golf game for PC (finally, the last one was Tiger Woods ...13 or 14 ? )

All i need now is a nice Baseball game like we used to have.. not going to buy the playstation 4 just for "The Show 18" . I don't know if i remember it right, but the last Baseball game for PC was RBI ...
I'm so sick of esports. Nothing good has ever come of it.
FPS MMO is fine for me, but i've always been decent at aiming and i know a lot of people who like MMO's such as WoW and don't play FPS probably aren't and wont enjoy it.

In the end it's Activision-Blizzard now and a lot has changed in the way they operate, even before activision and they are much more conglomerate capitalist corporation like EA than an art studio like they used to be.

So really they are going to whatever they think will make them a lot of money and is trendy or a trend starter in the concurrent era of video games.
09/11/2018 03:29 PMPosted by Doomclan
09/11/2018 03:24 PMPosted by Elae
I think all First Person Shooters are boring and give me headaches, unless the game is called Half-Life

Have you tried Borderlands 2?

It's so good.
A FPS MMO would blow...
09/12/2018 03:30 AMPosted by Runedblade
I'm so sick of esports. Nothing good has ever come of it.

I tend to agree with the OP, that wow is not the best game to have an esport culture. See to me, raiding is the main focus of wow, which requires CO-OPERATION, not competition.
09/11/2018 03:23 PMPosted by Blondemamba
So what do you think. Would you play it?
It being the thing you're talking about, or the thing they eventually change it into despite constant fan feedback?

It's not like Blizzard even has a good name to trash anymore.

They're so tied to Activision that the alleged differentiation has become irrelevant.

Might as well make ports!

Explains why so many hardcore players are encouraged to quit...

Lower the standards for the "casual" market.

I guess for some it's just too hard to make quality work, easier to just cash out and go with whatever the thing is that requires the least amount of effort.

Avoid all criticism and you can still try to call it a "win" for yourself.

Blizzard used to be excellent, but not anymore.

Things have gone to crap under the "leadership" of Bobby Kotick, et al.

Shame.
09/11/2018 03:23 PMPosted by Blondemamba
https://www.pcgamer.com/blizzard-job-listings-hint-at-something-entirely-new/#comment-jump

Much earlier article where I speculated this was going to happen.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/04/30/blizzards-unannounced-first-person-game-seems-to-be-moving-ahead

I thought that Blizzard wanted WoW to end (complete speculation and I have no proof of this).
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20768717131?page=1

ACTIVISION/Blizzard simply wants to do console ports (and does in all new IP's) and wants to do ESPORTS. This company bought MLG. Both don't work with WoW. Both can work with a FPS. I don't blame them for wanting to go in this direction. They get 45 million dollars a year just from Overwatch Twitch rights. They can't pay people to watch WoW Arena and no newcomer or viewer can understand what's going on. People will be even more invested if there character than Overwatch if it has a leveling process and a storyline.

Will most likely be World of Starcraft and will target a next gen console release, because the consoles will FINALLY have a Zen class CPU that can run a MMO and it's a complete potato.

I hate esports in WoW and think it has ruined the game, but this could be decent. I will play it, if it is designed to include esports from the ground up (and they would have a great base with Overwatch), unlike WoW. I also hope Classic proves that there is a place for the old style MMO's and that the game was in a better place before they tried to put a square peg in a round hole.

So what do you think. Would you play it? Do you think Blizzard is doing the right thing here? If not, can you tell them why they shouldn't accept a landslide a money, when incompetent developers like Bungie and Bioware are trying something that Blizzard has the experience to actually succeed with in with PVE, PVP, quest design etc? Even as bad as Bungies attempt is, they are still making a ton of money because there is obviously a market for a GOOD FPS MMO.

This is simply the future of the MMO for this company. They are not a PC only company anymore. They are a company aligned with streamers, streaming and esports. They bought MLG (and MLG kicked WoW out in the past).

Do you think Blizzard would invest much less in WoW? Should they? They will have Diablo for the single player gamer and mythic plus type person (this could be done much better than WoW with procedural dungeons) and probably think they can do a MUCH better job than they did on Diablo 3. They will have the FPS MMO for esports, multiplayer PvP dominance. Where does WoW fit? It will look like a joke in comparison to the FPS MMO with esports. Do they try to go back to their roots? Do they take a wait and see approach with how Classic is received (smart move imo)?
You couldn't pay me to watch someone else play ANY game. I don't understand the appeal. Watching a bunch of skinny hopped up losers shoot eachother over a failed match? Play sports
09/12/2018 04:13 AMPosted by Caelin
A FPS MMO would blow...

Sounds like Destiny

Yep, you're right.
Didn't Blizzard try a few years back to make a FPS or was it a TPS called Starcraft:Ghost?

Not exactly a few years back but around 10 or so.
I quit FPS to swap to MMO, so I'd just look for another engaging MMO.