Don't give people water walking mounts...

General Discussion
Pretty sick of seeing the hideous water strider everywhere, this wouldn't bother me at all.
09/19/2018 03:24 PMPosted by Arkimus
did you forget when they actually considered not allowing water walking mounts in future expansions? that was talk for legion I believe, they were going to stop letting water walking mounts water walk except for in the expansion areas they were obtainable in
They backpedaled.

They shouldn't have. Feels really good telling my friends to go buy a flask because they'll probably never be able to get a strider to join me. I know they're still obtainable through timewalking or by going grinding the way it was "intended" but for the use case of most players, these mounts are about as obtainable as the scarab lord mount.
I just want some boats to ride in the water. Doesn't have to be this boat. Just a boat.
Best item is that river boat in 1000 needles. With all the reskins lately why couldn't they have done that one?
It shouldn't be water walking, because it's a boat. I think the boat should work like the raft in water.

The mechanism is already in the game and it's totally appropriate.
We have lots of mounts that can travel on land and in the air- and can't currently even use the latter for their intended purpose for current expansion questing. If they're going to keep restricting flight, they could at least try to make up for that, by making more mounts that can travel by sea- and not more lame consumable pieces of crap that only last 25 seconds and can barely be controlled.
<span class="truncated">...</span>They backpedaled.

They shouldn't have. Feels really good telling my friends to go buy a flask because they'll probably never be able to get a strider to join me. I know they're still obtainable through timewalking or by going grinding the way it was "intended" but for the use case of most players, these mounts are about as obtainable as the scarab lord mount.

This is ridiculous. The azure water strider is easy to get. Just go do dailies at Angler's Wharf in Krasarang Wilds for a month, faster if you also catch rare fish.

I got mine 2 years ago.

Lots of people are doing that right now. The place is hopping. Maybe you should pay it a visit to see how wrong you are.
Is this about the boat mount in the shop? I hope not. Because I knew something like this would happen.

Why must people complain about everything?
09/19/2018 03:12 PMPosted by Carceri
09/19/2018 03:11 PMPosted by Angrysocks
I already have the water strider, and I think the boat should travel on water.

Same. A boat should waterwalk. It's absurd if it doesn't.

Then it should be available in game by a non-grindy means. Paying money o avoid an in game grind is pay to win.
09/19/2018 03:09 PMPosted by Moccoo
Let them earn them..

There are multiple guides and resources, as an FYI, the fastest way is when there are MOP time walking events.

This is not the video i learned about this, but when i google it... it's what I found.
https://youtu.be/V4Yk4nyL0Tg

Blizz, if you give everyone what they want all the time, they no longer have anything to work for. Don't bend to the pressure of people wanting water walking mounts please.
Compromise... Unlock waterwalking on all mounts after you've earned the strider? For the sake of variety at the very least. WTB Mount transmog
09/19/2018 03:38 PMPosted by Spellchaser

This is ridiculous. The azure water strider is easy to get. Just go do dailies at Angler's Wharf in Krasarang Wilds for a month, faster if you also catch rare fish.

I got mine 2 years ago.

Lots of people are doing that right now. The place is hopping. Maybe you should pay it a visit to see how wrong you are.

Hey, just go grind old unsupported content for over a month to get ONE mount that game zones are designed around having? This isn't cosmetic, this is an actual mechanical thing and the only reason you think this is acceptable is because you already did it. All it is now is a chore, worse than any allied race unlock even because it doesn't even provide a context or really make any sense.
09/19/2018 03:12 PMPosted by Carceri

Same. A boat should waterwalk. It's absurd if it doesn't.

I like when boats walk on water irl.
09/19/2018 03:17 PMPosted by Cean
Water-walking on a mount is a convenience feature and to date blizzard has only sold limited cosmetics.

And gold. They sell gold now in the form of tokens. Also my lil' ragnaros is a portable firepit for cooking. That's mighty convenient.
This boat don't float.
stop feeding the troll guys.
Let them earn them..

People like you are the reason the game is in the state it is today.

Just stop bro, please. Just stop.
* casts path of frost and walks across water *

^.^
There are multiple guides and resources, as an FYI, the fastest way is when there are MOP time walking events.

IMHO, when there's a fast and easy way to do it if you "just know this one simple trick", that's not a great thing. It's like you're punishing people for not having an obscure bit of knowledge.

I'd prefer if there were multiple ways to get a water walking mount, only one of which was that. Let engineers craft boats (and submarines that also have water breathing). Let the Val'sharah seahorse work in every water zone. Let enchanters craft magic horseshoes that let any mount water walk for two hours.

I'd even like it if all flying mounts could glide over the water when in non-flying areas... and also had slow fall (ie. make it work exactly like the "levitate" spell).
09/19/2018 03:16 PMPosted by Desombras

Try again with your pretentious bull!@#$.

Idc if the boat can travel on water, but people want to take things away, because they are too lazy to earn it themselves!

Leave my Water strider alone or I'll knife ya while you are fighting multiple mobs!

Just wondering, do you look at shamans/dks and just feud because they can turn any mount into a water walking mount? I can have a brutosaur with an AH and repair in the middle of the great sea.

A boat should have water walking.

If you're mad about not having flying, but still riding birds with wings that can't fly, you should be peeved at this as well, its a boat, floating on magic that can fly as well, but can't float on water.
It's literally a boat... They missed out on the perfect opportunity to actually do something cool. Heaven forbid someone gets a water mount without you getting butt hurt.