Raiding is irrelevant now for gearing.

General Discussion
I haven't bothered to raid so far this expansion due to M+, it's kinda liberating not having to worry about being tied down to a raid schedule. This game isn't as focused on raiding as it once was and that is probably a good thing.
Remember. Currently there is only one raid out right now. The first raid at the beginning of the expac is expected to drop low quality stuff.
In this expansion, I am pretty sure that GEARING is now irrelevant for gearing...

Since the new gear you get will have random traits on it, you might not have the levels you need on your necklace to unlock them. Not to mention, getting a higher level piece of gear that has crap traits on it due to the RNG.

So, pretty sure that gear is now irrelevant in the game for gearing. It is now all down to the Goddess of Random Chance. Make your offerings appropriately to her and she may smile on you! :)

Thanks.
certainly no point in raiding anymore. no more set bonuses, no more class themed set appearances and personal loot killed any incentive for me to put forth the effort into it. its extremely disappointing.
I mean, gear is a means to an end. Kill scarier bosses, do higher keys, smack people slightly harder in the PvP.

You have the best gear. Great.

Now what? Do your daily emissary routine slightly quicker?
Aren't you a bit late to the party?

Mythic + has been a raid alternative since legion.
Eh, M+ merely complements raiding IMO.
09/15/2018 07:08 PMPosted by Taironn
Mythic+ has made raids almost entirely irrelevant because of the gear it drops. In week 1 I was 350 and killed 4 heroic bosses pugging. One week later at 352 (because i havent been farming + all day everyday) I cant even get into a group.

What is the point of raiding if I become irrelevant this quick while raiding consistently?

How many bosses I kill seems to have very little affect on whether or not I will be invited back to kill bosses. Only mountains of Mythic+ gear will.

As someone who only plays this game to raid I am greatly perturbed by this.

Its an option. If you want to raid then raid if you don't then there is other gear options. Im happy about this choice. This game doesn't just cater to the elitist now.
Mythic+ has made raids almost entirely irrelevant because of the gear it drops. In week 1 I was 350 and killed 4 heroic bosses pugging. One week later at 352 (because i havent been farming + all day everyday) I cant even get into a group.

What is the point of raiding if I become irrelevant this quick while raiding consistently?

How many bosses I kill seems to have very little affect on whether or not I will be invited back to kill bosses. Only mountains of Mythic+ gear will.

From what you say in your post you don't play to raid, you play to gear.
i always thought when Mythic came out that was new way to gear up with small group friends like Herioc used to be. now theyve made it a lame race. so i only do a few when a friend who i met at level like 20 ask me to.

why that friend because its just for fun noone cares if we get super high keys.
I agree, mythic plus gives better loot. Its a shame about how its quicker and easier to just gear up in mythics
Because Blizzard doesn't care about raids anymore. And why they are moving towards M+.

Just like there is no more Realm First achievements for clearing a raid, but conveniently there is one for clearing a +15 first on your realm.
M+ is the least of the issues. We had a guildie hit 120 on his alt tonight and get carried through 4 mythics for the quest. He got some random 340-350 stuff then a 370 azerite hat off the quest reward. Then he did 1 auto-win warfront and got a 360 titanforge from the completion and a 370 chest from the quest. Not quite heroic raid geared yet he went and killed the world boss and got 355 shoulders. Just waiting for him to pull a 390 TF weapon from the m+ cache...

Sure he got massively 'lucky', but its dumb AF this all exists...
it sounds like you are actually upset that other people who put in more work and time than you can actually gear up without having to raid. Tough.
09/15/2018 09:30 PMPosted by Kanearia
it sounds like you are actually upset that other people who put in more work and time than you can actually gear up without having to raid. Tough.

That's wrong? Raiding takes more time and effort than M+. It's rare that you won't finish a M+. But it's not uncommon to raid for 3 hours and not even down 1 boss. So at the end of the day, the people who do M+ are getting more loot, for less effort.

Which ties into the "Blizzard doesn't care about raids anymore." Which is probably why they made them PL too.

Raiding has become irrelevant a long time ago. It’s about time they offer other endgame content. Nothing stopping you from raiding.
Im still waiting for the day we get good gear for solo content. This is a solo game after all.
Progression is dead.
09/15/2018 07:24 PMPosted by Kathreena
If you’re melee, and not gearing trough arenas...you’re doing it wrong.

*cries in DK*
09/15/2018 09:35 PMPosted by Branuur

That's wrong? Raiding takes more time and effort than M+. It's rare that you won't finish a M+. But it's not uncommon to raid for 3 hours and not even down 1 boss. So at the end of the day, the people who do M+ are getting more loot, for less effort.

Nah.

Let's take a look at the H Uldir speed rankings, and work out the minutes spent per chance at 370+ loot. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/rankings/19#metric=speed&difficulty=4

So we'll take the rank #10 for each fight and just add another minute to a minute and a half on there to really pad it out:

Taloc = 5 minutes
MOTHER = 4 minutes
Fetid Devourer = 3 minutes
Zek'Voz = 6 minutes
Vectis = 5 minutes
Zul = 4 minutes
Mythrax = 7 minutes
G'huun = 7 minutes

Add in a couple minutes in between each for some trash with a healthy chance of dropping 370+ BOEs, and that's not bad at all, is it?

Now let's take the absolutely FASTEST +10 key clears in the world, and compare. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/rankings/20#metric=score&bracket=10

Atal'Dazar = 20 minutes
Freehold = 24.5 minutes
King's Rest = 31.5 minutes
Shrine of the Storm = 29.6
Siege of Boralus = 24 minutes
Temple of Sethraliss = 25.5 minutes
MOTHERLODE = 27 minutes
Underrot = 21 minutes
Tol Dagor = 24 minutes
Waycrest Manor = 27 minutes

So obviously just trucking right through heroic, running a single +10 for your weekly cache, and then logging, represents by far the most efficient loot per hour here. What the OP is really complaining about is that he thinks he's entitled to stay ahead of the gear curve above those who are spending a ton of time grinding high key M+ runs while he just raid+logs.