Personal Loot

General Discussion
1 2 3 13 Next
Raid personal loot, How's it going so far?
Downed 3 bosses on normal last week, didn't get anything.
Got 2 items from LFR this week, haven't done normal again yet.

Overall since 120, I have been quite fortunate on loot.
it isn't.
I hate it as someone who got Azerite pieces I don't even want.
It's not THAT bad.....
Fine. Last week I gave away a few things that were not upgrades, we rolled it out and I traded it to the highest roller. Some people passed on their high roll to give others a huge upgrade. Guilds that are in the mindset of helping each other will do just fine with personal loot.
For specs that require a lot of a secondary stat the loot system is bad imo, cannot trade the item because its 5 ilvl higher than you have but cannot use it either because of the wrong secondary stats.
09/13/2018 06:07 AMPosted by Wickedsfoe

6/8 down last week (yeah I know not much but mine is a weekend-only guild and we all ran the Warfront as well on Sunday to get that 370) and I got 2 drops, one was a boot I gave to our monk healer, the other (can't even remember what it was actually) I kept.

Not really bad so far, but then we were already using PL back in Legion.
I think a lot of people who hate it, hate it because they can't ninja loot anymore.
I honestly hate seeing/getting sanguicell when I have 0 use for them.

Purple! Oh wait. Nvm. Ugh.
Feels absolutely terrible to have to shard things because I can't give it to a guildie. Wow thanks for the warforge proc on something that is now my highest item level for that slot but garbage stats for me. Oh you wanted this dear guildie and it is bis for you? Sorry <ding> it's a shard because I can't give it to you :(
I mind my own business when loot drops. Guildies link their wins. I get happy for them because I know next time I might get a chance at the items. I can wait until then. Having a great time with personal loot and the raiding with loot drama taken down a notch.
Got 3 pieces of 355 haste gear, couldn't trade to our main tank cuz upgrades
09/13/2018 06:07 AMPosted by Wickedsfoe

Worked great so far. Got 2 pieces, would have received nothing (not one of the guild favorites).

Working as intended.
09/13/2018 06:26 AMPosted by Starbreeze
I think a lot of people who hate it, hate it because they can't ninja loot anymore.
This is such a stupid thing to say and it’s beyond obvious that you don’t actually raid.

We have people in our raid who are getting 355 weapon drops one night then 370s ones the next who can’t trade them ... meanwhile we have a ret paladin in our raid stuck with a 310 crafted because no weapons have dropped or can be traded for them.

We have one other leather user on our raid who is still around 333 even after 5 raid nights because *I* keep getting drops I can’t share. I’m geared to the teeth and this guy has nothing?!? How is this fair or beneficial for guilds?

This is easily the stupidest and most poorly thought out idea in an expansion that seems like it was a competition for stupid ideas.
09/13/2018 06:19 AMPosted by Sarwen
Fine. Last week I gave away a few things that were not upgrades, we rolled it out and I traded it to the highest roller. Some people passed on their high roll to give others a huge upgrade. Guilds that are in the mindset of helping each other will do just fine with personal loot.
Agreed, but with a big HOWEVER: I got a warforged 375 ring with crit and haste and avoidance. It was garbage for me, and I would have loved to trade it to someone else in the raid group as I'm sure there are many classes that drool over those stats. But I couldn't. Because it was technically an upgrade for me.
09/13/2018 06:35 AMPosted by Carbolic
Got 2 pieces, would have received nothing (not one of the guild favorites).
Why are you even in that guild? And that's a serious question.
Watched a guy get a 355 weapon from Taloc, then a 360 WF from mythrax then in the SAME NIGHT 370 heroic Taloc weapon. Granted I have the 355, but holy hell our arms warrior has the worst RNG ever with his 310 crafted mace still.
09/13/2018 06:45 AMPosted by Sargaxiist
Watched a guy get a 355 weapon from Taloc, then a 360 WF from mythrax then in the SAME NIGHT 370 heroic Taloc weapon. Granted I have the 355, but holy hell our arms warrior has the worst RNG ever with his 310 crafted mace still.
Exactly! We have this same situation in our raid across a few players.

Some have RNG on their side and some don’t and the don’ts are really starting to show up performance wise on the meters.

A melee dps, no matter how well played, can’t compete with an equally geared melee dps who has a weapon that’s 30-40 ilevels higher.

It’s making dps check bosses harder than they should be and it’s stunting our progression.

Blizz should at least remove the ilevel trade restrictions for full guild groups. They can say whatever dumb stuff they want about social pressure to trade but as we JUST SAW with Azerite Armor trading, they can/will reverse trade restrictions and don’t think social pressure is enough of a reason NOT to ... so what’s different in this case for full guild groups with a progression focus?
6 bosses on normal thus far this week. 3 drops, all upgrades.
Feels bad 7/8 heroic and more than a few drops pretty much got vendored because they weren't upgrades and couldn't be traded. That's going into the raid too, couldn't trade mythic dungeon drops or warforges to people for a while. Overall i feel as if this change just gives incentives to those in pugs or casual guilds to just horde all their personal loot drops because its theirs while organized raid teams are groaning as they disenchant or vendor 370 or higher loot.