DBM may be in Jeopardy

General Discussion
1 2 3 8 Next
Seems pretty important. I imagine it makes life easier for a lot of the community.

Basically the DBM creator is having a really really rough time right now.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/9gat0b/update_on_the_future_of_deadly_boss_mods_by_its/

For Aytan https://www.deadlybossmods.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1135&f=3 *wraps it in a bow*

https://www.patreon.com/deadlybossmods
It's made so much of WoW more accessible to the community. I wonder how many people this helped get into raiding?
DBM has been the most downloaded add-on for a very long time for a reason
Raises hand
09/16/2018 09:12 AMPosted by Derpimus
DBM has been the most downloaded add-on for a very long time for a reason

I urge everyone to read what i linked. The creator is going through a very hard time. DBM looks to be in jeopardy :\. The entire read is really screwed up.
I used to use it all the time myself, but I started to grow bored with it during Legion. I axed it during Antorus and to my surprise I found myself enjoying running Dungeons & Raids again! Nearly ever boss mechanic has visual and auditory clues that you can use to pick up on what's happening, and DBM was just starting to feel like a needless addition to my set-up. Like training wheels still on a bicycle.

Now with that being said, I'm not suggesting DBM is terrible. Far from it, it's a wonderful resource that really helps you learn how to play better. I encourage anyone who wants to improve their skills to use it. It just isn't my cup of tea any more.
I started using it after I started raiding. Same with Recount, and went from being a clicker to a keybinder. Recount blew my mind, seeing the breakdowns of my abilities and the percent each was doing.

I've stopped spending forever on my UI now though and mostly just keep to a simple Bartender/Z-perl interface.

Also use Sexymap (Comes with map coords, if you configure it right you get to see more of the minimap that you normally would, and, of course, it's sexy. )

Oh and Prat for chat that you can copy/paste to your browser so you can share links.
09/16/2018 09:19 AMPosted by Schwartzhoft
I used to use it all the time myself, but I started to grow bored with it during Legion. I axed it during Antorus and to my surprise I found myself enjoying running Dungeons & Raids again! Nearly ever boss mechanic has visual and auditory clues that you can use to pick up on what's happening, and DBM was just starting to feel like a needless addition to my set-up. Like training wheels still on a bicycle.

Now with that being said, I'm not suggesting DBM is terrible. Far from it, it's a wonderful resource that really helps you learn how to play better. I encourage anyone who wants to improve their skills to use it. It just isn't my cup of tea any more.

Yeah and thats perfectly ok, If your skill level outgrows it then it outgrows it but the creator wrote a post and his health is declining and has a lot of issues going on and basically created and managed this mod by himself apparently for the entirety of its life. I'm trying to bring awareness to our community because a lot of casual raiders, myself included use it. I'm not great at tracking things and its an invaluable tool to have something scream at me to move.
The creator also says at the moment that he plans to continue working on it, and I expect if that changed, then there's probably a small crowd of people who would be willing to keep working on it. That's more saying the creator can't keep mythic raiding than "This is the End of DBM." Does sound like he's having a rough time, though.
Someone will make a new dbm, or take that one over, and keep it updated more than likely. If not mistaken X pearl got left in limbo for a short time before someone took it over, and it became Z pearl?
09/16/2018 09:22 AMPosted by Arryk
The creator also says at the moment that he plans to continue working on it, and I expect if that changed, then there's probably a small crowd of people who would be willing to keep working on it. That's more saying the creator can't keep mythic raiding than "This is the End of DBM." Does sound like he's having a rough time, though.

He has some nasty tooth abscess goin on and is taking fish anti-biotics? I think he's sacrificing too much of his health if im being perfectly honest over a MOD for a game even tho it probably nets him his livable income so he has too. I'm just hoping enough of us can help. I'd hate to leave things to probably. I like decisive action.
09/16/2018 09:26 AMPosted by Primalmatter
Someone will make a new dbm, or take that one over, and keep it updated more than likely. If not mistaken X pearl got left in limbo for a short time before someone took it over, and it became Z pearl?
Yup
His Patreon...

09/16/2018 09:27 AMPosted by Woodspath
His Patreon...

Ty woodspath i forgot to link it. I'll put it in the Main post too.
I actually don't use that addon but i don't understand why someone would want to start doing something like this to the exclusion of everything else. He is 'working' for himself he really didn't need to keep adding more and more into that.

Anyway, he should just cut back on the amount of content he is making this for if he doesn't have time for anything else.

There are actually other addons around that are a little more memory friendly.
this community would not let it die
A link to a link. Seriously?
I feel like if you actually read it you'd know that he puts way too much work on himself but that DBM isn't going anywhere and mostly nothing is changing.
This guy should be on Blizzard's payroll. He has made their game infinitely more accessible to casual players, and I'm sure that has been reflected in their bottom line.
09/16/2018 09:32 AMPosted by Vaenaru
I feel like if you actually read it you'd know that he puts way too much work on himself but that DBM isn't going anywhere and mostly nothing is changing.

Still doesn't change the fact that the guy has worked on an extremely helpful addon that has been used by millions of players for years. I truly feel for the guy, while I am not in a situation myself to donate I would in a heart beat if I could. Already linked this thread to guild members who can though and they are.