Mythic G'Huun Down

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 Next
Bring a shaman or any other unrepresented class to world first, all I see is pally, monk lock.
Couldn't help but notice some of them are wearing guaranteed 370 warfront gear.
I feel like I should know or care what guilds are what, but I really don't. Do they have statues in Orgrimmar celebrating their epic victories? When you walk into a new town, do npcs ask you if you know guys from those guilds? I could literally walk through one of these guys and have no idea who they are or why I should care.

Like being the master of the pan flute or a champion curling team, I'm sure someone out there cares.
Feel like there is now a missed opportunity to dub beating the last wing of Uldir "Method to the Madness".
Emh... I don't care.
09/19/2018 02:01 PMPosted by Bulletprüf
09/19/2018 01:56 PMPosted by Farajah

Where is the Horde Bias in this? Did Blizzard explicitly faction change Method without bothering to talk to anyone? Did Blizzard dumb down the fight for them? Did Blizzard buff only them when they went into the instance?

Of the current top 50 Uldir -progression guilds in the world...FOUR are Alliance.

This is a statistical anomaly by any measure. I don't claim to have data to support the "why" in this, but racials are a logical candidate.

Translation:

I can't actually prove their is any bias, so rather than go with the logical conclusion of min/maxing to the extreme that top 100's do, I am just gonna scout bias. It makes me feel better.
09/19/2018 05:12 PMPosted by Rosyena
09/19/2018 04:16 PMPosted by Azraia
I recommend you do a little research before you embarrass yourself like this.

I have never had a job that gives a paid vacation.

US Employers are not required to provide a paid vacation, but they are not banned
Class stacking is so neat.
09/20/2018 11:40 AMPosted by Farajah
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Of the current top 50 Uldir -progression guilds in the world...FOUR are Alliance.

This is a statistical anomaly by any measure. I don't claim to have data to support the "why" in this, but racials are a logical candidate.

Translation:

I can't actually prove their is any bias, so rather than go with the logical conclusion of min/maxing to the extreme that top 100's do, I am just gonna scout bias. It makes me feel better.

You realize you just made my point for me?

If being Horde is a min/max decision, and 92% of Top 50 are Horde, it validates the assertion that the factions are imbalanced.

If 92% of any class all played the exact same spec, that spec would get nerfed before the next maintenance.
Grats to Method!
09/19/2018 07:29 PMPosted by Thunderhoof
Bring a shaman or any other unrepresented class to world first, all I see is pally, monk lock.

Limit, world second and <1% wipes prior to Methods kill, had a shaman and no paladins.

09/20/2018 11:51 AMPosted by Yögi

It's been happening since vanilla.

Translation:

You realize you just made my point for me?

If being Horde is a min/max decision, and 92% of Top 50 are Horde, it validates the assertion that the factions are imbalanced.

If 92% of any class all played the exact same spec, that spec would get nerfed before the next maintenance.

The factions have always been imbalanced, and will always be imbalanced. That is not proof of "bias". The only way to stop top guilds from caring about a fraction of a percent benefit provided by racials is to make them non-functional in terms of actual progression content.

So, no, I did not prove your bias claim.
09/19/2018 07:47 PMPosted by Sìeglinde
I feel like I should know or care what guilds are what, but I really don't. Do they have statues in Orgrimmar celebrating their epic victories? When you walk into a new town, do npcs ask you if you know guys from those guilds? I could literally walk through one of these guys and have no idea who they are or why I should care.

Like being the master of the pan flute or a champion curling team, I'm sure someone out there cares.

It's like telling people you can speak Norwegian and German and then telling them you can speak Elfdalian and Wymysorys. Usually you have to explain they're real languages. I imagine its the same telling people about a world first mythic kill.
09/20/2018 12:14 PMPosted by Night
09/19/2018 07:47 PMPosted by Sìeglinde

It's like telling people you can speak Norwegian and German and then telling them you can speak Elfdalian and Wymysorys. Usually you have to explain they're real languages. I imagine its the same telling people about a world first mythic kill.

I bet Sco's bank account cares after the windfall he's getting from 14,000+ subscribers and over 180k concurrent viewers.
09/20/2018 12:03 PMPosted by Argorwal
09/19/2018 07:29 PMPosted by Thunderhoof

Limit, world second and <1% wipes prior to Methods kill, had a shaman and no paladins.

09/20/2018 11:51 AMPosted by Yögi

The only reason they had a Pally healer was because the Priest got stuck away from home. The Pally was Ret main and swapped as a result.

The only reason they had a Pally healer was because the Priest got stuck away from home. The Pally was Ret main and swapped as a result.

Except they had 2 paladin healers?

One was the ret offspec.

From wowprogress the healing on their kills we're:

Method
Mistweaver x2
Holy Paladin x2
Disc priest

Limit
Resto druid x2
Mistweaver
Holy Priest
Resto Shaman

Looks pretty balanced to me, as bad as looking at 2 data points is. All 6 healing specs present.

Almost completely different healing strategy. 1 mistweaver was the only constant in both groups.

Never said it did not happen. Then we see nerfs... wonder why. I am waiting for MW's to get hit with a bat is all.
09/20/2018 12:48 PMPosted by Yögi

Never said it did not happen. Then we see nerfs... wonder why. I am waiting for MW's to get hit with a bat is all.

Method used 2 mistweavers and 2 holy paladins

Limit used 2 resto druids

On other fights 2 disc priests were used.

So...

Also class stacking is mainly because they are racing other guilds and doing it obscenely undergeared.

I mean Limit just cleared mythic Uldir with a raid item level of 371. Heroic only guilds will be higher than that in a few weeks, and mythic guilds will be pushing 385.
09/20/2018 11:44 AMPosted by Farajah
09/19/2018 05:12 PMPosted by Rosyena

I have never had a job that gives a paid vacation.

US Employers are not required to provide a paid vacation, but they are not banned

I live in TN and my employer gives paid vacation time. We also get most US holidays off and they too are paid for. This place I work for is honestly the best place I have every worked for.