@Shadow priest players

Arenas
Are you having fun? I wanna play shadow because I love the way it does damage and I lose all the control support and utility it has but I hate that it has no mobility and dies easily and relies on teammates a lot to stay alive.

Was wondering if this spec is worth playing or not
Ya it's worth playing, but only if you know a good dps willing to play with you.

I've been having a ton of success with God Comp, but it's not something I feel like you can pug easily.

Haven't played since the dot damage buffs, but what I gathered before is that the spec could be in a much better spot, but it isn't entirely useless.
09/11/2018 09:49 PMPosted by Bubblebuddyx
I love the way it does damage

Not at all? :^)
Wait till 8.1 for answers. Shadow design atm = /wrists
Spriest still feels like da poop.
Shadow is far from fun right now
09/11/2018 09:58 PMPosted by Tyranova
09/11/2018 09:49 PMPosted by Bubblebuddyx
I love the way it does damage

Not at all? :^)

he means he loves the way it does damage to your brain everytime you try to get a cast off
Have you ever had a big project/assignment that you have like weeks to do in advance but you forget to do it so you just throw !@#$ together literally 30mins before you have to present it.

That's how an spriest plays atm
Im actually having fun doing yolo 2s. But of course, the most fun I've had, was when I was playing with a mage.

And not getting trained.

Because mages are bigger threats than Shadow priest.

But Im having fun. Somewhat ok dmg if given the chance. Still get crapped on by melee..Compared to my warlock, I have so much more tools to really kite and kind of take care of myself.

However, my priest is ilvl 348, my warlock is 321. And it feels like my lock's damage is so much better than my priest. Im falling in love with rotting things away and literally watching people die. (Albeit Im doing Lock/Healer 2s vs double dps )

Should you play Shadow? Meh. Why do I play Shadow? Because I like dotting classes. And I refuse to play a mage or druid or any melee. So Im stuck with Locks and Priest.
Seems like now more than Legion you need to be in voice to coordinate defensives and even your burst, whatever that is. If you overlap at all, you're toast. The utility is great though, Silence, Horror, Fearing. Be better if fear was back to 30 seconds though.

Can't even really pug God Comp without voice because you both have to be bursting at the same time to land kills because staggered, your damage isn't enough to do anything. Without voice, even at 1600, my games are really long because I can't bring enough damage to the table to help finish games.

tldr: it's fun with utility and control, but the damage isn't the greatest. Still needs some more buffs to be more enjoyable. I'm also leveling my Alliance priest now so it's not that bad I guess.
if you like putting yourself through unnecessary stress and pain, play shadow.
wtf why am i the only one having a good time with shadow

edit:
ps buff shadow, i'm having fun, but it's weak fun.
Feels like a lot of effort for little return when warriors can slam their face into their keyboard and end up gladiator *coughAsmongoldcough*
I actually got dumpster by this spriest/mage/shaman team today 3 times. Spriest are actually ridiculously strong if played right.

Inb4, “but they ain’t strong idiot!”. It’s just my opinion on them.
09/12/2018 12:15 AMPosted by Twurt
I actually got dumpster by this spriest/mage/shaman team today 3 times. Spriest are actually ridiculously strong if played right.

Inb4, “but they ain’t strong idiot!”. It’s just my opinion on them.
That's more of the Mage and the SPriest was just existing.
https://imgur.com/a/VPakq0g

Me and my warrior just sat on that shadow all day. Couldn't even force him to disperse once I think? Granted that he was an extremely good player and i'm just a mongoloid player. I had too often pulled out becuz I was getting dumpster by that spriest while that shaman is standing max range away from us getting freeheals.

Edit: Yeah he is a good player.
https://imgur.com/a/BzQq06O
09/12/2018 12:26 AMPosted by Twurt

Me and my warrior just sat on that shadow all day. Couldn't even force him to disperse once I think? Granted that he was an extremely good player and i'm just a mongoloid player. I had too often pulled out becuz I was getting dumpster by that spriest while that shaman is standing max range away from us getting freeheals.

God Comp can do that, hell, I did it but that was at 1600s last night lol. Not at least forcing Dispersion though does sound odd.
09/12/2018 12:39 AMPosted by Efx
09/12/2018 12:26 AMPosted by Twurt

God Comp can do that, hell, I did it but that was at 1600s last night lol. Not at least forcing Dispersion though does sound odd.

Yeah xd, every time we did our “go” the spriest will start kiting but keeping dots up. Mage will constantly put us in some form of root and spam poly. While the shaman constantly put down their slow totem. I couldn’t connect to anything. That’s the first time I actually felt like I couldn’t do anything against a spriest team.

Though I am running War/ret/hpally which isn’t really a good comp in my opinion but good enough for ez ratings. If you’re wondering... I ran this comp cause that’s the only teammate I can get. Xd

All the hunter wanted to play with a warrior or feral.

That being said... I just think spriest are good in the hand of the right players and that I’m just bad xd
09/12/2018 12:49 AMPosted by Twurt
09/12/2018 12:39 AMPosted by Efx
...God Comp can do that, hell, I did it but that was at 1600s last night lol. Not at least forcing Dispersion though does sound odd.

Yeah xd, every time we did our “go” the spriest will start kiting but keeping dots up. Mage will constantly put us in some form of root and spam poly. While the shaman constantly put down their slow totem. I couldn’t connect to anything. That’s the first time I actually felt like I couldn’t do anything against a spriest team.

Though I am running War/ret/hpally which isn’t really a good comp in my opinion but good enough for ez ratings. If you’re wondering... I ran this comp cause that’s the only teammate I can get. Xd

All the hunter wanted to play with a warrior or feral.

That being said... I just think spriest are good in the hand of the right players and that I’m just bad xd
I play the same comp as the priest and I'm not nearly as good but I think I'm a harder kill target than my mage. I just sit at max insanity for a free defensive stance. Body and soul with mage slows/roots can let you kite melee pretty efficiently as well. It's surprising you didn't force a dispersion though. Not to be rude but that sounds like your fault rather than the spriest being tanky.
20% buff to VT & SWP isn't even noticeable if you want to compare it to the dps of all the other classes that are currently plaguing the ladder from being overtuned since the beginning of the expansion. The damage even with the buffs is still better than last week but still lacks severely to even be considered threatening.

Is Shadow fun? No. Why? Because the playstyle is very boring. We have a lot of utility and that's it. We're forced to play with Edge of Insanity because the moment you enter voidform, you WILL die immediately. There is absolutely no reason to have it on your bars in a 3s setting. Is Shadow good? Kind of but not really.

Most of the pve talents aren't viable because their strengths revolved around high void form stacks with the artifact weapon, which we no longer have. Utility is the only nice thing about playing this spec. Mass Dispel, offensive purges, Mind Control, Psychic Horror stun, Silence, Psychic Scream, and Void Shift.

Having to mindbender first global just to get to Edge range, just so you don't die within the first 20 seconds, is absolutely stupid, and it's a terrible playstyle to encourage. But that's all we have to even be considered "competitive".

You have players like Wizk at the top 5 on the ladder because he's playing with 3 of the best players in the NA region, that are absolute gods at their class. Spriest carries more of a tanky, heavy support role now, rather than a spread pressure rot-bot with a lot of damage like Legion.

There aren't that many good comps for Spriest anyway. God Comp, Scatterplay, RPS are their only Tier 1s. Issue is that all the classes that Spriest play with can have a much easier time playing with classes that do consistent offensive pressure. Sure, you can play spriest with a melee dps like a warrior or a ret paladin, or playing with other casters like Moonkin, but they aren't that strong anymore.

That's Spriest.