8.1 - Tides of Vengeance

Wyrmrest Accord
Prev 1 17 18 19 26 Next
I can see certain agents of the Void being tempted to risk putting a 'champion of Death' so to speak into a position of power to destroy as much of everything as possible to more easily open the way to their invasion.

...that and, theoretically, she would get weakened enough that she'd be very easily reaped for whatever dark and evil tortures they have planned for her. At least, it seemed like wherever she ended up when she threw herself off Icecrown held nothing but unspeakable bad things for her in death.

I still can't help but wonder if dying on Saronite may have influenced things. And for all we know she may still be being influenced in some form, too.
I don't think the Void is a likely culprit, given how much the voice whispering in Alleria's ear hated Sylvanas.

Of course, it could have been lying to manipulate her. And any detail in this tangled web could be retconned or forgotten at the drop of a hat. There's a reason I don't try to look too far ahead in this particular franchise.
I myself am just kind of sick of the idea that she was influenced or not herself when she made these plans and plots. If we're going to read her as being mindful of her actions and terrible plans in order to 'preserve the Horde' in her own way, then make those actions truly be hers. Ideally, I'd love consequences for those choices, but at this rate I'd settle for not having to fall back on 'oh it was just...influence! Corruption! She would never' (she clearly would and has).

That aside, the more quest-spoiler type text I read the more Blizz seems poised to swoop in and take my momentary joy over Night Elf themed armor/assets by making Horde give night elves yet another slap in the face with their quest-text from the Darkshore stuff.
Back during Legion, I theorized that Kil'jaeden was the one to speak to Vol'jin. He once appeared to Ner'zhul in a similar way and swayed him to serve; he could've bid Vol'jin to put Sylvanas on the throne because he knew that she'd cause strife and possibly divide the forces away from the Legion's invasion.
09/22/2018 08:34 AMPosted by Selythae
I myself am just kind of sick of the idea that she was influenced or not herself when she made these plans and plots. If we're going to read her as being mindful of her actions and terrible plans in order to 'preserve the Horde' in her own way, then make those actions truly be hers. Ideally, I'd love consequences for those choices, but at this rate I'd settle for not having to fall back on 'oh it was just...influence! Corruption! She would never' (she clearly would and has).

A lot of people feel this way. Blizzard loves that corruption, though. It's one of the tropes to which they come back most often.
09/21/2018 07:05 PMPosted by Borgg
I mean to be fair a lot can happen in 30 years. Look how much MU Azeroth has changed in only a handful.

Not agreeing or disagreeing. Just saying.

T hats my least favorite thing about fantasy worlds, Azeroth especially. Like were supposed to assume almost nothing happened for 1000's of years then there's been like 8 wars 15 invasions and the world's almost ended 9 times in the last 30
09/22/2018 03:57 AMPosted by Liotuse
09/22/2018 03:22 AMPosted by Raynell
Blizzard is one patch away from earning those tomatoes thrown bitterly at their HQ in Irvine.

can you throw a tomato for me if zandalari don't get paladins

i just wanna make a kotal kahn troll

I will hurl -the fattest tomatoes- for that transgression.
thank you raynell for the paladin solidarity although we are from different factions
zandalari are not getting paladins you have to come to terms with ur loss
09/22/2018 10:51 AMPosted by Zenztli
zandalari are not getting paladins you have to come to terms with ur loss

if that's the case then horde isn't getting my sweet ret DPS and you have to come to terms with UR loss

snap
09/22/2018 10:58 AMPosted by Liotuse
if that's the case then horde isn't getting my sweet ret DPS and you have to come to terms with UR loss

snap

who are you kidding lio ret relies so much on haste and there's so little of it to go around that it's basically a slowly suffocating spec
god don't i !@#$ing know it but the idea of a zandalari paladin is far more enticing than belf or tauren
The best part of a new troll raid is that you always get some pretty sweet looking gear out of it.

Unless you wear mail. Better luck next time.
09/22/2018 11:23 AMPosted by Zyyras
Better luck next time.

...Blizzard said, since the end of MoP.
I really like the 7th Legion mail gear. Got my hunter decked out in it.

This is significant because I can't remember the last time I liked a set of mail gear.
I think my mog is pretty okay.

Then again it's a mishmash of cata and wod gear.
WoD has some great Mail gear, add in some of the fantastic mail belts in this expac and you've got some good stuff
Looks like we might be getting new Nightsaber mounts, which I've been wanting for a very long time. So that's neat*.

*depending on how they're acquired
I'm so heckin excited for night warrior stuff I'm gonna yell at the sun
i want those new nightsabers SO BAD

theyre inevitably gonna be tied to rares we only get to farm once a week but STILL

CATS