Lava Shock to be nerfed.

Shaman
Elemental
Lava Shock (Azerite Trait) effectiveness reduced by 35% when engaged in combat with enemy players.

Along with some resto nerfs

Restoration
Surging Tide (Azerite Trait) effectiveness reduced by 25% when engaged in combat with enemy players.
Spirit Link (PvP Talent) mana cost increased by 50%.
Spirit Link (PvP Talent) now has a 1.5 second cast time.
Spirit Link (PvP Talent) redistributes 25% damage, down from 35%.
Rippling Waters (PvP Talent) healing reduced by 33%.
Riptide healing reduced by 15% when engaged in combat with enemy players.

Reducing earth shock by ~5.25k damage on non crits and 9k on crits.
The nerf to earth shock and buff to lightning bolt come out to be basically dps neutral in a single target pve encounter. I would guess that they weren't looking at anything else when making those changes.
I feel like this makes it even harder without any compensation for those of us wanting to push rating. I agree it needed to be nerfed but considering it is the crux of our performance its essentially an overall nerf with no way to circumvent the problem.
hoping for a lava burst buff atleast
is it normal that i have been trained to read the title as "lava shock needs to be nerfed"
So now that they're nerfing the crap out of resto in PVP (which was Ion's stated concern with buffing resto in PVE), can we please be brought up to snuff in PVE content?

Also, w/re the spirit link change, I was just thinking that shaman needed more cast times added to their healing toolkit. /s
09/21/2018 05:41 PMPosted by Hexecution
So now that they're nerfing the crap out of resto in PVP (which was Ion's stated concern with buffing resto in PVE), can we please be brought up to snuff in PVE content?

Also, w/re the spirit link change, I was just thinking that shaman needed more cast times added to their healing toolkit. /s

Well shaman is a class that is meant to be hard casting problem for elemental and resto is that hard casting is not worth it. Your casted heals do !@#$ and casted damage do %^-*. The reason Resto was broken is because it never ever casted yet kept people alive with no problem at all.