Balance druids with the treant talent in M+

Druid
09/18/2018 02:25 PMPosted by Dequan
This thread is only applicable to sanguine.

It's pretty easy to play around sanguine with them still. I learned to not pop them on targets that die super fast or are about to die. And if I do/have to, then I'd make sure to be in position to typhoon them out of sanguine. I was happy to get out of sanguine week, though. Then again, a lot of people were regardless of treants.
K, I'll happily let you get multiple stacks of the bleed from the berserkers in King's Rest. Enjoy your dirt nap.

Treants are a tool and how good they are, just like any tool, is completely dependent upon how they're used.
Treants are godlike and should be used on cooldown
The only time I find it annoying is for sanguine or when I pop a defensive that goes unused. With a little coordination I find them incredibly useful. I can defenitly see them being more problematic for unorganized pugs.
My tank absolutely LOVES my treants. Do higher keys and the tank will start to call for it when needed. Becomes a great cooldown to use wisely.
The amount of times treants has saved groups cause the tank is at 1% hp and the "But all the streamers are disc" priest can't keep up with simple pulls is uncountable. Every time I see the healer is a disc priest in a pug I know I am going to be using treants and resto affinity to the max extent to even allow the key to be completed.
I'll admit it was annoying when I was tanking leveling up. Now that I'm in M+, I can definitely appreciate the breather both as a tank and a healer.
Completely agree with OP treants are absolute dog!@#$. They are completely illogical for a dps to have and tanks that need boomies to spec into it are also absolute dog%^-*. Minute cd for 15 seconds up time that does !@#$ damage and disrupts tank threat? No thanks. Only time they are good is necrotic week for stack reset.
10/31/2018 09:13 PMPosted by Nosativa
Completely agree with OP treants are absolute dog!@#$. They are completely illogical for a dps to have and tanks that need boomies to spec into it are also absolute dog%^-*. Minute cd for 15 seconds up time that does !@#$ damage and disrupts tank threat? No thanks. Only time they are good is necrotic week for stack reset.

It's great in M+ content, especially higher level keys. ALL tanks need to kite at some point, moreso with certain affixes, and treants really help with that. It's no different than snaring or stunning them. It gives the tank a break from getting smacked in the face and allows the healer to top everyone up since they don't need to focus as hard on the tank. From a utility standpoint, it is quite the opposite of "illogical."
I see you've identified yourself as somebody to never do a M+ run with.

Trees are the strongest ability a balance druid has for difficult keys, and possibly the strongest ability for difficult keys in the whole game. It cuts healer mana consumption so much.
You crazy. In our all druid runs with three balance druids, having 30 seconds of every 1 min of trash fights where I as tank take zero damage is awesome. The healer can do a lot of additional dps during that 30 seconds.
10/31/2018 09:13 PMPosted by Nosativa

...what?

It resets Necrotic, it doesn't actually disrupt threat only who is taking damage, and on that note if it's used on CD it may as well read "Your tank has their damage received reduced by one sixth and your healer can spend one sixth of their time topping off the party instead of paying attention to the tank."

Even if it did NO damage, it would be a MANDATORY talent for M+ runs if that's what it read, because then people would actually understand what it does. It's basically an AOE Cyclone that is usable in PVE that allows the target to receive damage instead of being immune, while also being 67% longer in duration.
Natures balance damage increase due to empowerment chain from initial starsurge plus passive ap gain alleviates more tank pressure throughout the entirety of the dungeon due to mobs dieing faster than treants does being a minute cd with 15 second uptime that is only used in specific sticky situations and is off cd the majority of the time.
11/01/2018 06:55 AMPosted by Syp
You crazy. In our all druid runs with three balance druids, having 30 seconds of every 1 min of trash fights where I as tank take zero damage is awesome. The healer can do a lot of additional dps during that 30 seconds.

OP AF
11/02/2018 02:01 PMPosted by Nosativa
Natures balance damage increase due to empowerment chain from initial starsurge plus passive ap gain alleviates more tank pressure throughout the entirety of the dungeon due to mobs dieing faster than treants does being a minute cd with 15 second uptime that is only used in specific sticky situations and is off cd the majority of the time.

Ah, that explains it. You're using it wrong.
No need to be rude to the poor monk...

Better to explain why they are good.

Perhaps he needs to give direction to the boomkin as to when he prefers it used

then all will be well
Uhmmm Treants are borderline OP in M+. In high keys there is no spec I enjoy playing with more than a Boomie because the utility the being is insane. 10 seconds of not getting hit? Yes please.

Not to mention Solar Beam, bRez, Typhoon etc. They are gods in M+.
“We kick druids that don’t use treants in M+”

Has happened when I forget to put it on after pvp and join m+ groups. Been kicked twice for it kekekke

It’s amazing. I just wish damage increased.
09/18/2018 02:03 AMPosted by Aewendil
Literally the best DPS utility ability in M+ right now

Period.

As a healer. If the tank don't understand this, I'd rather find another one who does, he can be a special snowflake with someone else.

Even in pleb level M+ I'm running at, there's a noticeable difference in mana consumption throughout the run with treants than without, I can't even imagine how valuable this would be in M10+ runs since coincidentally this very same thing just literally saved my AD run just mere moments ago and allowed us to 4-man kill two bosses without a damn tank because he dc'ed. Without. A. Tank.
I ran with a pro boomkin today. He would save it for big pulls, when dps aggrod other mobs, and when i was low on health kiting mobs to stay alive. Def friend requested him. He can dps any of my keys.