What are you going to play?

Classic Discussion
09/18/2018 03:21 PMPosted by Menard
09/18/2018 03:02 PMPosted by Blondemamba

1.12 Fury warrior is just as broken as this a couple days after they hit 60 tanking to get Dal'rends with them reserved and Crusader on the things. People have no stam/armor and you blow them up just like this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soumNKGr5Z8

1.12 warrior is broken, stupid and ruins the entire game in pve/pvp. You will see when and if Blizzard is stupid enough to emulate private servers that only have this ruleset due to rich donors who want a warrior playground.

Having the two best melee specs in pvp, the best melee spec in pve, that can also tank, acquire BIS faster than any other class for ALL of vanilla is the stupidest thing you could ever do and Blizzard will do it. They will also completely break raiding with threat not mattering. I have ZERO faith in this company to do anything right anymore. It's all about hype, streamers before gamers and they DO NOT want Classic to succeed due to no MT's.

keep trying to talk people out of warrior. We already have played them on private under 1.12 ruleset and know they completely break the game. The funny thing is you go from broken OP spec to more broken OP spec when you get the weapon (arms). Then you can solo everyone with consumables on a class that is severely underrated 1 v 1.

You're going to sorely disappointed. I'v e seen some warrior streamers. They struggle for gear because there are so many people playing warrior. And without the gear, they fail against others.

Some are able to rise above the rest, but they are putting in 12+ hours a day doing BGs to get the gear. However, other more casual warriors? They aren't that good.

If I wouldn't get a ban I would link you my warrior from the big server atm. Also yeah warriors are best with pvp gear early. In BWL the weapons start to get good, in AQ the armor > Rank 14 gear.

If you ONLY raid, then yeah it takes awhile for the class to blossom, but lots of classes are like that. Ele Shaman for instance. It's in no way hard though. They are stacked because they do more damage than other classes in AQ gear in freaking best in slot blues.

1.12 warriors with threat broken = a joke. The entire game breaks until Naxx. Like I said I fully expect Blizzard to deliver an experience nowhere close to Vanilla though. It will be as broken as private servers or worse, which means I'm just going to play it for pvp and under the private ruleset warriors crush from about 50ish until they go to TBC. Then warriors crush just as hard with stunherald.
09/18/2018 04:04 PMPosted by Brisey
Night Elf Druid, then a night elf druid, then a night elf druid, after that perhaps a hunter, then a night elf druid.

QFT
i am going to role a warrior or hunter.cause I love the warrior been my main since wod.and the hunter was my first character I got to 100 without the boost.so these are my classes I am playing
Forsaken Warlock
undead shadow priest and own the crap out every one.

or undead frost mage and !@#$ up all the leveling warrior/pallys

I also like the idea of a tauren shaman and make friends with a good warrior tank. windfury totem was soooooo good people forget how nice restoration shamans use to be in a raid.
Resto shaman.
09/18/2018 03:17 PMPosted by Nelthene
I may even allow myself the guilty pleasure of maintaining a spreadsheet to track all their professions, etc.

I am already there.

I have an open draft; a spreadsheet with talents, gearing choices, profession order, gathering lists, obscure items, farming methods, and which classes will level in tandem to offset class deficits. Longest part of the entire process was settling on class leveling order, since it's a large time investment to hit 60.

I am ready to be diagnosed.
09/18/2018 08:20 PMPosted by Jayjujayme
09/18/2018 03:17 PMPosted by Nelthene
I may even allow myself the guilty pleasure of maintaining a spreadsheet to track all their professions, etc.

I am already there.

I have an open draft; a spreadsheet with talents, gearing choices, profession order, gathering lists, obscure items, farming methods, and which classes will level in tandem to offset class deficits. Longest part of the entire process was settling on class leveling order, since it's a large time investment to hit 60.

I am ready to be diagnosed.

What websites are you using to get the info?
marks hunter.
i know it wasn't fotm most of the time. don't care.
09/18/2018 08:37 PMPosted by Kendamd
marks hunter.
i know it wasn't fotm most of the time. don't care.

From memory marks was superior for pve and survival was superior for pvp.
Main: This.

Alt: Idk. Thinking about something I didn't play in Vanilla (warlock, druid, paladin), but also thinking about hunter. I miss the actual hunter gameplay that used to exist and just doesn't anymore.
Goblin Hunter, they are the best.
09/18/2018 08:26 PMPosted by Wyldleaf
What websites are you using to get the info?

There are a few WoW Vanilla DBs. ClassicDB was a big help. Some of it was memory, some forum reading, local and outside. It's a compilation over a bit of time. ClassicDB is a good place to start and just filter through classic items, and check out old talents. You can even find interesting things like vanilla SP coefficients for quite a few spells on older wiki pages.
Probably going Tauren Druid. Lots of different gear to collect for the different roles, good PvP viability, travel forms, stealth, extreme versatility for everything other than 40 man raiding. And if I do decide to do 40 man raids I don't mind being a healer so no problem there. The only drawback will be tanking will be kinda boring compared to playing a warrior.
100% Mage or Shaman, leaning more towards Shaman.
<-

With a prot warrior alt, most likely human as well (and yes, I know all about the suckitude that was levelling one in vanilla, I don't care. I did it once, I'll do it again).

And a gnome warlock alt...
..because they were all kinds of fun back in the day.

Plus the awesomeness that is being a gnome.
That's a hard question!
My first toon was a hunter. It was my first MMO and I was lost so someone suggested that. I'm afraid that most of the original huntard jokes are about me. I was really, really bad :D :D :D
I do like pally now but I also like Horde. So I couldn't play a pally horde side. Also Pally was very different back then. I might roll a human pally to try the old style shockadin spec.
Eh I will probably just roll a troll hunter again now that I actually know how to play it :)
09/18/2018 04:04 PMPosted by Brisey
Night Elf Druid, then a night elf druid, then a night elf druid, after that perhaps a hunter, then a night elf druid.

This, very much. Hunter being a night elf of course.

First horde alt will be shaman. Fem cow if friends need a healer, or fem orc if dps is needed.

I have zero desire to play warrior, paladin, or rogue. They bored me to tears and lucky for me I don't care about fotm.
Either a Gnome Mage or a Forsaken mage, I’m still not sure if I want to play Alliance or Horde.