M+ and Azerite Gear

General Discussion
What are peoples opinions on the fact we cannot get azerite gear from end of dungeons M+ chest ?

Seems a bit stupid to me as a class that has all my BiS traits come from either WQ and Dungeons to have to wait it out each week and hope to RNGesus for the gear i need
My opinion is that they dropped the ball immensely. The balance between M+ and Mythic raiding was about where it should have been in legion (with the exception that only giving set pieces to raiders was an awful decision, one that was fixed by erasing set bonuses entirely). Raiding and Mythic + were both viable ways to gear up, and get endgame loot.

BFA was supposed to be similar, with the caveat that azerite pieces would only drop from the weekly chest, to prevent M+ spamming to get them. This came with the assurance that (and this is where things get murky, as far as what was said about M+) there would be a HEAVILY weighted chance for azerite pieces from the chest. Maybe even a guaranteed azerite piece (since they've taken the place of both legendary and artifact, and are meant to be mix and matched for different situations), with additional chances at bonus loot in the weekly chest.

They KNEW that was the expectation, it was even how the system worked in beta. Even as recently as the June Q&A, Ion made it sound like azerite piece gains in M+ would be generous.

Then today rolls around, and NO ONE got more than one piece. It's obviously not a big dataset, but most of the people in my guild didn't receive azerite pieces from their chest. So it's probably not even weighted, just a total RNGfest, one that you only get one shot at per week.

Don't raid? Tough !@#$, your only opportunity for azerite pieces is once per week. Raiders get multiple rolls for the gear, augmented by the ability to trade pieces between themselves, guaranteeing that they'll get gear FAR faster than M+ people.

TLDR: They took the worse part of the legendary system (RNG fest, where being unlucky meant being unviable), the worse part of the artifact system (AP grind). But cut out the best part of the legendary system (the fun of mix and matching varying pieces of gear to make meaningful impacts to how your class played), and the best part of artifacts (meaningful traits that felt REALLY good when you finished the grind, and unlocked them. Instead giving us boring passive stuff that has almost no impact on playstyle).

The only thing I can't decide, is whether it was sheet incompetence that brought us this dumpster fire, or if it was intentional. Some shallow effort to push up playtime by making the grind worse than it's ever been.
I couldn't agree more with this

09/11/2018 05:17 PMPosted by Kyran
My opinion is that they dropped the ball immensely. The balance between M+ and Mythic raiding was about where it should have been in legion (with the exception that only giving set pieces to raiders was an awful decision, one that was fixed by erasing set bonuses entirely). Raiding and Mythic + were both viable ways to gear up, and get endgame loot.

BFA was supposed to be similar, with the caveat that azerite pieces would only drop from the weekly chest, to prevent M+ spamming to get them. This came with the assurance that (and this is where things get murky, as far as what was said about M+) there would be a HEAVILY weighted chance for azerite pieces from the chest. Maybe even a guaranteed azerite piece (since they've taken the place of both legendary and artifact, and are meant to be mix and matched for different situations), with additional chances at bonus loot in the weekly chest.

They KNEW that was the expectation, it was even how the system worked in beta. Even as recently as the June Q&A, Ion made it sound like azerite piece gains in M+ would be generous.

Then today rolls around, and NO ONE got more than one piece. It's obviously not a big dataset, but most of the people in my guild didn't receive azerite pieces from their chest. So it's probably not even weighted, just a total RNGfest, one that you only get one shot at per week.

Don't raid? Tough !@#$, your only opportunity for azerite pieces is once per week. Raiders get multiple rolls for the gear, augmented by the ability to trade pieces between themselves, guaranteeing that they'll get gear FAR faster than M+ people.

TLDR: They took the worse part of the legendary system (RNG fest, where being unlucky meant being unviable), the worse part of the artifact system (AP grind). But cut out the best part of the legendary system (the fun of mix and matching varying pieces of gear to make meaningful impacts to how your class played), and the best part of artifacts (meaningful traits that felt REALLY good when you finished the grind, and unlocked them. Instead giving us boring passive stuff that has almost no impact on playstyle).

The only thing I can't decide, is whether it was sheet incompetence that brought us this dumpster fire, or if it was intentional. Some shallow effort to push up playtime by making the grind worse than it's ever been.
everything you said sums up how i feel, it seems completely stupid that each week i have ONE chance to upgrade azerite pieces from a cache that pools over 100 pieces of loot and hope that the gods are looking over me to give me the piece i need.

It really is a simple fix of letting azerite pieces drop fro mend of dungeon cache. not really a game breaker at all and it will allow M+ to be more fun for me at least cause then the reward at the end of bashing my head against a 10 would be worth it
09/11/2018 05:17 PMPosted by Kyran

I think you just read my mind. :o