Personal Loot

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 13 Next
Actually, it's going quite well.

1) No pressure / demands to trade gear that I won
2) I don't feel so far behind other tanks since they haven't been fed all their BiS
3) The game feels challenging rather than a "is it my turn" loot buffet
4) The game hasn't "been cleared" yet in mythic and actually has more than 1-2 fighting for world first
5) I get to see all the control freaks on the forums whining about "gear is wasted" and "we can't trade to our core" and "the loot system is holding us back". The loot system is fair for everyone involved.
09/13/2018 07:42 AMPosted by Melonbug
5) I get to see all the control freaks on the forums whining about "gear is wasted" and "we can't trade to our core" and "the loot system is holding us back". The loot system is fair for everyone involved.

Its only fair for people that don't understand how gear or groups work. PL in its current form is good for solo and/or selfish players, but from many examples in this thread alone there is a serious issue with the ilvl restriction.
09/13/2018 07:24 AMPosted by Inter
Personal loot is absolutely amazing. First week in normal raid I looted a lower ilvl mh than my staff, because my best mh was lower I could not trade it. Then I bonus rolled and got the same mh from the bonus roll, also untradable because bonus roll. The other day I got a 370 off hand from my four mythic quest reward and then later that night looted the exact same 370 from the first heroic boss. I was lucky enough to disconnect just before the boss was killed and was bugged somehow and was unable to log back in until I was kicked from raid. Because I was unable to loot the boss, the loot went to my mailbox making it also untradable.

All in all I’d say it’s going exactly how blizz intended.

I get the joke but sarcastic trash like this doesn’t help.

Instead you should complain about how confusing and tedious the loot distribution has likely become for your group after every boss.

In the OLD system:

Boss dies, loot window pops, people mark the stuff the want, ONE PERSON stands back and takes care of it while the rest cleared the trash. People get their loot, everybody is happy.

In the NEW system:

Boss dies.

Ok who has something to trade?

Wait are you trading that or just showing off what you got? Please don’t link items in chat unless it’s for trade.

Ok who wants this ring. <10 people flood chat at once and have to be inspected> Ok ring goes to player 1.

What? Player 1 thought they were rolling for the item the other guy was showing off? No this is for the RING.

Player 1 doesn’t want the ring so who was next?

<Player 2 links gloves in chat>

No! stop linking things in chat until we get the ring handed out.

Who wants this ring? Ok player 3 wins. What? No? This is for the RING ... we’ll roll on the gloves next.

Yes I know they’re an upgrade for you but we still haven’t handed out this ring!

Ok player 4 you win the ring? I don’t even know anymore.

Ok now who wants the gloves ....

Meanwhile ... 5 people are trying to kill trash alone and running up repair bills while everyone else is doing loot swap.

This sort of disorganized nonsense might fly in pug raids but it’s unacceptable in a guild raid.
09/13/2018 07:50 AMPosted by Damordn
Personal loot is absolutely amazing. First week in normal raid I looted a lower ilvl mh than my staff, because my best mh was lower I could not trade it. Then I bonus rolled and got the same mh from the bonus roll, also untradable because bonus roll. The other day I got a 370 off hand from my four mythic quest reward and then later that night looted the exact same 370 from the first heroic boss. I was lucky enough to disconnect just before the boss was killed and was bugged somehow and was unable to log back in until I was kicked from raid. Because I was unable to loot the boss, the loot went to my mailbox making it also untradable.

Instead you should complain about how confusing and tedious the loot distribution has likely become for your group after every boss.

In the OLD system:

Boss dies, loot window pops, people mark the stuff the want, ONE PERSON stands back and takes care of it while the rest cleared the trash. People get their loot, everybody is happy.

In the NEW system:

Boss dies.

Wait are you trading that or just showing off what you got? Please don’t link items in chat unless it’s for trade.

Ok who wants this ring. <10 people flood chat at once and have to be inspected> Ok ring goes to player 1.

What? Player 1 thought they were rolling for the item the other guy was showing off? No this is for the RING.

Who wants this ring? Ok player 3 wins. What? No? This is for the RING ... we’ll roll on the gloves next.

Yes I know they’re an upgrade for you but we still haven’t handed out this ring!

Meanwhile ... 5 people are trying to kill trash alone and running up repair bills while everyone else is doing loot swap.

This sort of disorganized nonsense might fly in pug raids but it’s unacceptable in a guild raid.

Simple solution - remove trading for all BoP items.

Kill boss, whoever won loot gets to keep it. Move to the next boss.
09/13/2018 06:26 AMPosted by Starbreeze
I think a lot of people who hate it, hate it because they can't ninja loot anymore.

Ftr people hate it because guilds would prioritize their tanks/healers/top dps to get them as strong as possible for progression purposes; then worry about everyone else.

2) I don't feel so far behind other tanks since they haven't been fed all their BiS
4) The game hasn't "been cleared" yet in mythic and actually has more than 1-2 fighting for world first

If you're in a progression guild, you shouldn't be selfish. All 1) shows is how self centered you are.

And yeah, great that the 56 year old keyboard turning arms pulling 3k dps while standing in everything gets the main tank's bis.

And again 2) is you also being selfish. They're being given their BiS so they take/do more dmg and everyone else can worry about everything else because they know a gust of wind won't drop their tank.

But I'm guessing you'd never done any hardcore progression anyways.
We've had people passing gear they don't need and can trade to others a little bit.
It's rougher at the start until the amount of gear that is trade able increases since everyone isn't as geared yet.

It should get better when we can more freely pass gear to people that need it.
Horrible, we have already reached a point where its statistically better to have master loot, case and point. someone with a 350 weapon got a 355 waepon, and we had people still using heroic weapons. back in the day, that would have gone right to the people with 325 items, but the guy with the 350 was forced to keep it.

The only reason master loot was removed, was because by removing it, it slows down progression, which means blizzard can get more bang for their buck with less content. They cited a half hearted reason of "Well we wanted to stop ninja looters" As if that was now a problem and no one did it since 2006
Going pretty well actually. PL luck can suck some weeks but it's better than ML ever was.
09/13/2018 06:45 AMPosted by Sargaxiist
Watched a guy get a 355 weapon from Taloc, then a 360 WF from mythrax then in the SAME NIGHT 370 heroic Taloc weapon. Granted I have the 355, but holy hell our arms warrior has the worst RNG ever with his 310 crafted mace still.

First, I saw something similar with loot last night. I traded our DK a piece of loot (it was an upgrade for him in ilvl / stats but only a minor stat upgrade for me). Then a few fights later he gets one that's worse stats but better ilvl for him and can't trade it to me - where it would be an actual upgrade in ilvl and stats.

For the life of me I can't get a two hander for my offspec - other than the staff I just got from my emissary.

I'm one of my guilds 3 MT (we rotate and its also so that if we need a night off due to RL we don't mess up progression) and officers. We expect that everyone knows and is competent in their off specs.

Being competent with, until last night, only a 320 2 hander (and only 1 of them) is pretty hard when my tanking ilvl is 357 or so. God forbid there is loot on a boss I could use for both specs and wouldn't care which piece I received. But alas, I can only set one loot specialization and have to try for 1 of the items instead of both. IE I have a 355 1 hander but the one off Mythrax / Ghuun (can't remember which one) is better itemized / could warforge and be even better. However they also have a two hander I really need. Which do you go for. I spend 2/3rds of my time tanking in raid and 1/3rd dpsing roughly.

Personal loot is cancer for guilds trying to optimize the gear for raid progression. Why should we be punished for the actions of a few other guilds and their inability to fairly spread loot around?

If you want us to be forced into Personal loot - Fine just remove the restriction that you decide whats an upgrade / not an upgrade for my character. Often times things that aren't an upgrade are untradeable because its an ilvl upgrade.

Lastly, personal loot only further encourages stacking armor types in raids. With our 32 man raid team where we will pull our 20 man mythic team from and to ensure we have plenty of people - Bring the Player not the class right? - we have 7 plate, 4 mail, 13 leather, 8 cloth.

Guess who are going to be able to swap the most of amount of gear around and get their ideal pieces the fastest (most likely) Leather.

Consider that we have 3 people who use shields. 2 Paladins and myself. A lot harder for us to get shields or even yet ones that we want (since we have different priorities) and be able to trade them. Or if we get really lucky and see a spurt of them they will be wasted.

Sure there are a lot of people who could use shields - but they don't unless maybe they do a 5 man on their time on an off spec.
Umm sad from day one 12 normal d and 2 items.
7 heroics 1 item and 1 epic axe 355.
Like 20 pvp wons 2 same trinkes 325 and a bunch of tokens.
10 arena wons 1 item 9 cratres full of tokens
I’ve gotten no drop or badly itemized drops. One was an upgrade because of ilvl difference but stats were trash.

In the OLD system:

In the NEW system:

Boss dies.

Epic. Sounds just like my last Fri/Sat raid night.
I dont like it. It is making it hard to pass gear to people who want or need it. For people saying it just bad for ninja looters you obviously havent been in a healthy guild before where everyone is working together for a single goall.
Trading loot isnt a bad thing when everyone is willing and it helps out your friends, guildys, and sense of community.
Seems ok
I did pretty decent, got 2 pieces from heroic uldir, and a sword on normal, I also got a 355 dupe of a 370 I had and traded it to my guild mate, I usually have !@#$ luck but it definitely was a good week.
Got some gear I would have traded to a guild member but couldn't due to ilev. Had to shard it instead. =/
Strong pass on personal loot. It's even screwing me over on my transmog runs.
It helps casuals in poorly led guilds, that's literally it.
09/13/2018 06:07 AMPosted by Wickedsfoe
Raid personal loot, How's it going so far?

No Taloc weapon or Vectis trinket for me yet :(
09/13/2018 09:01 AMPosted by Såtyr
09/13/2018 06:26 AMPosted by Starbreeze
I think a lot of people who hate it, hate it because they can't ninja loot anymore.

Ftr people hate it because guilds would prioritize their tanks/healers/top dps to get them as strong as possible for progression purposes; then worry about everyone else.

If you're in a progression guild, you shouldn't be selfish. All 1) shows is how self centered you are.

And yeah, great that the 56 year old keyboard turning arms pulling 3k dps while standing in everything gets the main tank's bis.

And again 2) is you also being selfish. They're being given their BiS so they take/do more dmg and everyone else can worry about everything else because they know a gust of wind won't drop their tank.

But I'm guessing you'd never done any hardcore progression anyways.

So, I should have to pass all my loot to the "core" to "not be selfish". In other words, gear up the core and be replaced because my DPS is too low (due to lack of gear) with someone who has been getting fed gear / came over already geared.

Even if loot is distributed fairly in a guild, all that does it lets you "progress" through content by overgearing it. Mechanics are there to be followed - if you screw up, there should be consequences other than "Hey, this guy just took a big hit because he stood in bad.. now I have to heal him".

As for never doing any hardcore progression... I've probably done a lot more than you. I just quit hardcore raiding a few expansions ago because of stupid things like loot drama.