Warfront

General Discussion
Well, I guess Blizzard decided not to do the right thing and give alliance 3 days of unrestricted access to warfronts like they did for the horde.
It is funny seeing people in mostly WF gear saying something like that.
Business as usual.
09/20/2018 07:20 AMPosted by Holyenigma
Well, I guess Blizzard decided not to do the right thing and give alliance 3 days of unrestricted access to warfronts like they did for the horde.

No, and you'll just take it. In a few weeks people will have forgotten all about that.

09/20/2018 07:21 AMPosted by Hamstar

Alts are a thing.

Being able to passively go from 270 to 330+ in a few hours was nice
Of course Blizzard is going to let the Horde gear up but stop the alliance from doing it. They don't want a balanced game.
It literally took me a day to gear this hunter to get into WF once 320 restriction was implemented.

It's not that big a hump.
09/20/2018 07:41 AMPosted by Rahca
It literally took me a day to gear this hunter to get into WF once 320 restriction was implemented.

It's not that big a hump.

It took more than a day. I got to 320+ after several Heroic dungeons and after about 3-4 days of work based on WQ procs.

It's still a big difference from a fresh 290ish toon going straight into there. I didn't figure Blizzard was going to do anything, given how poorly their original response was.
Thing is the Horde still got to do it for free while the Alliance did not. Instead of letting the same time pass for Alliance alts your now forced to get to 320 and pray the event is still going on. The bias is still there no matter how short it takes to get to 320 ilvl as there were Horde memebers who were fresh 120s who are now rocking full sets of gear with no penalty. I am sure a blue will see this post and ban me again but its stupid that Blizzard is so focused on the Horde they give free gear out then take the chance to get it away from the Alliance without giving them the same opportunity.
Im talking alts .....why do you people always want to make observations ugly? Seriously, grow up........
We had it for three days, doesn't mean everyone actually did it. A lot of people did one or two and then got the short stick when the 320 requirement appeared so they suddenly couldn't run it again. Meanwhile Alliance got a heads up to have their item level on track before their turn with it was halfway over.

While you think it's unfair you didn't get a few days to run fresh 120s, we Horde could also argue it wasn't fair for us to suddenly be blocked from content some of us had already ran.

There's really no winner here.
09/20/2018 07:23 AMPosted by Elizabeth

What do you mean "passively" and a "few hours"? The easiest way to gear a fresh alt is killing all the rares when you have the zone. Takes less time to kill all of them then completing a single WF.
09/20/2018 07:59 AMPosted by Holyenigma
Im talking alts .....why do you people always want to make observations ugly? Seriously, grow up........

So how did you gear then before you had the WF? It is because you can still get tons of easy 340 gear for alts w/o warfronts.

Funny telling someone to grow up while you're whining.
09/20/2018 07:20 AMPosted by Holyenigma

If you couldn't get a fresh 120 to ilvl 320 in the several weeks since that derpy 3-day window, then you're not a very good player.

For starters, the % completion was alot faster because many people like me have alliance alts at 120 and just mass contribute.

Getting to the 320 ilvl req takes less than 4 hours, especially if you buy cheap 300 ilvl blues and a 320 cape from a vendor this will boost you to ~302 ilvl then you do WQ's to replace the other gear and a few heroic dungeons and BOOM 320 ilvl.
09/20/2018 08:08 AMPosted by Hamstar
09/20/2018 07:23 AMPosted by Elizabeth

What do you mean "passively" and a "few hours"? The easiest way to gear a fresh alt is killing all the rares when you have the zone. Takes less time to kill all of them then completing a single WF.

Which again raises the question, warfronts needed the ilvl restriction because...?

Oh that is right, they didn’t. Or are you suggesting the rares need a 320 ilvl restriction?
I am still upset about this. I have a mage that is about 315 right now. I have to grind wq or heroic to hope for just the right piece that may be an upgrade so I can get up to 320- Something the horde never had to worry about.

Oh, and did I mention that on my first run i got a 370 two handed sword for my pally? Could you imagine getting that 2 weeks ago? That is better or even to what you would get in heroic Uldir right now.
09/20/2018 08:13 AMPosted by Trollamaine
...Im talking alts .....why do you people always want to make observations ugly? Seriously, grow up........

Well also that a new alt can do the intro quest and kill all the rares while doing it and get 320 (or really close) just from the rares. So all this whining is really pointless. People who missed out on those first 3 days (which I didn't do because WF are the most boring thing I have done in WoW in a long time) can still easily get to the point of doing them with just a little extra work.