I feel so freaking sorry for the Shamans out there

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 9 Next
*Warlock feebly raises hand*

We're still a class guys! Did you forget? Ha-ha...
09/14/2018 05:23 PMPosted by Manikin
[quote]
09/14/2018 04:25 PMPosted by Bubblybarn
a class hitting the bottom of the DPS chart.


Someone has to be at the bottom.

When you rank things there is always a top and a bottom.[/quot

this. though i must admit i really enjoyed survial hunter in prepatch so for the first time since i can remember my elemental shammie is not my main this expansion not yet atleast.

in fact ill be leveling my dark iron before it too most likely

because the way it plays though not the dps


Someone does have to be at the bottom... but not by a large margin like it is now.
09/14/2018 06:08 PMPosted by PlayerKZVLQH
Same crap they've been feeding shamans for over a decade.


Seriously, this.

My first character was a shaman, but I've only come back to the class now because it feels sorta viable. I missed the last part of Legion so it sounds like I missed the best elemental pvp time frame.
Why do people play shamans outside of resto? I have played this game since 2005 and shaman has always been one of the most ignored classes, particulary elemental.

Shaman will always be a low tier class, its never going to change. Never.
shammies always seem to be the worst at the start of the xpac (i remember how the start of legion was for both locks and shammies) i hope they throw yall a bone with 8.1
i want to take this time to remind everyone on the forums of the crapfest we had in legion for elementals.

- on the announcement of tomb of sargeras and our T20 set (flame shock crits reduced the cd of fire ele which was maybe 5% of our dps, and with the ele active it always crit), we figured out our T18 (mythic hellfire citadel from WoD) simmed better than anything because our earth shock was changed from 120% of spellpower to 1250% of it, and the 2 set from WoD gave it a 45% chance to refund all maelstrom spent on it. this meant we had a 50/50 to have our 3 mil crit nuke be refunded. on tombs release in the patch notes, they cut it from a 45% chance to 10%, and even still had to bring it down to 5% later into tomb, instead of buffing the tier set.
- when they reworked earthquake to do more damage but not have haste affect an extra tick (seismic storm fishing was a thing. seismic storm was that new golden trait that gave every EQ tick a 5% chance to truck the person it hit.) because EQ was better on single target than earth shock with the seismic storm proc chance, we ran the math and spoke to sigma on the forum with how a minor buff to ES, a minor nerf to EQ, and keeping the haste to give additional ticks if we met the threshold would work. absolutely never occured despite him spending 3 days discussing this with us.
- on the class design ama (june 2017) we had the storm earth and lava team ask a few questions on it on our behalf, since they were our main source of information anyway. roughly, everything got ignored if it wasnt demon hunter and i believe paladin related (sigma also happened to be on this ama, yikes). after it was over, "hey what about the shamans, you never answered anything for them" (paraphrasing) popped up, and (paraphrasing) "ama is over, take your questions back to the forums to continue this discussion" was the response we got.

- we pleaded to not have gust of wind (a talent with a 97% pick rate at all fights in M+ and raids) removed, to have it baseline or just keep it. it got removed in BfA.
- they cut maelstrom generation and increased spending costs, which again we tried to get them to understand was not a positive direction.
- in recent BfA hotfix notes, at one point our T20 got nerfed into the ground for bonuses. im very certain someone found out it simmed better than current gear in some aspect on live, and blizz had to nerf it to make sure we only used current gear.

not only does blizzard watch and ignore us on the forums and such, but they are also actively hindering us and refuse to do anything about it. they dont care about shamans, and everyone knows it. shamans died when metzen left the wow team. theres a reason they made a questline where thrall cant call on the elements anymore and wrote him out.
09/14/2018 04:25 PMPosted by Bubblybarn
Here is a response from a CM on shaman:
"It's a very delicate balance to nail, but the goal is to create an environment where you can feel awesome when your ideal situations arise but still contribute otherwise."

I really want to understand how "it's a really delicate balance" to balance a class hitting the bottom of the DPS chart. Theres over 6k dps difference between Shaman and affli. Why is it so damn "delicate" to give small buff when you know there's a 6k DPS DIFFERENCE, can't you just give Lighning bolt a way to be cast while moving like in MOP ?

"oh no we can't give Shaman or Shadow or Feral too much because they would be mid tier, we don't want that"
That’s what I think too. Just skipped over last hotfix. Unsubbed till changes are made. Ama really opened my eyes
09/14/2018 05:20 PMPosted by Aarschott
09/14/2018 04:25 PMPosted by Bubblybarn
a class hitting the bottom of the DPS chart.


Someone has to be at the bottom.

When you rank things there is always a top and a bottom.


The problem is while being at the bottom, they have the worst defensives, very low mobility while actually doing damaged, dont play very well mechanically, and offer very little unique utility. If their damage is low, there isnt much reason to bring them.
09/14/2018 06:59 PMPosted by Thunderbash
Shaman will always be a low tier class, its never going to change. Never.

I guess Antorus didn't happen for Enhancement. Good to know!
"Shamans have no mobility, so they must nuke things while waiting for their long cast times to hit, right? ha ha ha ha"

At least with Destro Lock the Demonbolt has a cool animation and can hit pretty hard with guaranteed critical hits, our spender (Earth Shock) has NO animation and hits like a wet noodle if we don't crit.
I don't think you understand. Every class has strengths and weakness.

For example, a beast mastery hunter has the best mobility, the best damage, and the easiest rotation.

Compare that to a shaman who has low mobility and low damage but alternatively has tremor totem and you'll see that this is all working just as intended.

Also, I've been drinking Windex all day.
09/14/2018 08:12 PMPosted by Puretide
Also, I've been drinking Windex all day.


after dealing with blizzard for wod, legion and BfA, our immune systems are strong enough to survive windex. we use that as a chaser now
I find it ironic that most people are crying out for Elemental.
Try being a low-tier melee class in a melee-heavy world.

I'm rerolling Hunter or Mage so I actually have the option of having at least 1 viable in spec out of 3.
09/14/2018 08:16 PMPosted by Madfetus
I find it ironic that most people are crying out for Elemental.


It's cool, my strength as a restoration shaman is group healing. Granted, I only do it as well as a disc priest and a mistweaver, and as soon as they spread out I'm worthless and every other class shoots past me, but I have that one strength! Sorta!

And Tremor Totem!
09/14/2018 05:20 PMPosted by Aarschott
09/14/2018 04:25 PMPosted by Bubblybarn
a class hitting the bottom of the DPS chart.


Someone has to be at the bottom.

When you rank things there is always a top and a bottom.


I don't think its the rank, but the disparity in it.

12k dps versus 6k dps is a pretty wide chasm.
*At Blizz HQ*
We need something to make people really happy to have shamans.

*Dev glances outside the window at a garden of prunes*

You know... we could bring Mana Tide Totem back.
Barron Trump, please start playing Shaman!
09/14/2018 08:28 PMPosted by Wansumbrew
*At Blizz HQ*
We need something to make people really happy to have shamans.

*Dev glances outside the window at a garden of prunes*

You know... we could bring Mana Tide Totem back.


And while we're at it, didn't there used to be a permanent cleansing totem? I'd give up my ex-wife for that.
09/14/2018 04:26 PMPosted by Sephrinx
Basically - "You're all SoL, deal with it."


I knew it was going to be like that, which is why this toon is still 110. I gave up before BfA launched. My other toon was a Feral Druid. I started a Demon Hunter from scratch but I'm not really enjoying it, I don't like how we play in Arenas and my AOE is great but I don't like my single target. It's frustrating, there used to be much better balance than this. I might just go back to my Warlock at this point lol.
The problem with resto isn't even just numbers, they keep giving other healing specs tools that leave it without a niche. Even the "doesn't have a niche" niche is better filled by other specs.

Join the Conversation

Return to Forum