I feel so freaking sorry for the Shamans out there

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 9 Next
09/14/2018 08:16 PMPosted by Colanasou
09/14/2018 08:12 PMPosted by Puretide
Also, I've been drinking Windex all day.

after dealing with blizzard for wod, legion and BfA, our immune systems are strong enough to survive windex. we use that as a chaser now

I've graduated to drinking a flask of paint stripper a day... But I think my liver has finally gone kaput, so I might have to start attending Elementals Anonymous meetings soon.
People still play shaman? o.O
> Try to get in Mythic+ for an hour.
> Get declined because everybody knows Shaman specs are garbage.
> Try to do them with friends instead.
> Ah, my ilevel is too !@#$ing trash for them, I'm just slowing them down.
> Welp, simply can't play the game I guess !

Fun fun fun !
09/14/2018 09:43 PMPosted by Ewings
09/14/2018 08:28 PMPosted by Wansumbrew
*At Blizz HQ*
We need something to make people really happy to have shamans.

*Dev glances outside the window at a garden of prunes*

You know... we could bring Mana Tide Totem back.

And while we're at it, didn't there used to be a permanent cleansing totem? I'd give up my ex-wife for that.

Back in the glory days, there were many totems, all of them* far more powerful than these pathetic modern totems.

(*not actually true, Earthbind is probably better now, and Healing Stream is arguable, but you know what I mean)

Did you know that Tremor Totem used to last a minute and have no cooldown? We had permanent Poison and Disease Cleansing Totems that would cleanse all group members in range every 3 seconds. We even had totems that could deal meaningful damage, like Fire Nova Totem.

Back when our class had an identity and a niche. Then they took it all away.
09/14/2018 10:15 PMPosted by Aryxymaraki

Did you know that Tremor Totem used to last a minute and have no cooldown? We had permanent Poison and Disease Cleansing Totems that would cleanse all group members in range every 3 seconds. We even had totems that could deal meaningful damage, like Fire Nova Totem.

Back when our class had an identity and a niche. Then they took it all away.

I know! I remember, and it's wildly sad now! I wanted to play shaman (and got mine up to 100) and I still can't figure out if I just flat out sucked at playing it, or because of the start of those changes (I didn't start leveling him until late MoP / early WoD) I didn't feel as though I could be effective at almost anything elemental.
I really miss topping the charts as an Elemental Shaman in MoP. Those were the good ol' days for this toon.
Come on guys, I mean I want to feel bad for you and all.

But it’s been a downhill slope for a decade with shamans. You’ve had so much time to reroll.
09/14/2018 10:26 PMPosted by Miesha
I really miss topping the charts as an Elemental Shaman in MoP. Those were the good ol' days for this toon.

I remember seeing elemental shamans doing ridiculous numbers in raid...no one could touch them if they were decently geared...not even GREAT gear, just decent.
This is how you convince Blizzard to change it, you roll the class then demonstrate the issue as an underskill player. I remember when Ghostcrawler didn't want to listen to me so I had roll the class and demonstrate the issue by beating a truely skill player in BG. I played Blood Tank back in mop and demonstrate the issue how ridiculous the overheals were in a BG of course they nerf it. Same with Mage I remember he nerf mages while I was playing them because some hunter complain about suddenly broken mage class .They want to level the playing field which is fine but It won't balance because they always make mistakes with the class they tweak because your going to have a fair share of players figuring out.

Let me put it this way not matter how much they balance a class it will always end up being broken or they leave it like it is. They can tell me its balance but when they see a underskill player outperforming some pro experience player they will change it.
09/14/2018 10:26 PMPosted by Shinsplit

But it’s been a downhill slope for a decade with shamans. You’ve had so much time to reroll.

Rerolling doesn't solve the love of the class/spec though...its why I wont reroll feral druid or BM hunter
Tonight my friend said, "I'm thinking about leveling a healer alt. Which class do you thi--."

"Not shaman," I answered.
It wouldn't be so bad if Shaman were strong in another aspect of the game. Maybe they could have totems buff auras returned so they would be strong in warfronts... yeah, I know, bad example.
09/14/2018 10:30 PMPosted by Clammy
Tonight my friend said, "I'm thinking about leveling a healer alt. Which class do you thi--."

"Not shaman," I answered.

The only thing that kept them going for so long was they usually got some pretty cool class sets.

But now...yeah...
09/14/2018 10:29 PMPosted by Ewings
09/14/2018 10:26 PMPosted by Shinsplit

Rerolling doesn't solve the love of the class/spec though...its why I wont reroll feral druid or BM hunter

I get it.

It’s tough to leave your favorite class behind, I was there too. But it’s the first step to enjoying another class.

Vanilla: “This is the best class ever!”

BC: “It’s still okay. I don’t miss 2h enhance...much...”

Wrath: “Uh...at least lava burst is cool.”

Cata: “FIIIIIIINNNNNEEEEE!!!!! I’ll play something else! You win Blizz!”
What he said was accurate, class balance is delicate, you can't just buff the !@#$ out of something and expect that to fix it.

Classes require specific abilities tuned, based on what % of output they provide, along with situation variables.

Take demo.

It's the lowest ST in the game, it doesn't need some big overall damage buff, it needs core abilities altered, and specifically tuned.

Yes, shaman have issues, but it's not a simple bandaid fix that people want to believe.

Warlocks, on the warlock side of the forums, understand this, and we bring up very specific problems, with very detailed solutions, and even accounting for how certain abilities would scale based on them.

Shaman should do the same, not just give generic "ME WANT MOAR DAMAGE GR" rubbish.
09/14/2018 05:49 PMPosted by Boozdog
Theres a high chance that non of you play at the top % of the world so these ranking dont apply to sub-par shammys

Omg, what an elitist douche bag. Seriously, you don't need to be at the top % of the world to care about DPS, you !@#$%^. There is a reason damage meters are among the most downloaded addons every expansion, we are all gamers, we are all competitive! Seriously... The garbage people will post in this forum is aggravating...
My solace is that I haven't bought BFA, and I won't spend the money unless elemental is fixed. I'm so glad I didn't preorder this lousy expac.
What he said was accurate, class balance is delicate, you can't just buff the !@#$ out of something and expect that to fix it.

Classes require specific abilities tuned, based on what % of output they provide, along with situation variables.

Take demo.

It's the lowest ST in the game, it doesn't need some big overall damage buff, it needs core abilities altered, and specifically tuned.

Yes, shaman have issues, but it's not a simple bandaid fix that people want to believe.

Warlocks, on the warlock side of the forums, understand this, and we bring up very specific problems, with very detailed solutions, and even accounting for how certain abilities would scale based on them.

Shaman should do the same, not just give generic "ME WANT MOAR DAMAGE GR" rubbish.

We do. Warlocks should stop assuming things about stuff they don't know about.

Shamans understand this.
09/14/2018 06:07 PMPosted by Ahhsatan
is this still beta? I thought they were supposed to balance this crap before live.

No they ran out of time for shaman

Again

Returned after almost a 5 year break. Love the way shaman plays.

Been playing this toon since BC. It is the same story and explanation every expansion.

You have to play at the top of your game and be hyper focused; in order to compete with someone munching Cheetos while mousing about with 3 abilities bound to the mouse.
09/14/2018 05:35 PMPosted by Demonpowers
Funny thing is, the guy giving the AMA mains a shaman.

I was thinking about this too and the hilarity of it.

Isn’t he a resto shaman though