Don't give people water walking mounts...

General Discussion
09/19/2018 03:11 PMPosted by Angrysocks
I already have the water strider, and I think the boat should travel on water.

Try again with your pretentious bull!@#$.

Same here. Seems kinda silly the boat does't float but can (I assume) fly.
HA I still have fishing pole artifacts I can swim and move on water
09/19/2018 03:38 PMPosted by Spellchaser
This is ridiculous. The azure water strider is easy to get. Just go do dailies at Angler's Wharf in Krasarang Wilds for a month, faster if you also catch rare fish.

Don't you go suggesting people do old content to unlock anything 'round these parts!
09/19/2018 03:10 PMPosted by Osirus
Or just end this no-flying nonsense.

NO! MAKING PEOPLE WALK MORE MAKES THE GAME MORE IMMERSIVE AND DIFFICULT!

CARDIO = GREAT DESIGN!!

You just don't understand because you're worried about fun and enjoyment.

Games aren't about fun. They're about taking a long time to do something so you can feel better about other people who haven't done that thing yet.
If they hadn't, for years, made the only water walking mount available solely from the most annoying grind in Pandaria, they wouldn't be in this situation now.
how about if you have the waterstrider the boat water walks now
Only thing im saying is why are we forced to a single mount for water walking but have multiple mounts for flying and ground walking. Give us options blizzard.
I totally agree with OP. I'm really getting tired of the Entitled generation. They already get to start a profession at max level of the playing zone, not like the rest of us whom started from level 1-800. Just isn't fair and they don't get the feel of truly being involved in the whole game. You work for it, you stand by it, and you fight for it. No wonder they are so quick to "unsub"
09/19/2018 03:21 PMPosted by Jubearlee
Who cares if someone else has something you do or do not have?
I can't feel like a special snowflake if others get things too...
09/19/2018 03:09 PMPosted by Moccoo
Let them earn them..

There are multiple guides and resources, as an FYI, the fastest way is when there are MOP time walking events.

This is not the video i learned about this, but when i google it... it's what I found.
https://youtu.be/V4Yk4nyL0Tg

Blizz, if you give everyone what they want all the time, they no longer have anything to work for. Don't bend to the pressure of people wanting water walking mounts please.
I have BOTH water walking mounts. And I think it's silly that a freaking boat mount doesn't float on water. Also, Shamans and Death Knights would like a word with you.

I HATE those bug mounts. I don't want to ride a bug because I despise bugs in real life.
Dude it's mop content. Just because you earned it ~5 years ago doesn't mean people need to do it the same way. It's bad for the game, its bad play, its !@#$e game design and theres 0 logical argument on telling someone to grind out x just because you had to back in your day, except in very few examples like maybe class mounts. Which I'll never get if it involves grinding the entire order hall line because i have current content to play.
09/19/2018 04:41 PMPosted by Kanzie
This boat don't float.

Lol it actually does float! If you jump into the water while mounted on the Dreadwake it looks like a boat floating in water, bobbing back and forth keeping you dry. However sadly you go slow just like any mount in water :(
Dude its a boat......... You know it should float, you're just whining.
09/19/2018 05:00 PMPosted by Pinkeh2BD7ED
Let them earn them..

People like you are the reason the game is in the state it is today.

Just stop bro, please. Just stop.

And what state is that? The state where we actually have to play the game to get rewards?

It's people like you that chime in with the "ME ME ME!" attitude, that got things like Personal Loot added to the game, and Master Loot removed.

"I want to be able to go into a raid, lay on the floor, afk, but still get loot!"
09/19/2018 05:26 PMPosted by Dalriaden
Dude it's mop content. Just because you earned it ~5 years ago doesn't mean people need to do it the same way. It's bad for the game, its bad play, its !@#$e game design and theres 0 logical argument on telling someone to grind out x just because you had to back in your day, except in very few examples like maybe class mounts. Which I'll never get if it involves grinding the entire order hall line because i have current content to play.

Then I guess you don't get the WW mounts. Tough luck.
All of you people that think others need to earn content from previous expansions have some weird issues that you need to lord over them with mediocre accomplishments.

Even blizzard completely throws out older expansions when raising the level cap!
Let them earn them..

Careful now. "Earn" is a bit of a trigger word for a certain section of GD.
09/19/2018 03:17 PMPosted by Arkimus
09/19/2018 03:16 PMPosted by Desombras
Idc if the boat can travel on water, but people want to take things away, because they are too lazy to earn it themselves!

Leave my Water strider alone or I'll knife ya while you are fighting multiple mobs!
They aren't going to take away the water strider. That would be stupid.

People beg for them to all the time. I know it's likely never going away, but it is Blizzard, you know?
09/20/2018 06:55 AMPosted by Injustice
All of you people that think others need to earn content from previous expansions have some weird issues that you need to lord over them with mediocre accomplishments.

Even blizzard completely throws out older expansions when raising the level cap!

It's a mount that you do not ''need'' then. It's that simple!
What if, If you have Waterstriders unlocked The Dreadwake can now float?
Would that get your panties out of the twist?
09/19/2018 03:22 PMPosted by Cean
09/19/2018 03:21 PMPosted by Sorelai
There are many ways to have water-walking in the game. Adding the ability to a new mount is not game breaking.

It is a departure from their standard business model however.

Departure from their "Standard Business Model" is needed at times. It prevents the game from stagnating. SInce we're currently doing the same things we did in Legion, minus all Character Progression and development, I would say that a departure is needed.