PvE Unholy/DK is Awesome!

Death Knight
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
By the lich King himself, your tmog is terrible
Woot, sounds like the rest of your raid is terrible, right now an UH DK can barely out dps a Holy priest, stop holding your raid back and go back frost :)
09/12/2018 08:26 PMPosted by Lynx
I respect your opinion, but you have no PvE experience and this clearly is specific to PvE , I feel like I made that clear. I don't need to look at your profile to figure that out.
“A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.” – Winston Churchill

Mic Drop.

You're wrong on nearly everything you said on your post. Go ahead and try to claim i don't have PvE experience when i have all the cutting edge achievements from legion and currently raid in a top 70 world guild.

Its baffling how overly optimistic you are because it literally blinded you to the innate flaws our class has. We're literally almost good for nothing we're that bad

Unholy's damage in PvE is literally pathetic especially single target. Theyre alright in dungeons but many classes are just better. Frost does great single target in 2 minute windows and then auto attacks for 8 minutes straight (obvious exaggeration) It also dawns no utility and blows in pvp.

Stop trying to make our class sound good when in reality its not because knowing blizzard theyll see this post and continue with their incompetence of not actually giving death knights the buffs or reworks they need
Maybe your guild should get a good DK . I'm looking for a group, if you can pass it along to whoever is carrying you. And yes, I'm hoping blizzard reads this and finds out that I love the class, you know, since devs are changing the basis of the game on sweaty nerds posts these days. Good Chat mate.
I respect your opinion,

None of what was stated here is really opinionated other than your own satisfaction in the class, which is showing the objective ignorance that you display for enjoying such an atrocious state.

It's like saying you like to eat garbage. Okay, like it all you want, but you have objectively terrible taste.

http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/T22_Raid.html

Not fine.
09/12/2018 02:03 PMPosted by Lynx
For a few days....Some of the constant negativity on these class forums and others made me feel like I picked a useless class for a new expansion. I didnt care if it was average dps while fun, but concerning invitations to groups, I started to read it was terrible and no one would want a DK period. I've done a couple of Heroic bosses and the Normals at the time of this post and I'm starting to develop the opposite opinions.

DK ,as a whole, is seeming to be pretty important to the raid and some mythic + afflictions. There has been a number of times that Death Grip and Chains of Ice has single handed saved a winning pull from a sure wipe, and the ability to self heal to help healers, or pop a magic shell to avoid running a buff through the group is fairly useful in my opinion.

As far as DPS goes at ilvl 358, Ive been hitting top of the dps charts on trash pulls as both frost and unholy, on single target I usually come in 3rd to 4th obviously behind a hunter/rogue/mage as Unholy.
** Not to toot my horn, but to give you a average raid outcome from my experiences so far.**
With more responsibility, like using chains or deathgrip that alot of these bosses require, you can expect the damage to be slightly lower on some fights...

I recently switched from Frost to Unholy DK since the raid and Mythic + . The fun factor of this class went from 4/10 to 10/10 while having more AoE, more decision making, and awesome way to control the undead army. Frost just felt too...1-2-3 Faceroll imo but it was aight.

UH's ability to build Festering Wound and use Clawing Shadows as a ranged attack (30 Range!) ,along with Death Coil and Virulent Plague , is just an awesome way to close the gap on damage while away from the boss. Not to mention our pet is still hitting and doing abilities along with our small army from Apocalypse, building more stacks of Festering Wound!

UH Aoe is just amazing, and can be safe in certain situations. (ie: Sanguine and other nasty buffs)
Again, you can stand away from the group of mobs to aoe, and the numbers with a mastery build leave me at the top of the dps chart while giving me plenty to work for to see the big numbers.

And with distance comes.... Survival.

Icebound Fortitude and Magic Shell is a pretty well rounded set if you know what the abilities your blocking are based upon. (ie: Physical , Magic, and Stuns)
Deathstrike to heal yourself for nice chunks and possible talents on Deathpact.
Surviving a fight is more important than 45 runic power dps loss and when you battle rez your buddy that just died to ...whatever... thier dps is now your dps...Just because it doesnt say it next to your DPS meter nametag doesnt mean you dont add value and dps to the fight.

Movement on a worgen is nice so I obviously have no complaints, but 2 mid/low CD movement abilities just means you need to pre-emptively move or know the mechanics which in turn will make you a better player...

I feel like most of the argument on this class are from people with lack of imagination and...trial... to how their toolkit can ever be useful compared to other classes...meanwhile complaining on the forums that blizzard doesn't care about DK's so everyone should swap to whatever class the Blizzard devs are playing.

Anyways....

This class to me is really fun, and just in the right spot to NOT be affected by future balances. In other words I think its perfect in PvE.... THERE! 0 Complaints hands down best class I've ever mained.

I did not mention PvP cause I have not alot of experience on this class and I'm sure its a topic I cant debate.

All in all , Thank you for reading... and GO PLAY DEATHKNIGHT!

Yes. Listen to this shining example of death knight at it's finest and you too can barely beat out healers in (((not retarded))) groups! Unholy comes with riveting gameplay with your main sources of damage being:

1. Auto attack
2. Auto attacks from your pet powered by retard strength alone!
3. Auto attacks from an army on uncontrollable sperglettes

http://simulationcraft.org/reports/T22_Raid.html

Stop posting dumb !@#$. In the off chance a blizzard staff accidently clicks these forums instead of pet battles, the last thing we need is your "insight" on balance.
09/12/2018 09:52 PMPosted by Kîllawar
I respect your opinion,

None of what was stated here is really opinionated other than your own satisfaction in the class, which is showing the objective ignorance that you display for enjoying such an atrocious state.

It's like saying you like to eat garbage. Okay, like it all you want, but you have objectively terrible taste.

http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/T22_Raid.html

Not fine.

Look at the stats and talents , accurate. Charts are always right though. All those colors. A bee's d**k is bigger than the difference in dps. A bee's d**k.
And unless you can show me a pie chart (with color of coarse) of how what your saying in the previous post is TRUE or FACT, then I cant really take it for anything other than your OPINION on a Forum about DK discussion.

All I can say is that Blizzard is closer to agreeing with me, than you, by the FACT they haven't fixed the class. And I think we should enjoy it. (Opinion)
09/12/2018 10:07 PMPosted by Lynx
A bee's d**k is bigger than the difference in dps. A bee's d**k.

15,000 DPS to the 17,000-20,0000 dps differential between the top tiers is "a bee's ##@*%#@%"? Not only is this metaphor completely immature and degenerate, it's wrong.

Even by comparison to the lowest top-tier, that's a 7.5% DPS differential. If you add in the fact that you offer no utility, have less survivability, and less mobility - which affects your DPS all the more, because if you can't be in a position to do damage you're not going to deal damage - the class is atrocious. Worst-case - 15,000 to 20,000 - it is a whopping 33% DPS differential, which, again, doesn't take mobility and positioning into account because this is patchwerk-style charting.

You're advertising your ignorance in basic math and English at this point.

Sim charts are math. I'm sorry it's on a bar-scale instead of a pie-chart to accommodate your "chart standards" that are irrelevant to this conversation, but you might just have to get over it, because a bar graph is just as objective as a pie chart, if you didn't realize.

All I can say is that Blizzard is closer to agreeing with me, than you, by the FACT they haven't fixed the class. And I think we should enjoy it. (Opinion)

Blizzard either:
Doesn't know what they're doing.
Doesn't listen.
Has an ego problem and will not admit to their mistakes (past evidence of this suggests so).

To think that they "agree" with you is not only egotistical, it is wrong. Why? Because they don't know you, and furthermore, if they think the state of the game regarding DK's is fine now then you are the one agreeing with them, not the other way around. And, if you are "agreeing" with this atrocious state then you just prove with your "opinion" that you are just as ignorant as they are, because while an "opinion" is subjective the way in which you come to your "opinionated" conclusion isn't, and I can accurately say the methods with which you use to come to your own "opinionated" conclusion are bad by an objective standard.

You want to talk about "qualifications", I've played this class since it began - religiously, and I've been 2k+ in every season since then - back when ratings weren't inflated. You can claim 'not PvE!' but I did that too, and I can say without a shadow of a doubt that PvP requires more knowledge of one's character - as well as everyone else's - to be successful. I know what buttons I lost, I know which ones have been "pruned" and I can say, without a shadow-of-death doubt, this class is absolute trash right now, and the fact that you "think" it isn't, and try to blow it off as an "opinion", means you do not know what you are talking about.
pve wise I think unholy is the most ridiculous and worst made melee spec in the game.

we are a hybrid of melee and range with a 2 handed sword. our sound effects have no power to them. we shoot snot and have a tiny ghoul by our side. our goal is to give the enemy pimples and pop them.

low damage, low survivability and low mobility.

aoe is decent I guess
09/12/2018 10:23 PMPosted by Kîllawar

15,000 DPS to the 17,000-20,0000 dps differential between the top tiers is "a bee's ##@*%#@%"? Not only is this metaphor completely immature and degenerate, it's wrong.

Even by comparison to the lowest top-tier, that's a 7.5% DPS differential. If you add in the fact that you offer no utility, have less survivability, and less mobility - which affects your DPS all the more, because if you can't be in a position to do damage you're not going to deal damage - the class is atrocious. Worst-case - 15,000 to 20,000 - it is a whopping 33% DPS differential, which, again, doesn't take mobility and positioning into account because this is patchwerk-style charting.

Sim charts are math. I'm sorry it's on a bar-scale instead of a pie-chart to accommodate your "chart standards" that are irrelevant to this conversation, but you might just have to get over it, because a bar graph is just as objective as a pie chart, if you didn't realize.

Blizzard either:
Doesn't listen.
Has an ego problem and will not admit to their mistakes (past evidence of this suggests so).

To think that they "agree" with you is not only egotistical, it is wrong. Why? Because they don't know you, and furthermore, if they think the state of the game regarding DK's is fine now then you are the one agreeing with them, not the other way around. And, if you are "agreeing" with this atrocious state then you just prove with your "opinion" that you are just as ignorant as they are, because while an "opinion" is subjective the way in which you come to your "opinionated" conclusion isn't, and I can accurately say the methods with which you use to come to your own "opinionated" conclusion are bad by an objective standard.

You want to talk about "qualifications", I've played this class since it began - religiously, and I've been 2k+ in every season since then - back when ratings weren't inflated. You can claim 'not PvE!' but I did that too, and I can say without a shadow of a doubt that PvP requires more knowledge of one's character - as well as everyone else's - to be successful. I know what buttons I lost, I know which ones have been "pruned" and I can say, without a shadow-of-death doubt, this class is absolute trash right now, and the fact that you "think" it isn't, and try to blow it off as an "opinion", means you do not know what you are talking about.

this is a fantastic post
Not sure if OP is one of those undercover Blizz employees we've been hearing so much about or if he's truly that ignorant.

Either way Dkfloppy and Kîllawar's comments made for an entertaining read.
09/12/2018 10:23 PMPosted by Kîllawar

Blizzard either:
Doesn't listen.

Sorry, I was trying to bring some sarcasm and humor to my tiny man brain thread (That has been taken way to seriously) about "PVE Unholy/DK is Awesome!" I'm glad your taking such interest in my opinion though, on the delusional chance a blizzard employee might read it with intent to make or break the game. Its quite the Wildstar in 2018 to have an opinion. No where in my post did I try to gloat about my video game resume and I certainly didn't insinuate everyone showing me who's is bigger. I'm just saying I like the class and features as is for PvE. If they wanna buff them, fine!

You and I will clearly never become lovers.... but there is plenty of DK in the forums who will give you a hate space for all the charts and graphs that haunt your dreams...
Good luck my friend.
It was nice popping into the DK forum today to see someone talking about how much they like playing the class rather than another thread talking about how much they don't :)

I understand that people have a lot of strong opinions when they feel like their favorite class isn't performing the way it should. And I haven't been playing a DK very long myself so I don't know how they handled before. But if Lynx wants to go play UH and have a grand ol' time doing it, then I hope he continues to do just that.

Does that mean DKs are perfect? Of course not. But one person saying they enjoy playing our class and then listing the reasons why they do is fairly innocuous in my opinion.
09/12/2018 11:57 PMPosted by Naevoris
It was nice popping into the DK forum today to see someone talking about how much they like playing the class rather than another thread talking about how much they don't :)

I understand that people have a lot of strong opinions when they feel like their favorite class isn't performing the way it should. And I haven't been playing a DK very long myself so I don't know how they handled before. But if Lynx wants to go play UH and have a grand ol' time doing it, then I hope he continues to do just that.

Does that mean DKs are perfect? Of course not. But one person saying they enjoy playing our class and then listing the reasons why they do is fairly innocuous in my opinion.

Starting to see the recipe for a DK post in BFA is mostly 1 Cup Salt and 1 Cup Dev-llusion.

Honestly I was thinking of someone coming into forums, like myself, trying to decide if they wanna play this class anymore or pick it up for BFA PVE...And maybe change a mind, that is all. Constantly seeing negative posts and stuff would scare alot of people away. I realize my opinion is probably not liked by most DKs lol.
09/12/2018 11:23 PMPosted by Lynx
Sorry, I was trying to bring some sarcasm and humor to my tiny man brain thread (That has been taken way to seriously) about "PVE Unholy/DK is Awesome!" I'm glad your taking such interest in my opinion though, on the delusional chance a blizzard employee might read it with intent to make or break the game. Its quite the Wildstar in 2018 to have an opinion. No where in my post did I try to gloat about my video game resume and I certainly didn't insinuate everyone showing me who's is bigger. I'm just saying I like the class and features as is for PvE. If they wanna buff them, fine!

You and I will clearly never become lovers.... but there is plenty of DK in the forums who will give you a hate space for all the charts and graphs that haunt your dreams...
Good luck my friend.

"Some sarcasm and humor" You legitimately tried to say that this class is fine, you weren't being sarcastic at all especially considering that you've actually tried to argue against people who know the class is garbage.

I'm not taking an interest in "your opinion" because of two reasons:
What you've said is hardly an opinion and is more along the lines of an incorrect statement.
I'm interested in people who might not be as informed on the class's state getting a glimpse of a comment that isn't comprised of delusionally "optimistic" (stupid) outlooks that lack all indicators of a logical being.

"It's quite the Wildstar 2018 to have an opinion!" I don't get this reference, but all right. Any dullard can say they have an "opinion", this post is proof of that, but what people seem to forget - you included - is that to come to an "opinion" (judgment) about something, one must have undergone a thought process to do so. A process is something objective, traceable, observable, and it's very plain to see that to come to the "opinion" that you have one must have a few missing hubcaps in their wheelhouse.

Nowhere in your post did you try to "gloat"? Really?

I respect your opinion, but you have no PvE experience and this clearly is specific to PvE , I feel like I made that clear. I don't need to look at your profile to figure that out.

Then what is this?

Take it from someone who's done just about everything in regards to this class since day one: It's trash. Objectively. If you like eating garbage, fine, but don't go around telling other people that you're not eating baby-diapers out of the Jhonson's dumpster when I can see the fetid trimmings of a Huggies' disposable strap dangling out of the corner of your jowls.

"Never be lovers" thankfully, because I have a few standards that you don't meet, one of which is the ability to differentiate between a fact an an opinion, the other is what you put in your mouth and, as a result, what comes out.

Though I suppose you can't help it, seeing as you've chosen to be a literal dog.

There's a difference between being optimistic and being delusional to the point that you're trying to make a burning building seem like a first-degree burn on a pinkie-toe. It's outright irresponsible to be sprouting this kind of nonsense because you're potentially confusing the people who may see DK posts and be swayed to think another way simply at first glance.

TLDR: stop spreading ignorance. It's bad.
Someone get this man a Mountain Dew. <---Assumed your gender
/sigh
Don't you realize the more you post the happier I'am and the more likely the Devs will have a chance of seeing this at the top of forum, inevitably resulting in no buffs in future patches, cause clearly, the "PVE UNHOLY IS AWESOME!" thread is the DK community's Top Choice.......**Reveals Disguise** I'm a Secret Demon Hunter main and set to destroy all DK and forever keep them on the bottom of your SIMULATED CHARTS... I would of gotten away with it too, If it weren't for you glaring red shirt guys and your punctual charts.
09/13/2018 01:11 AMPosted by Lynx
Don't you realize the more you post the happier I'am and the more likely the Devs will have a chance of seeing this at the top of forum, inevitably resulting in no buffs in future patches, cause clearly, the "PVE UNHOLY IS AWESOME!" thread is the DK community's Top Choice.......**Reveals Disguise** I'm a Secret Demon Hunter main and set to destroy all DK and forever keep them on the bottom of your SIMULATED CHARTS... I would of gotten away with it too, If it weren't for you glaring red shirt guys and your punctual charts.

Pseudo-intellectualism and a middle-schooler's level of depth "reverse psychology" thinking will not allow you to weasel out of what you've said. The likelihood of a dev seeing any other recent post is just as likely without the added deficit of them glancing at your title, reading your initial statement, and being done with it. The fact that you think a dev would take the time to read all of this is appalling and idealistic. I suggest a dose of realism and a retraction of "Xd meme/internet culture" references, because they do little more than make you look ignorant and unable to interact with someone normally due to a lack of sufficient social exposure.

Added ol' "RP cringe, I'm a secret xD main xP" makes your post more of an embarrassment than satire/closeted main of another class. The only thing this post could've accomplished would've been to spread ignorance had no one corrected you. I'm willing to bet you're saying the things you are now because the posters in this thread have made you realize how ignorant you actually are and yet you don't have the ego to admit when you're wrong, so you're just trying to find an alternate "out" to end the conversation.

Some actual social interaction might do you some good, as it'd teach you how to handle being wrong, as well as teach you how to approach things in a manner that wouldn't embarrass your parents/friends/family.
When will people on these forums understand that your own anecdotes mean absolutely nothing to class balance? If you're topping meters as Unholy, it doesn't mean the class is amazing, it means you're in a noob guild playing with bad players. Any spec can top the meters with bad players. Logs show Unholy is middle of the pack at best on all fights, and gets trashed by Frost DK on every single fight including AoE.

PS- You're 2/8 heroic and your logs are bad, so telling people to l2p and "get a good DK" is maybe not the smartest thing to be doing.
Go to ANY class forum right now and write you're satisfied with the class and enjoy playing it. People will flame you endlessly. People really think Blizzard comes here to base their gameplay decisions on what trolls complain about and will jump on any opposing ideas/thoughts to theirs. If you are that upset about a class in a game yet still play it for months on end you need help and not from Blizzard. :)