Vol'jin and the Mysterious Entity

Story Forum
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
another thought, it seems that the Loa/Wild Gods are all under the "life" alignment, meaning Bwonsamdi would be under 'life' as well.

I have to wonder if Bwonsamdi really is a 'natural' force of Death, or if he was originally another kind of Loa that was conscripted/corrupted/whatever by Mueh'zala or whoever might be the true 'Lord of Death'
The True Master of death will be Maltheal. Diablo 3 Crossover incoming. The Legion Legendary System was foreshadowing.
09/23/2018 12:23 PMPosted by Alurna
The True Master of death will be Maltheal. Diablo 3 Crossover incoming. The Legion Legendary System was foreshadowing.

Speaking of Crossovers: Have any of you noticed that the Night Warrior Night Elves have the same black eyes Duran had when Kerrigan killed him in Heart of the Swarm? Night Warrior Night Elves are basically avatars of Elune and Elune is the creator of Xe'ra...

It would be funny if Duran was Elune and was pitting his own servants(Sylvanas and the Sentinels) against each other like he did in Wings of Liberty(he pitted Raynor against the Tal'darim). It would fit his MO.
So like, a lot of assuming is being done that just because Bwonsamdi has a boss, that all of our death people have to also answer to said boss.
09/23/2018 12:06 PMPosted by Byniri
another thought, it seems that the Loa/Wild Gods are all under the "life" alignment, meaning Bwonsamdi would be under 'life' as well.

I have to wonder if Bwonsamdi really is a 'natural' force of Death, or if he was originally another kind of Loa that was conscripted/corrupted/whatever by Mueh'zala or whoever might be the true 'Lord of Death'

Bwonsamdi is certainly not under the "life" alignment.

He isn't a Wild God.
09/23/2018 01:29 PMPosted by Baljin
09/23/2018 12:06 PMPosted by Byniri

He isn't a Wild God.

Aren't the Loa technically Wild Gods?
09/23/2018 01:52 PMPosted by Byniri
Some are. Loa isn't a fixed thing. It's a title Trolls give, not a race that something is.
09/23/2018 01:52 PMPosted by Byniri
09/23/2018 01:29 PMPosted by Baljin

He isn't a Wild God.

I would presume not.

There is a lot of overlap between Loa and Wild God, but they aren't all the same technically.

Trolls have a debate as to whether Elune is a true Loa. Yet they call Wisps and other minor "demigod" type things Loa. Maybe she is above "Loa" to them? Or maybe she is alien to Azeroth and thus, not herself a Loa/Wild God?

Also, Trolls can ascend to a Loa. It would appear either Bwonsamdi was a Troll that ascended to a Loa or takes a Troll form to be more relatable to his worshippers.

I do not know if any Night Elves or other mortal humanoids have ever ascended to Wild God status. Maybe Malfurion is on his way, but that is just a guess.
09/23/2018 11:46 AMPosted by Kiranor
Helya just isn't powerful or important enough to be the string-puller here.

I wonder if we've seen helyas full scope yet though. We do know she's been referenced in bfa a few times now.

Also she clearly is on the same tier as bwom and possibly the LK. Maybe the reason bwom doesn't know whats going on, but hasn't been punished for a blunder like this, is because the master just hasn't decided to bring him in on this part of the plan.

More then likely the big boss is going to be an old god though... Even though void and death really shouldnt intertwine like that..
09/23/2018 02:40 PMPosted by Gunthrax
More then likely the big boss is going to be an old god though... Even though void and death really shouldnt intertwine like that..

It intertwined like that with Yogg-Saron who uses Death Ray and other Death attacks despite being an Old God sent by the Void... It would not surprise me if Bwomsamdi's Boss is an Old God or(if Bwomsamdi is N'Zoth like his Voice and love of deals implies) a Void Lord.

Of course even if that is the case the Void Lords(who might be mere shades of the true Void considering they seek to conquer reality rather than consume it and themselves) fear the true enemy Sylvanas serves so that means either "the true enemy" is purer Void than the Void Lords, is a Fel Lord mentioned in the Black Tome found in Suramar or is of the Light.
09/23/2018 09:05 AMPosted by Baljin
09/23/2018 12:51 AMPosted by Ronstin

Nope, you read it wrong. Eyir does know something, she just has no interest in sharing more of it with Vol'jin et al.

Oh? Interesting, wonder why she's hiding that?

Because, like Odyn, she's a racist !@#$ and she's being asked by a troll spirit and a troll priestess of Bwonsamdi (she was outraged just a couple of lines earlier that the latter would dare enter her presence)
Also she clearly is on the same tier as bwom and possibly the LK.
Bwonsamdi isn't on the same tier as the Lich King.
09/23/2018 02:57 PMPosted by Dreadmoore

Why? Says who? Fan boys maybe. We know nothing about death hierarchy at the moment
If this is true and were dealing with Voljin was tricked, not sure how I feel about this since it doesn't really absolve anything that happened since, nor does it change Voljin still left her in charge, especially if he's not living back.

Helya would actually make sense.

With the Legion next door she knows Horde and Alliance will come to Stormheim in time, even ensures we come eventually by taking Illidan's soul, and has the same interest in Slyvanas the other Valkyr did seeing the similarities.

From the Lich King tricking the Vrkul into believing he was their death god instead of her she would have learned that it isn't that hard for them to impersonate each other and sees an opening to make Slyvanas' usefulness stronger as Voljin is dying and his Loa is a death one.

We then get to Slyvanas' deal with Heyla and its entirely possible part of it, or a new deal after the lantern got smashed, was like us and Bwonsamdi that she gets the souls Slyvnanas doesn't raise into undeath and/or maybe collects the souls of Forsaken to save them from the fate Slyvanas fears awaits all of them. This could then actually explain Teldrasil where Helya was demanding X amount of soul power and burning the tree was the only way to equal what Malfurion's soul would have been worth.
I think it's going to be a new character that we never heard of before.
Honestly, I think this plot element is the most interesting one in BfA atm.

Not only did an unknown "entity" apparently manufacture Vol'jin's death (his dialogue seems to indicate that there was something wrong with the battlefield on that day and he was made blind to the incoming death-blow), but it also tricked him into making Sylvanas warchief (which she admits in "Before the Storm" is something she NEVER wanted).

This means, Sylvie isn't working for/with this entity that put her in charge (but she is still serving its will, unbeknownst to her). She's not selling herself to some Void Lord, or Old God ... she's herself; just herself is a means to this being's intent. There also seems to be a second mysterious entity that freed Vol'jin's soul and empowered it in some way. It's actually pretty compelling.

I doubt its an Old God, or a Void Lord ... this screams as being something having to do with the Shadowlands. Helya or Mueh'zala are the top of my list of "known" beings that are likely involved in this, but who knows we might get something new. After all the Domain of Death (more than any other force) is one the one we interact with constantly, but know almost nothing about.

Why? We really have no clue how Bwonsamdi and Bolvar stack up.
09/23/2018 02:57 PMPosted by Ronstin
09/23/2018 09:05 AMPosted by Baljin
Oh? Interesting, wonder why she's hiding that?

Because, like Odyn, she's a racist !@#$ and she's being asked by a troll spirit and a troll priestess of Bwonsamdi (she was outraged just a couple of lines earlier that the latter would dare enter her presence)

Interesting, I hope Bwonsamdi gets developed as Talanji’s loa rather than get replaced.
09/23/2018 04:55 PMPosted by Gunthrax
...Bwonsamdi isn't on the same tier as the Lich King.

Why? Says who? Fan boys maybe. We know nothing about death hierarchy at the moment
We know Bwonsamdi can be killed and we know that the Lich King can't unless he's at his throne.

We know that the Lich King almost turned Azeroth into a Scourgeworld.

There is a very clear, defined difference in power between the two entities, and Bwonsamdi isn't even close.
The text from the quests mentioned that the being is something "far more powerful" than the loa. Assuming Bwonsamdi is roughly on the same level as other demigods like Helya or Mueh'zala, we're looking at something at least old god level in power.