Can Shadow Priests Expect Anything from 8.1?

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
Just wondering if anything is in the works.
Like even a blue post saying “yes”? Essentially every other class facing issues has been at least acknowledged.
Not looking good. Wish I hadn't got roped in with 6 months and a mount (
09/21/2018 03:17 PMPosted by Telenoth
Like even a blue post saying “yes”? Essentially every other class facing issues has been at least acknowledged.

I want to tell you that Prot warriors just finally got a response after months of beta and a month of live, like, 3 hours ago. They don't usually post to multiple specs at the exact same moment, so you can't exactly say that they're done talking about specs for 8.1.

Also, demo and balance are worse than you and have gotten no attention, ele's post fixed literally nothing, and enh which is about the same as you hasn't gotten any posts.
09/21/2018 03:17 PMPosted by Telenoth

I want to tell you that Prot warriors just finally got a response after months of beta and a month of live, like, 3 hours ago. They don't usually post to multiple specs at the exact same moment, so you can't exactly say that they're done talking.

Also, demo and balance are worse than you and have gotten no attention, ele's post fixed literally nothing, and enh which is about the same as you hasn't gotten any posts.

Shadow was an absolute design nightmare for the entirety of Legion, sooo..
I know that wowhead is the worst, but apparently there was nothing in the 8.1 patch that hit the PTR for shadow priests according to the data mining.

WHY AM I NOT SURPRISED?!

Thx blizz.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=287352/patch-8-1-ptr-27826-class-changes-elemental-shaman-feral-druid-talents-and-taunt
According to wowhead, you have no changes on 8.1, while Ele Shaman got their rework.

Hate to say it but sorry man. Maybe check back in 8.2
What do you guys mean. It looks like they buffed our dots again. Pft we're golden now. /sarcasm
We should join every other spec that needs love and make a unsub day, because they're clearly not caring about what is said here. Make a protest day so devs can hear us.
If you saw how pathetic the elemental "rework" was, you wouldn't be all that excited to see a shadow priest rework . . .
I think at this point they're just hoping to ignore the issue. Nothing datamined, nothing mentioned in the reddit AMA, nothing mentioned at all in any of these forum threads.

Can we just get our no already?
09/21/2018 05:34 PMPosted by Kira
I think at this point they're just hoping to ignore the issue. Nothing datamined, nothing mentioned in the reddit AMA, nothing mentioned at all in any of these forum threads.

Can we just get our no already?

I'd rather hear a "we're not going to be working on shadow until ___," instead of hoping to hear something. At least that way I can work on leveling and playing something else.
09/21/2018 05:02 PMPosted by Moonshayde
If you saw how pathetic the elemental "rework" was, you wouldn't be all that excited to see a shadow priest rework . . .

Void Torrent damage increased by 7%. Shadowy Apparitions now move 5% faster.

Something like that probably. The lack of communcation on shadow has been horrendous. We haven't gotten any real interaction from the devs on the class since the rework in Nighthold. We got 1 blue post for DA which fixed a non-existent problem for shadow (its fun to use.. except for the 2.5 second base casttime on Void Eruption) 5 months ago.

I really don't know why I even bother anymore TBH. Should just make like Elipsis and just stop playing.
We can hope. "Expect" is too strong.
I doubt everything has been shown so far for 8.1 there is likely something there.
09/21/2018 08:22 PMPosted by Maybeitsroxx
I doubt everything has been shown so far for 8.1 there is likely something there.

There has been plenty of discussion about other classes/specs but we have not been mentioned since before the xpac. The least they could do is just simply say "hey we're working on something small/big for you all, stay tuned!" but we've not even been mentioned by name in any blue post about 8.1.
I guess we just really need a popular shadow priest streamer to complain for a few days to get some attention.
Thats part of the problem there isnt a hyper popular spriest streamer at all. In beta they said the Spriest rework was going to be 8.1 but I haven't heard anything since then.
no. quit..
09/21/2018 08:58 PMPosted by Kira
I guess we just really need a popular shadow priest streamer to complain for a few days to get some attention.

Class sucks because there isn't a popular spriest streamer.

There isn't a popular spriest streamer cause the class sucks.

Fix your game.