8.1 - Tides of Vengeance

Wyrmrest Accord
Prev 1 18 19 20 26 Next
The kul'tiran coat makes me weep, it's not faaaaaaaaaaaaair.
I bet you that the Worgen heritage armor will be Greymane's coat and a top hat. Or monocle. Or something?

I'm super excited for the Night Warrior stuff, thinking of playing a sub rogue with it.
09/22/2018 03:05 PMPosted by Eroen
I bet you that the Worgen heritage armor will be Greymane's coat and a top hat. Or monocle. Or something?

I'm super excited for the Night Warrior stuff, thinking of playing a sub rogue with it.

The worgen will get a heritage set with their updated models some time between now and the heat death of the universe.

It ain't happening.
So, theories/speculation on why Night Elves are being turned into spooky black eye things?

Is it gonna be Elune's version of "lightforging" where her most loyal followers get night eyes and special powers? Or something more original?

Also the Forsaken warfront sets are up on wowhead--spoiler alert, forsaken still look like hobos. One of the sets has a knee protector thing on the front that covers up a bit of the bone, but not much.

https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/790720.jpg
I'm guessing it's indicative that the Night Elves are through messing around and ready to strike back against the Horde.

Which means they'll probably go black-eyed and then sit passively and not strike back against the Horde, but Blizzard will expect props for it, regardless.
So, theories/speculation on why Night Elves are being turned into spooky black eye things?

Look closer, theyre not black, they're blue fading into black

Like the tears of elune from val'sharah
https://www.wowhead.com/news=287387/patch-8-1-ptr-battle-for-darkshore-forsaken-warfronts-armor-leather-mail-plate

We got the chainmail bois
I'm extremely jealous of the Forsaken now. The mail armor from the new warfront for Horde is the best mail set I've seen in years come out of Blizzard.
09/22/2018 03:54 PMPosted by Cailias
https://www.wowhead.com/news=287387/patch-8-1-ptr-battle-for-darkshore-forsaken-warfronts-armor-leather-mail-plate

the leather outfit chestpiece is hilarious
Man, is it wrong that I think the Forsaken armor looks pretty good and then gets steadily goofier as they continue to add more and more improbable spikes and skulls?
09/22/2018 04:05 PMPosted by Enekie
Man, is it wrong that I think the Forsaken armor looks pretty good and then gets steadily goofier as they continue to add more and more improbable spikes and skulls?

You can never have too many spikes or skulls. The greater risk you are at for impaling your own skull on your shoulder armor, the cooler you look. That's why Warlock's Corruptor Raiment is the coolest.
Indeed, those skulls are the skulls of the raiment's previous owners.
I just want to point out that the mail set's skirt reaches down to your knees rather than the waist level flare that the current alliance warfront set has. I think this is legitimately the first set of gear that has a half robe aesthetic attached to it, which is at least a sign that blizzard is using more new resources for player gear.
09/22/2018 08:39 AMPosted by Azhaar
09/22/2018 08:34 AMPosted by Selythae
I myself am just kind of sick of the idea that she was influenced or not herself when she made these plans and plots. If we're going to read her as being mindful of her actions and terrible plans in order to 'preserve the Horde' in her own way, then make those actions truly be hers. Ideally, I'd love consequences for those choices, but at this rate I'd settle for not having to fall back on 'oh it was just...influence! Corruption! She would never' (she clearly would and has).

A lot of people feel this way. Blizzard loves that corruption, though. It's one of the tropes to which they come back most often.

I'm still betting my money that it has something to do with the bargain Sylvanas made with Helya to get the lantern to control Eyir. I'm thinking she's got Helya rattling around in her head now in some sort of weird possession, because Helya realized it was only a matter of time before Odyn told all the murder-hobos that she would drop loot if we killed her.

I feel like Blizzard probably won't want to truly kill off Sylvanas since she's such a popular (and I imagine profitable character). That and they don't seem to have much confidence in the popularity of the new characters they introduce and instead prefer to retread the same old ground, even if it means bringing characters back from the dead.

I don't have high hopes that it's not going to be disappointing, but then I was also disappointed in her going over the top super villain in this expansion and think it would ultimately be kind of disappointing if she just gets defeated like the big bad she seems to be getting set-up to be.

But more importantly, no Zandalari Paladins is truly the let down of this expansion. Given how much time we've spent killing Zandalari, I didn't expect how much I would enjoy Zandalar and hanging out with them. Talanji for Warchief 2019.
09/22/2018 06:08 PMPosted by Kellanar
But more importantly, no Zandalari Paladins is truly the let down of this expansion.

There's NPC voice lines, I'll hold out hope still.
09/22/2018 06:14 PMPosted by Liotuse

priests
09/22/2018 06:31 PMPosted by Zenztli
09/22/2018 06:14 PMPosted by Liotuse

priests

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYLVDMiPKjc
09/22/2018 06:40 PMPosted by Liotuse
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYLVDMiPKjc

BUT WHERE ARE THEY GETTING THEIR POWER WITHOUT REZAN??

DID LIADRIN SHOW UP AND WAS ALL "you don't need dinosaur god, watch this" and throw a golden hammer at someone's face AND NOW SUDDENLY THEY KNOW HOW TO BE LIGHT PALADINS?
If they don't somehow recover Rezan's power, wouldn't surprise me if they started sunwalking.
They're all Prelates of Jani now.

[Hand of HEKHEKHEKoning]