Prot warriors in 8.1?

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
Prev 1 17 18 19 Next
I know this discussion is more PvE oriented but I was wondering what was the reasoning for removing the PvP Talent Leave No Man Behind?

Any thoughts?
Prot's pretty dead in PvP because of the same issues that make it bad in PvE. Lack of survivability, lack of sustain, outshined in mobility by DH and Monk; No amount of PvP talents will fix that, without some serious buffs to their core class identity.
Ultimately looks like they are probably done with class changes at this point... Sure there is a month left before this goes live.

however, they already seem more focused on 8.1.5 into 8.2 than 8.1 at this point. So sad sense we have yet to see any of that improved communication they keep going on, and on about....
It is laughable that my Holy Pally does MORE DAMAGE, is a better quester and does not drop dead with 3 mobs like my Protection Warrior does all the time. Quests with same gear level and same quest goals my Holy Pally is smoking most elites and progressing along well....but my Protection Warrior drops dead from lack of health. I should not have to pop every single cooldown every other 3 mob pull???

Protection Warrior does fine with single target (well except Elites he dies), and some quests are just impossible to do for above reasons....lack of heath and resources.

EXAMPLE: With low health mobs I can keep my Protection Warrior alive and fighting a Elite, but once they are gone he just gets magic spell killed or beaten to death with no way to recover health. With Lifesteal I was doing better but do I have to have Lifesteal on every weapon for just this class???
Aaaaand 4 more months of silence, here we come.
We should just make tons of new topics and spam about warriors till they say something
i do really hope there is more to come before 8.1.

Just having 3-4 minor buffs would not fully make us on par with the other tanks.
11/03/2018 12:20 AMPosted by Carbonic
It is laughable that my Holy Pally does MORE DAMAGE, is a better quester and does not drop dead with 3 mobs like my Protection Warrior does all the time. Quests with same gear level and same quest goals my Holy Pally is smoking most elites and progressing along well....but my Protection Warrior drops dead from lack of health. I should not have to pop every single cooldown every other 3 mob pull???

Protection Warrior does fine with single target (well except Elites he dies), and some quests are just impossible to do for above reasons....lack of heath and resources.

EXAMPLE: With low health mobs I can keep my Protection Warrior alive and fighting a Elite, but once they are gone he just gets magic spell killed or beaten to death with no way to recover health. With Lifesteal I was doing better but do I have to have Lifesteal on every weapon for just this class???

Level 111 holy Paladin is faster at soloing quest mobs than a prot Warrior.

Got it
11/01/2018 05:26 PMPosted by Kungfopanduh
They will need more than that to be competitive. Either double that buff or revert the DC nerf and that should be a good starting point.

I disagree in that is a Good starting point because a Good Starting point would be to remove these talents choices.

- Impending Victory
- Vengeance
- Devastator
- Ravager
- Indomitable

Then after these are removed actually create compelling awesome talent choices in their place. This would be real change and meaningful changes. We want a Prot overhaul not take something off GCD and buff something a small %.

Personally would like Impending Victory and Devastator to become baseline. Devastator needs to generate 2 rage per hit.

Vengeance and Ravager are meaningless good bye just delete them.

Now onto IP, Revenge and Shield Block. What a crappy design to have 3 abilities we need to use all the time cost such extreme amounts of rage. One of them has to either go or not cost rage in order to work. Unless they want to buff Shield Slam to generate 30 rage but I rather they just fix the Rage cost.

Revenge a core staple Prot ability feels super bad to press. Not only that I rather never press it unless I have a free proc so it doesn't cost rage. The fact is we never needed to take IP off GCD all we needed to do is actually bake IP into Revenge. Every Revenge should just apply IP. That is some class fantasy as your warrior Ignores Pain in order to get Revenge :)

Now we are starting to get some manageable Rage cost. We can't have 3 things cost 30+ Rage that is super dumb an beyond annoying.

Shield Block needs to cost 25 Rage and it will feel better with Revenge now being 40 Rage and applying IP. With Devastator baseline and generating 2 rage which also free's up our rotation and gives us more Shield Slam procs to of course Generate Rage.

Then in the missing talents there is a plethora of great ideas mentioned over and over from Legendary bracers being a talent to other things but just make it happen. Fix Prot's core issues then give them better talents to make competitive choices for engaging gameplay.

We want to have fun again and really enjoy playing Prot again dammit we been waiting years! If you can't deliver multiple talent changes and make some things baseline and create new talents then what do we even have Devs for? Give us a real Prot Warrior to play again! We aren't going to be happy if you only buff X. Give Prot an overhaul like it needs and absolutely deserves! We need new talents and great talents at that.

Thanks
@Abombanation
I disagree not necessarily in that you want us to be stronger, but in the path you take for changes. Although more realistic than some, I seriously doubt they will rework or talent trees at this point til 9.0 pre-patch, sadly.

Personally I am of the opinion that classes Rotations, Abilities, Mobility/Defensive's, and Utilities should be complete with 0 talents chosen.

Talents should not be IMO active abilities. They can be one if they replace a ability with a better version perhaps. But they should be Alterations to our other abilities, or passives. The class, and Spec should be complete and good without them. This makes changes talents more situation and depended on what you have for talents more useful, when you know the fights.

Finally, although it has not been brought up in this thread i just wish to say. I can't understand how the classes became this watered down, and pathetic. I get the meme, that they want to port it to console. However, FF has far more detailed and mechanically driven classes than WoW at this point and works fine on a console. So I would seriously like to know WHY!!!! are our classes so gutted.
Sooo still no news on that new mastery? I remember they added the old one back into the PTR a while ago, maybe they gave up?
I was thinking why not make prot have a sort of second wind baseline. Meaning that every 3 seconds u heal for a certain amount. For this reason warriors will survive longer just based on reducing damage intact but not require a healer. It could not be something silly like 10% health but i would be happy with 2%.

So basically your always recovering and your uniqueness of healing is just outlasting your opponent.

To op?
11/07/2018 06:33 AMPosted by Ryuku
I was thinking why not make prot have a sort of second wind baseline. Meaning that every 3 seconds u heal for a certain amount. For this reason warriors will survive longer just based on reducing damage intact but not require a healer. It could not be something silly like 10% health but i would be happy with 2%.

So basically your always recovering and your uniqueness of healing is just outlasting your opponent.

To op?

Personally i believe having IPV made baseline is a better choice because of 2 reasons.

1. We have a reliable heal that both sides of the warrior community when it comes to self-healing can agree on. Its not op at all and fits with our CD's just fine.

2. This will free up the talent in all warrior talent trees and those can be easily be replaced with legion legendaries or old talents from prior expansions.

To me this helps warriors in the long run.
Warriors arent that bad as far as raiding goes. Where's your sense of adventure?
11/08/2018 07:10 PMPosted by Rocknblock
Where's your sense of adventure?
It died when they tell me i should get a phone to continue my adventure.
11/06/2018 08:05 PMPosted by Aethevale
Although more realistic than some, I seriously doubt they will rework or talent trees at this point til 9.0 pre-patch, sadly.

Since they were supposed to rework Prot before launch and had IP removed. It's really sad that Prot isn't complete till 9.0 then.

Prot is an unfinished spec just waiting to be completed. It's bad and the Devs should feel bad for letting it go live.
Warriors arent that bad as far as raiding goes. Where's your sense of adventure?

It died when blizzard decided to nerf my class making us the meme tank.

Sure, you CAN raid as a prot warrior; But:

1) There's other content such as 5-mans and PvP where warriors are just abominably bad right now

2) Even in raids, a warrior does more to bring the group down than help it.

3) It's not fun to see -those- numbers with -those- spell effects. The warrior aesthetic & sound are still great, but for all the shields & armor you wear, you still -feel- like you're paper...

idk about you, but in me it breeds a sense of futility, more-so than a sense of adventure.
Priests, shamans and warlocks got their blue posts...

Can we break this radio silence Blizz please ?
11/10/2018 01:04 PMPosted by Zendhal
Priests, shamans and warlocks got their blue posts...

Can we break this radio silence Blizz please ?

Gonna suck when 8.1 goes live and we are still making threads to fix Prot warriors. Some clear communication on massive planned changes would be nice. The silence with nothing great coming is hard to take.