Vol'jin and the Mysterious Entity

Story Forum
Prev 1 4 5 6
... do some people actually think we're gonna kill Bwonsamdi?

A) We won't.
B) We don't want to.
09/23/2018 06:51 PMPosted by Droité
Honestly, I think this plot element is the most interesting one in BfA atm.

Not only did an unknown "entity" apparently manufacture Vol'jin's death (his dialogue seems to indicate that there was something wrong with the battlefield on that day and he was made blind to the incoming death-blow), but it also tricked him into making Sylvanas warchief (which she admits in "Before the Storm" is something she NEVER wanted).

This means, Sylvie isn't working for/with this entity that put her in charge (but she is still serving its will, unbeknownst to her). She's not selling herself to some Void Lord, or Old God ... she's herself; just herself is a means to this being's intent. There also seems to be a second mysterious entity that freed Vol'jin's soul and empowered it in some way. It's actually pretty compelling.

I doubt its an Old God, or a Void Lord ... this screams as being something having to do with the Shadowlands. Helya or Mueh'zala are the top of my list of "known" beings that are likely involved in this, but who knows we might get something new. After all the Domain of Death (more than any other force) is one the one we interact with constantly, but know almost nothing about.

So... when is the Hazzikostas boss encounter going live?
09/28/2018 10:33 AMPosted by Grandblade

A) We won't.
B) We don't want to.

It has shaken my worldview and filled my heart to see that posted by a male human paladin.
09/28/2018 10:34 AMPosted by Kirango
09/28/2018 10:33 AMPosted by Grandblade

A) We won't.
B) We don't want to.

It has shaken my worldview and filled my heart to see that posted by a male human paladin.
I keep getting replies like this, am I just acting wildly out of class?
09/28/2018 11:45 AMPosted by Grandblade

Let's just say there's a bit of a meme involving human paladins in this forum.

Because there's often an archetype many choose to follow for one reason or another.
09/28/2018 11:51 AMPosted by Murphio
09/28/2018 11:45 AMPosted by Grandblade

Let's just say there's a bit of a meme involving human paladins in this forum.

Because there's often an archetype many choose to follow for one reason or another.
Does it involve purging?
Guys, it's Kel'thuzad.

Varimathras is aware of the plan.
Mal'ganis is unaccounted for post-Broken Shore.
Who benefits from an upset in the balance of life-and-death if the Lich King himself doesn't want it but not a hold-over from the previous LK's regime?

This also works with Tyr since both Tyr and KT have ties to Northrend and Lordaeron.

Plus, devising a plan that benefits them, overthrows the balance of life-and-death towards death, AND vilifies Sylvanas in the eyes of the international community is 100% something that KT and Mal'ganis would do. Remember, the big demons are likely carving out their own powerbases, so it stands to reason that Mal'ganis might go to KT to form a deal of sorts.
09/28/2018 12:12 PMPosted by Gorronor
Guys, it's Kel'thuzad.

Varimathras is aware of the plan.
Mal'ganis is unaccounted for post-Broken Shore.
Who benefits from an upset in the balance of life-and-death if the Lich King himself doesn't want it but not a hold-over from the previous LK's regime?

This also works with Tyr since both Tyr and KT have ties to Northrend and Lordaeron.

Plus, devising a plan that benefits them, overthrows the balance of life-and-death towards death, AND vilifies Sylvanas in the eyes of the international community is 100% something that KT and Mal'ganis would do. Remember, the big demons are likely carving out their own powerbases, so it stands to reason that Mal'ganis might go to KT to form a deal of sorts.
This has crossed my mind before, but I've never given it as much thought.