MM Hunters Time to Revolt

Hunter
So the Patch notes just trickled and while not final have Zero Mention of really any changes Marks.

This must mean they still don't view it as a problem so I guess we'll just have to give even more feedback.

The 8.1 ptr isn't up yet but when it does we must all band together spam this thread along with the 8.1 ptr suggestion boxs until we are addressed because its unacceptable at this point because its not just an issue with its damage.
Have you seen the DPS sims for MM Hunters?

We're fine.
09/21/2018 04:24 PMPosted by Aleiah
Have you seem the DPS sims for MM Hunters?

We're fine.
No one cares about the sims.

The spec plays like !@# and we're a 2 button spec where our generator is doing 2nd or 3rd damage in DPS because we are relying on a trait.

We're fine.
its unacceptable at this point because its not just an issue with its damage.

We're fine.

idk bro https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19#dataset=95&difficulty=4
MM sims fine, matter of fact the other hunter in our guild pulls taloc on MM every week. Every week prior to raid he tells me how MM sims higher then BM for him, but, when we pull, it doesnt push those numbers. MM doesnt come close to BM.

Sure it might sim fine, but the spec isnt fine, and ive yet to see a MM pull what they simmed for.

The spec is broken, boring, and has no utility. MM needs some love, thats just my opinion though
I can't believe a multi billion dollar company can be so poor at communicating with their customers.

That Lore Dev also fails to internally communicate with class developers, which was evident with the recent blue post about prob warriors, who were basically told that prot warriors are not changing this expansion.

Maybe if we create Reddit memes of how bad MM is it will finally get some attention. Because apparently that was the case with ele, which was the only priveledged spec to receive a blue post.
MM looked bad in beta and after hardly any iteration I just gave up on it. There were thousands of posts, probably more than any other spec, so it's not like they had no feedback. Looks like Blizz just gave up on the spec too.

We're fine.

Explosive Shot is literally broken, how are we fine?

We're fine.

Have you seen that there are literally zero mm hunters in arena? The spec is anything BUT fine!
09/21/2018 06:41 PMPosted by Lemmiwinkzz
who were basically told that prot warriors are not changing this expansion.
That is the exact opposite of what they were told.
or can prots hope for some love as well? Cause it honestly feels really bad when the most iconic tank in the game is just so far behind it's not even worth using any more...
Blizzard:
I can’t speak to any plans for the patch, but I do know that we’re planning to make some tuning adjustments sometime in the next few weeks which should include some defensive buffs for Protection Warriors.

Just curious but why can't you speak to any plans for the patch? You explained the tooltips for the proposed ele shaman changes, but can't speak about warriors? Or is it that there is nothing changing in the patch for warriors?
Blizzard:
Few reasons. Partially because I'm not a class designer, so I don't make those decisions. But also because the class team themselves haven't decided yet. We agree Prot Warriors need love, but aren't 100% decided on exactly what form those changes will take, which also means we don't know if it'll need to be in a patch or not. The Elemental changes require a patch, otherwise we'd just hotfix them in.

Regarding this upcoming tuning pass, I wouldn't expect it to be something that solves every Prot Warrior grievance, but it should hopefully help while we look into potential further adjustments.

So not only are they getting immediate adjustments so they don't completely suck, but they got confirmation that they are aware there is a more fundamental problem and they are looking in to it. They just aren't sure what they are going to do yet.

To me, if I were playing Prot, that would be very positive news indeed.
09/21/2018 06:54 PMPosted by Disruptor
What was once a substantial issue has become so inconsequential to the complete mess that is MM, its literally the LEAST of our problems now.

Pretty amazing.
09/21/2018 07:15 PMPosted by Masoschism
09/21/2018 06:54 PMPosted by Disruptor
What was once a substantial issue has become so inconsequential to the complete mess that is MM, its literally the LEAST of our problems now.

Pretty amazing.
how hard would it be to just add old explosive shot back in ,and add a talent that gave it an aoe
Hello, I'm an MM hunter, and like many of us, I'm sick and tired of being forced to go bm on any fight with more then one target.

Compared to BM our utility, dps and play-ability all suck we may Sim high, but considering how horrible our AoE rotation is we don't sim high enough. Other specs /classes like BM and DH, sim very high for both single target and AoE.

Whomever thought that giving our multishot a minimum and maximum cap ruined our AoE and cleave potential, for more then two targets ANY spec or Class is better, even Ele before they got buffed and if anything MM is in a worse state then Ele was before it got its rework.

MM seriously is in need of fixing. we are not competitive in the slightest, and in fact many MM hunters get kicked from raids for being MM hunters I know I have, and I know many MM hunters have, even the better ones.
let the subs keep lowering. It's the only way for them to fix their !@#$
09/21/2018 07:40 PMPosted by Pm
let the subs keep lowering. It's the only way for them to fix their !@#$
This is the sad truth unfortunately.

The blues are currently addressing Prot Warriors issues atm and giving their typical damage control talk.
I'll also add, to access the Utility of MM we need to use a pet, which is a further dps loss for AoE AND ST because of the pet Ai, and the loss of Lone wolf. Which is one of the bigger issues with the spec, we are forced to go BM for more utility at a mythic raiding level, and often we cannot support our group as much as the other two specs Can.

On top of this we have unironically one of the most useless CDs in the game. Trueshot. Yes a 30% haste buff and a charge of aimed-shot is nice. but it lasts 15seconds and is on a 3minute CD, I'll like to state it is possible for BM to keep Bestial wrath which is a 25% damage buff, up at all times should they get enough barbed-shot procs. not to mention, it has a time ratio of 1/12. This cool-down is up for a 12th of any fight we participate in, which is outright sad, considering Metamorphosis, and other similar cool-downs. Yes you can argue we get Heroism, but that's using a pet, and to be quite frank, DH's can use drums if they needed to so it is a poor argument anyway.

As it stands, our single target rotation is two buttons and ontop of this, a strong secondary stat for us is completely nerfed by a talent; Crit. Crit has been a strong stat for MM hunters to take for along time, I remember back in Cata how much damage crit could allow us to do, and at the moment if it wasn't for the gaurenteed critical strike of Lethal Shots, Crit would easily be higher then Mastery and Verse, this is another factor that hurts us.

Furthermore our rotation is heavily RNG based, and many MM hunters report variances of up to 25% lower then their sims, although we can go higher, it is usually not more then 5-10% higher then our sims, and is only because we where clearly setup for burst, and don't even do burst well to be quite honest.

MM feels like a failed Experiment. we need fixing, in more ways then one.
The 8.1 PTR forums have yet to come up but when they do we must make our voices and our stances Heard.

We aren't asking for a buff, we aren't asking for tweaks to azerite traits, we want real change to the MM spec so thats it recommended playstyle isn't some immobile turret who's only way of doing competitive dps revolves around a single azerite trait (double to triple stacked) and plethora of rng talents that makes for one the most uninteresting and least flexible playstyles in the game. Aoe could use some work too.
To all who say MM is fine, I'd wager you run nothing above normal content. Now keep in mind, I don't mean that as a dig on you. There's nothing wrong with that! However, as soon as you begin ramping up the difficulty you begin to add more mechanics. That's where MM falls utterly flat.

While their damage might be ok at best (which is still significantly under BM), it's the toolkit BM offers that's just too good to pass up. Two big defensives, three self-heals if we include a lock rock, and while it's certainly not the king of anything in particular, it's still a worthwhile spec to bring. Not only that, but as I mentioned before, as the difficulty increases, so do the movement requirements. This is absolutely punishing on MM.

Trust me, I was stuck playing BM all last tier of Legion and was SO excited to finally return to MM, only for it to be horrible, not only with what it can do in raids, but the fact that it's been reduced to a two-button rotation.

MM doesn't need a buff, it needs a complete overhaul. Whomever's job it was to work on MM hunters over there really dropped the ball.
Have you seen the DPS sims for MM Hunters?

We're fine.

Gameplay First is the Blizzard way. Step aside.