why is mmochamp so hyper-defensive?

General Discussion
09/15/2018 12:06 AMPosted by Munkbrah
not trying to start something

Yes you are.
Well, if WoW dies their website probably dies, too. And, WoW is very sick. So, of course they are going to be salty.
They were clearly paid to defend.
Imagine being so poor $50 breaks the bank

Yeah, that quote is pretty disgusting. Most people in the country are struggling financially for reasons currently beyond their control. Some are forced to choose between food and medicine. So yes 50 dollars can mean a huge difference.

I would wager most of those on MMO-Champion have never had to face financial uncertainty in their lives and have been sheltered from the fact that each of us are just one bad day from losing it all.
not trying to start something but I made the terrible terrible mistake of visiting MMOChampion today.

unfished? uhm.. we are ONE MONTH into launch.. of course the bloody expansion is unfinished, it's been ONE MONTH. yes there is issues with the game, there is always going to be issues with a game, Please name ONE game that had NO ISSUES at launch, please do.

almost every reply boils into something like that (that's a real quote btw).

Saw a thread of someone complaining about $50 virtual tickets and the replies were basically "STOP BEING POOR" or "I earn that much in 30 minutes".

lol

Something interesting is that most of the hyper-defensive folks had at least 5000 posts minimum with some BS corny signature and quote.

what a sad, sad cesspool.

I could say the exact same thing about these forums, only the comments swing in the opposite direction where it's a sport to throw Blizzard under a bus for everything they do with posts rated on just how many wheels you managed to get Blizzard's corpse under before the bus stopped moving.
Are their any forums about anything online that is in the public domain and isn't a negative cesspit?

Assuming there isn't a huge amount of moderation banning/blocking all the bad stuff.
09/15/2018 12:14 AMPosted by Orthane
"Imagine being so poor that $50 breaks the bank"

Well actually, I am that poor, I saved $40 for the virtual ticket as I always do, I genuinely do not have $10 more to spare, I make around 20k a year so.

Pretty insulting to have some !@#$%^ answer a legitimate complaint about ticket prices like that. They must also defend EA because "lol you're poor"

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and mine would be don't complain about the price if you can't afford it. That is pure luxury and no one in their right mind who doesn't have extra money should be trying to buy it.
09/15/2018 01:26 AMPosted by Amine
Everyone is entitled to their opinion and mine would be don't complain about the price if you can't afford it. That is pure luxury and no one in their right mind who doesn't have extra money should be trying to buy it.

I can agree there, but at the same time no one should be making fun of others simply for having less money. We're all trying to get by in this world as best we can and things are tough.
I'm still waiting for them to make a "Caution: May Cause Brain Damage" warning mandatory when going to any online forum.
09/15/2018 01:28 AMPosted by Tadkins
09/15/2018 01:26 AMPosted by Amine

I can agree there, but at the same time no one should be making fun of others simply for having less money. We're all trying to get by in this world as best we can and things are tough.

Having a lack of empathy towards others and feeling the need to publicize it is lame, if not downright sad.
Mmo-champion is the biggest echo chamber of rabid Blizzard fanbois and whiteknights, I have ever seen, & their moderators are dreadful
Some of the MMO Champ class forums are literally dead, as in not even 1 new reply in a subforum per day.

I've stopped visiting that site a few months ago and just rely on wowhead now. If I want actual discussion I just hop on a discord, or if I want to vent, theres wowhead comments..

But MMO Champ is the most circle jerk of WoW forums, even moreso than the subreddit. Though recently the reddit has become overwhelmingly negative to a point where everything is hyperbole.
09/15/2018 12:14 AMPosted by Orthane
"Imagine being so poor that $50 breaks the bank"

Well actually, I am that poor, I saved $40 for the virtual ticket as I always do, I genuinely do not have $10 more to spare, I make around 20k a year so.

Pretty insulting to have some !@#$%^ answer a legitimate complaint about ticket prices like that. They must also defend EA because "lol you're poor"

I wouldn't pay 50 dollars even with money to spare, it's not about the cash, it's about your dignity, lol.
09/15/2018 12:16 AMPosted by Direstout
Huh, didn't even know MMO-Champ had forums. I just go there now and then to find out what the blues are up to.

Basically this.
I recently posted on their forums about the hypocrisy and intolerance to criticism of their more rabbid fanboys.

What did they do to prove me right? They banned me for 2 weeks or so.

And I know who made the first quote in the OP. That would be one of the said fanboys.

I avoid that site at all costs now.
Not trying to start something

Of course not.

You are that girl on Facebook who “hates drama” yet is at all times surrounded by it. Guess what? Everyone else hates that girl.
not trying to start something but I made the terrible terrible mistake of visiting MMOChampion today.

unfished? uhm.. we are ONE MONTH into launch.. of course the bloody expansion is unfinished, it's been ONE MONTH. yes there is issues with the game, there is always going to be issues with a game, Please name ONE game that had NO ISSUES at launch, please do.

almost every reply boils into something like that (that's a real quote btw).

Saw a thread of someone complaining about $50 virtual tickets and the replies were basically "STOP BEING POOR" or "I earn that much in 30 minutes".

lol

Something interesting is that most of the hyper-defensive folks had at least 5000 posts minimum with some BS corny signature and quote.

what a sad, sad cesspool.

Because the moderators there actually remove stupid trolls instead of going after people for telling you to learn to play when you complain that soloing is too hard.
Because Blizzard has enough money to pay 1000s of internet shills to defend their game?
Any forum where wow players interact with each other right now is a damn cesspool but it's not because of the people defending the game.
Weird, I used to post on there years ago and it was the opposite then. Lots of hate for WoW and WoW killer threads. Besides what the op link quoted I can find the same type of comments on here if there threads have not been removed.

I think the biggest difference between the two forums is moderation. WoW forums are just more heavily moderated and threads are removed more often.