Vol'jin and the Mysterious Entity

Story Forum
1 2 3 6 Next
So SPOILERS! Don't read past this if you are avoiding PTR spoilers.

Anyway! We found out in broadcast text that Vol'jin was not told by the Loa to make Sylvanas Warchief. Bwonsamdi says he didn't do it, the Lich King claims to be innocent, and Eyir knows nothing...... We also know there is a mysterious entity that was trying to trap Vol'jins spirit to stop him from revealing the fact he was lied to and keeping him from Bwonsamdi. What entity do you think this is? Is it N'zoth? A new death entity?

Also worth mentioning: Another secret entity brought Vol'jin back, which is how his spirit is back and talking with us. Eyir claims this is a different entity than the one who trapped him in the first place, so we can discuss the identity of that being as well.
probably going to be N’zoth who decieved him. I’m hoping there is some overarching death entity on Azeroth who brought him back
09/22/2018 11:01 PMPosted by Sigmar
probably going to be N’zoth who decieved him. I’m hoping there is some overarching death entity on Azeroth who brought him back

Could be N'zoth... But the void whispers to Alleria seemed to be awfully anti-Sylvanas, so not sure it would actually be him.
09/22/2018 10:59 PMPosted by Baljin

Anyway! We found out in broadcast text that Vol'jin was not told by the Loa to make Sylvanas Warchief. Bwonsamdi says he didn't do it, the Lich King claims to be innocent, and Eyir knows nothing......

Nope, you read it wrong. Eyir does know something, she just has no interest in sharing more of it with Vol'jin et al.
Fel has a history making other races lose their connections with the Light (Draenei turned Broken) and the Elements (Mag'har turning to green to red skin).

The same case could be the same with Vol'jin as he lost his connection with Loa when he gained a Fel infused wound that connection him to the Fel which in turn confused him that they were a Loa or Spirits, which showed him vision that convince him to make Sylvanas Warchief.

My guess it is an Entity with connection with the Fel, possibly Argus or an Unknown being of the the cosmic force of Chaos.
09/23/2018 01:15 AMPosted by Lkilled
Fel has a history making other races lose their connections with the Light (Draenei turned Broken)

If it was just fel that turned Draenei into Broken, then they wouldn't have, and instead turned to Eredar.
It wasn't the fel, though it may had it's part, it's mostly the Curse of Sethe.

Though, this is a nitpick. Your overall point is correct, that Fel can sometimes "detach" someone connection to a magic.
09/23/2018 12:51 AMPosted by Ronstin

Anyway! We found out in broadcast text that Vol'jin was not told by the Loa to make Sylvanas Warchief. Bwonsamdi says he didn't do it, the Lich King claims to be innocent, and Eyir knows nothing......

Nope, you read it wrong. Eyir does know something, she just has no interest in sharing more of it with Vol'jin et al.

Oh? Interesting, wonder why she's hiding that?
09/23/2018 09:05 AMPosted by Baljin
09/23/2018 12:51 AMPosted by Ronstin

Oh? Interesting, wonder why she's hiding that?

SHe probably learned who made sylvanas warchief and does not appreciate what sylvanas did.
It's entirely possible, even likely, that it's a new character.
09/22/2018 11:01 PMPosted by Sigmar

There is almost certainly an overarching death entity. It's also very likely we've never seen it read about it or even heard its name. But if we have I think it's Mueh'zala, and that the trolls only worshipped a tiny fragment of what it truly was. That they called it a Loa because they didn't make any distinction between nature entities and Cosmic beings.
09/23/2018 09:11 AMPosted by Arlifrex
It's entirely possible, even likely, that it's a new character.

Yeah that's what I'm betting on too.

What I don't think is that it's Mueh'zala. He very clearly said he's going to have a final climactic showdown with Aram, so I don't see him ever appearing outside Traveler. He's going to die in the final Traveler book.
Besides, it'd be really weird for Blizz to introduce a new cosmic villain in a young adult novel they barely advertise.
Also worth mentioning: Another secret entity brought Vol'jin back, which is how his spirit is back and talking with us. Eyir claims this is a different entity than the one who trapped him in the first place, so we can discuss the identity of that being as well.
Tyr.
09/23/2018 09:27 AMPosted by Treng
Tyr.

Oh, I like that answer a lot. That is a ridiculously good answer!

The Hand of Valor as Tyr plays on his role as the origin of the Silver Hand, potentially connecting Vol'jin to the Light, while also potentially giving us a Titan Keeper of Death!

Yes, that is some high-quality speculation!
09/23/2018 09:27 AMPosted by Treng
Tyr.

I'm placing my bets on Azeroth herself having brought Vol'jin back, to be honest. It'd be great for Horde Players to not have to rely on Magni for everything Azeroth related.
Eyir seems to know something.

Bolvar and Bwomsamdi basically say they didn't do it. Maybe they can be believed. But Eyir says something akin to:

"I didn't do it. Do I know who did? Yeah. I know. What about it? I dont think you DESERVE to know."

And she defends the action as "the hand of valor" while Bolvar and Bowmsamdi seem indifferent and puzzled.

If the "hand of valor" brought him back, and doesnt care about mortal kingdoms, why else bring him back?

She seems to say and know the most about it. And she is a mind slave of Odyn.

A dark presence was involved with Voljin's death and selection of an heir. It clouded his memory and thoughts before he was returned by "the hand of valor".

Almost reminds me of Gandalf the Grey coming back as Gandalf the White.
09/23/2018 10:36 AMPosted by Cursewords
If the "hand of valor" brought him back, and doesnt care about mortal kingdoms, why else bring him back?

The Hand of Valor AKA Elune which calls herself the Light is likely not the Light itself. Holy is called a shade of the Light with Naaru being the purest known shade of the Light despite having a Void form.

The Void Lords judging from their description doesn't match the description of the Void before it's clash between Light and Void as a force that once having consumed everything else would consume itself.

The Void Lords wish to conquer everything while Pure Void wishes to eradicate everything including itself... It would be funny if Elune was an omnicidal being of Pure Void while the Void Lords were mere shades of the Void fighting against the true Void.
I feel like Helya would make some sense. What if even though sylvanas thought she was having original thoughts with the valkir, she was actually being fed those thoughts by helya the entire time. What if helya WANTED sylvanas to think she was the one in control
Helya just isn't powerful or important enough to be the string-puller here.
Have to wonder if it's the true "Lord of Death" that is manipulating him.

I realized today that of the Warcraft Forces chart, Death is one of the only ones with no major known 'players', and no known true 'master':

Light: the Naaru, the 'Light God'
Disorder: the Legion, Sargeras
Life: the Loa, possibly Elune?
Order: the Titans, Aman'thul
Shadow: Void lords, the 'Void God'
Death: ???, ???

All the major 'death' lore characters we know of, only a few were naturally aligned with it at the beginning. Others, like Arthas, Sylvanas, Bolvar, Helya, were corrupted by or forced into it in some way.

Bwonsamdi is the only character we know of that is naturally affiliated with Death. I'm super curious if Mueh'zala will appear as another natural force of death, and if he is its true master.