Told ya. FPS MMO coming.

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7
09/12/2018 04:23 PMPosted by Nebukenezzar
Didn't Blizzard try a few years back to make a FPS or was it a TPS called Starcraft:Ghost?

Not exactly a few years back but around 10 or so.

Starcraft: Ghost was a very complicated game and genre.

Which is probably a big part of why it got canceled. It was supposed to be a hybrid FPS/RTS stealth game, I think.
Not one thing in those job openings mention FPS and MMO in the same breath. In fact, MMO is never mentioned.
09/12/2018 04:26 PMPosted by Aryxymaraki
09/12/2018 04:23 PMPosted by Nebukenezzar
Didn't Blizzard try a few years back to make a FPS or was it a TPS called Starcraft:Ghost?

Not exactly a few years back but around 10 or so.

Starcraft: Ghost was a very complicated game and genre.

Which is probably a big part of why it got canceled. It was supposed to be a hybrid FPS/RTS stealth game, I think.

Yeah, it was supposed to tell the story about what happened to what's her name after SC1 I think.

I was excited for that game and I never played SC1.
Where does it say it's an FPS mmo? Seems like it may be a competitive FPS... but considering they have OW which is a team shooter and Destiny Tw- err, Destiny Three coming soon which is an mmo TPS, seems kinda odd they'd make another mmo (while mmos are generally hurting) to directly compete with Destiny 4 once it's out.

You know what FPS multi platform competitive sounds like to me? Battle royale- let's face it, that's the new hype and Blizz absolutely will want in on a chunk of the fortnite pie before players realize they're boring and move on to something else.

I'd put money on them doing a battle royale.