Relax champs

Warlock
If you honestly think they're going to leave warlocks in this state for more than a week you're nuts.

We have been blizzards favorite sons for 14 years, they will fix it.

Calm your farm.

P.s 1000th post lets throw a party
Please, after "we rather you not play demonology," and the systematic destruction of Xelnath's legacy, and then the state demo was left in for the last two years with the promise to fix it in the next expansion, followed by all that has transpired so far a month into BfA... I feel that they are fine with letting it sit at the bottom of the list for another two years.

Congratulations on your 1000th though.
09/11/2018 02:08 PMPosted by Binchicken
If you honestly think they're going to leave warlocks in this state for more than a week you're nuts.

But.. they have left us in this state for more than a week.

They had all of Beta to not leave us in this state. They took a sledgehammer to Demo before official release.
We have been blizzards favorite sons for 14 years, they will fix it

You have no idea what you are talking about. Our good moments were because of incompetence on PvE tuning, not because they take good care of us.

Proof? Look at our mechanics, they totally suck for PvP, reaching an absurd point of inability in doing things that are considered trivial and baseline for every other DPS classes, like freaking not becoming OOM or having a minimum of survivability. As Affliction we can't even have a reliable way to break totems, it's sad.
I remember when ion first said 'we'd rather everyone not be playing demonology' and everyone started saying this was proof they hated the spec I thought nah he was taken out of context.

It was just a poor choice of words, what they did in legion though..plus what they let go live this time around..

Calm your farm.

"It's only alpha DW"
"It's only beta DW"
"It's only first week DW"
"It's only first tuning patch completely ignoring outstanding issues with various classes including the Warlock DW"
"It's only the "final tuning parse for mythic" DW"
"It's only 8.1 DW"
09/11/2018 02:19 PMPosted by Seejarvis
Please, after "we rather you not play demonology," and the systematic destruction of Xelnath's legacy, and then the state demo was left in for the last two years with the promise to fix it in the next expansion, followed by all that has transpired so far a month into BfA... I feel that they are fine with letting it sit at the bottom of the list for another two years.

So much this. At this point I don't think it could be any clearer that Warlock is somewhere near the bottom of their priorities, if not dead last. Honestly you don't even need historic evidence/precedent to support this, you can go back 24 hours and already know beyond a doubt. In a game literally bursting at the seams with bugs, balance issues, and obscene azerite traits, they DISABLED Inevitable Demise, which was absolutely the singular thing in the game that allowed warlocks to participate AT ALL in pvp. Every other overpowered azerite trait they've touched has been simply adjusted or changed, and have also almost all been on overperforming classes. So in the middle of all that, they bend down and snipe one out of an immensely underperforming class, and can't even be bothered to adjust it, instead they just remove it entirely.

On top of that, they haven't said a word about it in the day since it occurred. Is it a bug? Is it a nerf? What are they doing with the trait? What happened? Stone cold zero communication on it (and let's not even talk about the lack of communication on what the !@#$ they're going to do to get the entire class out of the gutter in pvp) while they tweet about water and world quests and buff feral by 5%, while spending the majority of the day making sure everyone's cool with their loot cache reward. I've never seen a clearer or more direct statement to a class to go %^-* itself.
09/11/2018 05:43 PMPosted by Ripflow

So much this. At this point I don't think it could be any clearer that Warlock is somewhere near the bottom of their priorities, if not dead last. Honestly you don't even need historic evidence/precedent to support this, you can go back 24 hours and already know beyond a doubt. In a game literally bursting at the seams with bugs, balance issues, and obscene azerite traits, they DISABLED Inevitable Demise, which was absolutely the singular thing in the game that allowed warlocks to participate AT ALL in pvp. Every other overpowered azerite trait they've touched has been simply adjusted or changed, and have also almost all been on overperforming classes. So in the middle of all that, they bend down and snipe one out of an immensely underperforming class, and can't even be bothered to adjust it, instead they just remove it entirely.

On top of that, they haven't said a word about it in the day since it occurred. Is it a bug? Is it a nerf? What are they doing with the trait? What happened? Stone cold zero communication on it (and let's not even talk about the lack of communication on what the !@#$ they're going to do to get the entire class out of the gutter in pvp) while they tweet about water and world quests and buff feral by 5%, while spending the majority of the day making sure everyone's cool with their loot cache reward. I've never seen a clearer or more direct statement to a class to go %^-* itself.

Damn well said!
- The game of interrupts (all meeles have at least 3 instant ways to interrupt spell casting);

- Our main spell Chaos Bolt has 1,5s casting time;

- Our main spell with a casting time does less damage than a lot of instant meele habilitties;

- If with all this ways to interrupt spell cast you let a lock cast a Chaos Bolt, the spell must take at least 50% life;

It's basic, it's logic, it's simple.
09/11/2018 06:41 PMPosted by Anarchies

- Our main spell Chaos Bolt has 1,5s casting time;

:3

It's actually THREE second cast (less with haste and backdraft).

https://www.wowhead.com/spell=116858/chaos-bolt
I have a hard time believing anyone on the dev team plays warlock, because aff got BUFFED with the changes to SO/ID while the 5% demo/destro "buffs" are laughable at best.

Demo and destro among the worst specs in the game? **** it, buff affliction more lol, this king is ruling forever

And that's just for PvE, PvP on warlock is a total mess across the board.
Speaking of xelnath, it's really hard to not think they deliberately removed every part of this class that was fun and interesting.

Even our dreadsteed running across water and leaving a trail of flames behind.

Dark regeneration with glyph of health stone negating our lack of mobility to actually be a tanky caster and confront melee.

The amount of fun using that after dark bargain in meta was what made this class so damn engaging.

It was all gutted, it really was.

Engagement, gameplay, all of that is why you play a game.

Back in classic, bc, wrath we still had unique elements which stood out and made us pick this class over others, sounds nostalgic but in my opinion it rings true.

Mop expanded on that and brought us into the modern wow era with new and fun quirks which complemented what a warlock should be.

I have to say, this pruning or whatever has really dulled not only us but other classes aswell.

I had to stop playing my enhancement shaman cause, well, wind?? We used to throw lightning at people..

I could rant for ages however just stop screwing with the gameplay. Make us fun and tune around it. A bit of complexity never hurt anyone. It's called engaging.
Lol blizzard doesnt even care about Dk new expansion so they made new fotms.
We have been blizzards favorite sons for 14 years

are you from Bizarro World?
I always wanted to play a warlock. I dont understand why such a pure dps class as warlock who is mage studying fel energy is screwed so badly for s long time.

Calm your farm.

I wish I had your faith . . .
When Xelnath got himself fired it must have really hurt their feelings because they've done their best to absolutely destroy every good thing he did for Warlocks ever since.
09/14/2018 06:16 AMPosted by Theokronos
When Xelnath got himself fired it must have really hurt their feelings because they've done their best to absolutely destroy every good thing he did for Warlocks ever since.

Seriously, it seemed so obvious they took it out on warlocks over an office grudge, it's so trivial.

Congratulations on your 1000th though.

I'm glad we still remember this. Let us not forget.