MM is dead what is going on?

Hunter
I have mained hunter since s6 and it has always been my main. I remember the days when we had aspect of the viper and viper sting. I remember the days when classes weren't pruned to the point an infant could play them. Whoever pruned MM failed as a class designer. When I logged into my hunter and looked at the specs I was disgusted. I couldn't play MM and I hate BM and now SV is a freaking melee spec. So I rolled a warlock/warrior first but I WANT my class back.

We need Chimera shot back and we do not need a split shot version. Not only is this newer version of chimera shot that they implemented dumb, but it breaks cc in arena. We need a wotlk single shot version. Whatever happened to serpent sting? I remember if active chimera did bonus damage.

I remember aimed shot not being casted and doing decent damage. Now it feels like a lot of work for no reward. S9 comes and aimed shot was what won you an arena. I don't understand why these specs are so forced unto one ability these days. Destro = chaos bolt, MM = Aimed shot. I don't know about other classes/specs but these are the two I play. Back in the day destro damage came from conflag/incinerate perks and of course cb did decent damage.

We also need killshot back. Why was this even removed and pruned from MM? Literally the spec is beyond boring at this point and 100% resident sleeper. Seriously I want my spec/class back...this is sad Blizzard. I expected better.

From a time where hunters made sense:

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=121213
most people that are oldschool hunters prefer marks. BM was always a scrub class that very few hunters played. MM was king. i also think they should remove pets from Marks and increase damage to compensate. i hate having to rely on and deal with my pet i just want to play a solo bow class
I dont think MM is dead, I think its waiting for gear. MM it scales BM dramatically in my bm gear I sim better as MM.

I'm going to try and gather a MM set this week and see what i can do with it. Tge mobility does not bother me, i played when hunters could not auto attack while moving.
09/19/2018 12:48 AMPosted by Barrybondz
I have mained hunter since s6 and it has always been my main. I remember the days when we had aspect of the viper and viper sting. I remember the days when classes weren't pruned to the point an infant could play them. Whoever pruned MM failed as a class designer. When I logged into my hunter and looked at the specs I was disgusted. I couldn't play MM and I hate BM and now SV is a freaking melee spec. So I rolled a warlock/warrior first but I WANT my class back.

We need Chimera shot back and we do not need a split shot version. Not only is this newer version of chimera shot that they implemented dumb, but it breaks cc in arena. We need a wotlk single shot version. Whatever happened to serpent sting? I remember if active chimera did bonus damage.

I remember aimed shot not being casted and doing decent damage. Now it feels like a lot of work for no reward. S9 comes and aimed shot was what won you an arena. I don't understand why these specs are so forced unto one ability these days. Destro = chaos bolt, MM = Aimed shot. I don't know about other classes/specs but these are the two I play. Back in the day destro damage came from conflag/incinerate perks and of course cb did decent damage.

We also need killshot back. Why was this even removed and pruned from MM? Literally the spec is beyond boring at this point and 100% resident sleeper. Seriously I want my spec/class back...this is sad Blizzard. I expected better.

things hunters had to defend themselves with that got were integral to pvp.

Scatter shot as baseline.
trap not sharing a Dr with Scatter shot
Crab intervene
Pet charge.
Crab pin.
Binding shot and post haste.
Wyvern sting
Masters call
Roar of Sacrifice.

All of these are things that got removed now causing hunters to be exceedinly behind on escape options while others still have the same catching options

keep in mind yes im aware some of this !@#$ is still technically available but unfortunately there's little room for concessions to get them.
Lone wolf needs a boost and something has to be done with that spec so hunters can keep up the dps rather than it dropping to an all time low.

Very much enjoy MM but not easy to get stay in raids with that kind of dps.
There is a sub 1% difference in single target DPS with or without a pet. That is where it should be honestly. That makes the pet optional for people that than required or a burden.
What is with the "LW needs to be stronger" circle jerk? LW is actually in a good place right now. LW is stronger in AOE/target swap situations and with a Pet is a very slight increase to ST dmg. In general, if you wanted to just run LW all the time then do it.

Issue with MM is the numbers are lower than they should be and is based on !@#$ tons of conditions/limitations.
Blizzard is too busy working on those stupid pet battles to fix hunter I guess.
09/19/2018 07:03 AMPosted by Darkpsycho
What is with the "LW needs to be stronger" circle jerk? LW is actually in a good place right now. LW is stronger in AOE/target swap situations and with a Pet is a very slight increase to ST dmg. In general, if you wanted to just run LW all the time then do it.

Issue with MM is the numbers are lower than they should be and is based on !@#$ tons of conditions/limitations.

Why is it always about damage? Don't any of you people do PvP? Oh, nm. Legion made all MM PvPers unsub (myself included). That's why you get caught in this little world where all that matters is damage meters.

LW needs to be utility neutral to be viable in PvP, or at least as close to that as possible.

I think the damage thing is pretty good to keeping it optional, but LW absolutely needs fundamental changes on the utility side.
09/19/2018 05:01 AMPosted by Ruzaki
There is a sub 1% difference in single target DPS with or without a pet. That is where it should be honestly. That makes the pet optional for people that than required or a burden.

It's more than that. They made it where you need at least 3 targets to "cleave" and split damage, which is a big deal in Uldir.

The bigger problem is that your rotation is literally aimed shot, arcane, maybe second arcane, repeat once, then spam steady shot til aimed is back up (hopefully with crit proc).

There is no explosive shot (old one), they gave chimera to BM for some unknown reason in Legion (prob cause it has an animal name?), and there are no procs to watch for like with explosive shot and black arrow. They literally have gutted the class.
I just find it rather annoying every expansion I need to come into these forums and complain about the dumb changes blizzard makes to hunters. I don't really understand why this class gets abused so much. I look at warlocks/mages and their kits have hardly changed in the past 5 years. You look at mm/hunters and it's like wtf just happened? Sometimes I feel like downloading an old arena tourney server just to play hunter when it was good. I'd rather have a dead zone than this current trash any day of the week.

What hurts most is Blizzard isn't addressing this forum or hunter at all. How hard is it to pin a message saying "hey guys we're looking into some hunter changes" I am sure they are aware of this forum blowing up but they would rather brush it off their shoulders.
09/19/2018 11:49 AMPosted by Barrybondz
How hard is it to pin a message saying "hey guys we're looking into some hunter changes" I am sure they are aware of this forum blowing up but they would rather brush it off their shoulders.

THey're too busy resisting trump on twitter and attending diversity workshops
09/19/2018 12:48 AMPosted by Barrybondz

because blizzard . lets look at everything they've pruned from mm. Aspect of the hawk cheetah pack. Silence shot. But i think counter shot works the same. Scatter shot baseline. Snake and explosive trap. Killshot chimera shot readiness . trueshot aura buff. Old serpent sting. Powershot was decent . we lost more abilties then we have currently. Some were removed some were changed completely. But prunning needs to stop
My only complaint is the cast time on aimed shot for MM, get rid of that, or at least give us good options to shorten it so we can stop wasting so much energy working around it and praying for procs in Arenas. I have zero complaint for MM in bgs however, and Survival and BM are pretty fun so far. All in all I feel like the class is in a good place. Oh and the cast time on engineering bombs really throws me off too.
Personally I believe hunters should have 4 specs with the optional melee spec. When they have had 3 ranged specs in the game since forever why would they suddenly completely destroy survival? Tbh it was fun back in wotlk. Get the scatter trap and go for the lock and load damage with explosive.

Now mm literally has 3 button rotation and it's awful. Even bm feels hella weird as we don't actually have a spammable generator like steady shot. I have no idea why bm has chimera when mm doesn't. The damage from bm is literally kill command. Why does bm have like 3 damage buttons where mm is like 2. Aimed shot/arcane which is !@#. Bm has chimera, kill command and cobra and barbed. At least bm it feels like you are kinda doing something but it still feels so clunky imo.

I feel ever since hunters made the change to focus they have felt different vs tbc or wotlk. When we first got focus it was pretty bad versus what we have today but it still makes specs like bm/mm feel weird imo. Before we got to turret damage and have to go aspect of the viper which kind of sucked but it did take awhile to oom.
369 hunter main here.

Gear will not fix mm. You can’t fix a spec lacking utility and has a bad design for its damage out put by gear.
09/19/2018 03:32 AMPosted by Rvmethlabz
most people that are oldschool hunters prefer marks. BM was always a scrub class that very few hunters played. MM was king. i also think they should remove pets from Marks and increase damage to compensate. i hate having to rely on and deal with my pet i just want to play a solo bow class

wrong, the only people who perf MM are min maxing little kids that think they are too "hardcore" to play with a pet.

God forbid people dont want to play the try hard class.
09/19/2018 08:30 PMPosted by Xanthine
wrong, the only people who perf MM are min maxing little kids that think they are too "hardcore" to play with a pet.
Do you have any statistical evidence to back up that claim? I am fairly certain I do not meet any of those criteria, and yet MM is by far my favorite spec.

I don't want to play with a pet because I like the fantasy of an archer. I suffered through years of playing with a pet and mastered doing so, but only because it was the only way I could play an archer in WoW.
09/19/2018 05:01 AMPosted by Ruzaki

You also sacrifice whatever pet ability you would attain from going lone wolf. 50% heal reduction, master's call if i had a hyena.
09/19/2018 08:30 PMPosted by Xanthine
09/19/2018 03:32 AMPosted by Rvmethlabz

God forbid people dont want to play the try hard class.

This may be the dumbest brain cell losing thing I have ever read. Bm is boring and not to mention when you queue into good high end arena you will be facing a lot of cleave meaning your pet will die a lot. I guess one positive is revive pet doesn't take 10 seconds like it used to. I'm sorry but mm burst was fun as hell and way funner than spamming kill command.