Let's Stop Complaining

General Discussion
All of us who are unhappy: Let's stop complaining.
Let's stop demanding change.
Let's stop saying we are quitting.
Let's stop giving the devs feedback.

Let the fanboys have the forums. Let them revel in topics like "Say something nice about the player above you" and "Rate that transmog" and such. I'm sure they will absolutely love hanging out here being all positive and happy. The forums will become a veritable heaven if we all leave and the fanboys and MVPs can just courteously compliment one-another all day long. Lol.

If Blizzard doesn't want to hear why people are quitting, then fine. Let them have crickets and falling sub numbers. And let their defenders enjoy their own company.

We all know that some of these ardent defenders will start complaining down the road once the first wave leaves.
09/13/2018 05:45 AMPosted by Spinster
If Blizzard doesn't want to hear why people are quitting, then fine.

When people unsub, they are given a chance to write on there why they're unsubbing.

Coming to the forums on top of that is just attention grabbing.

Which is fine, but lets just call it what it is.
I legitimately don’t think the devs care. There has been next to no communication about this expansion going back to Alpha. The forums were almost a carbon copy of what GD is right now, just a bit less hate and more constructive. Mostly complaints with a few Blizzknights rushing to the rescue.

I will hand it to them though, the marketing for this expansion was spot on.
09/13/2018 06:03 AMPosted by Xojae
There has been next to no communication about this expansion going back to Alpha.

Eh... The Q&A's say otherwise.

Maybe it doesn't address what YOU wanted them to... but you can't put out a blanket statement saying there's been NO communication.
09/13/2018 05:59 AMPosted by Revaks

When people unsub, they are given a chance to write on there why they're unsubbing.

When I unsubbed, it no longer gave an option to provide feedback. It was just like "ok, done".
fanboys

Good news for us, ladies. We can continue to do whatever.
09/13/2018 06:06 AMPosted by Revaks
09/13/2018 06:03 AMPosted by Xojae
There has been next to no communication about this expansion going back to Alpha.

Eh... The Q&A's say otherwise.

Maybe it doesn't address what YOU wanted them to... but you can't put out a blanket statement saying there's been NO communication.

The Q&As were mostly rehashing things we already knew. I suppose that is a form of communication? I would still classify it as “next to no” communication.

Feedback was still mostly ignored during testing and it really shows.
Let the fanboys have the forums.

The pessimists are as consistent as the optimists.

Spinster - you have been disgruntled for expansion after expansion. Just leave. You aren't interested in the game so why continue to hang around?

The:

All of us who are unhappy: Let's stop complaining.
Let's stop demanding change.
Let's stop saying we are quitting.
Let's stop giving the devs feedback.

Has nothing to do with any of that and, seemingly, has everything to do with a desire to wallowing in malcontent. Please go. Y'all make it difficult for people who aren't wildly biased towards being upset to leave feedback that actually gets noticed.

Its time to take action. Post your public goodbye rant and move on with your life.

Try unsubbing and tell me if it asks you. When I unsubbed to rest for a month, it didn't ask me. Neither when I unsubbed to pay with gold one month, it didn't ask me why I was unsubbing.

I recall it asked me once, in 2016 or early 2017.

Actually they don't. Get your facts straight. That feature was removed a long time ago.
The people that complain without feedback are just as bad as the 'everything is fine' people imo.
09/13/2018 06:10 AMPosted by Sephiram

Try unsubbing and tell me if it asks you. When I unsubbed to rest for a month, it didn't ask me. Neither when I unsubbed to pay with gold one month, it didn't ask me why I was unsubbing.

Only time I ever unsubbed was during Mists of Pandaria and I remember it asking me for feedback... if they changed that then my mistake!

No it doesn't. It used to but not anymore. I guess blizzard doesn't care why you're leaving. You'd think they would since they are a business and losing business is never good for a business LOL. But whatever, right?
09/13/2018 06:10 AMPosted by Sephiram
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Only time I ever unsubbed was during Mists of Pandaria and I remember it asking me for feedback... if they changed that then my mistake!

09/13/2018 06:11 AMPosted by Farnsadin
Actually they don't. Get your facts straight. That feature was removed a long time ago.

So I'm being told. It was there a long time ago, so that's unfortunate. My bad!
I WANT blizz to hear people and improve... I used to really really like this game and would really like to again. I don't even understand how this cold shoulder breakup would benefit you in any way? Like would the thought of an assumption that Blizzard might be making *slightly* less money for a few quarters of a year really help you sleep better at night? Also I enjoy reading peoples rants and complaints lol
09/13/2018 06:13 AMPosted by Revaks

The change is not that old, it's normal as not many people unsubs to notice the change. It is ok.

In fact, I didn't even realize they didn't ask me until someone pointed it on the forums and I was like "Oh, it's true."

Apparently this isn't true anymore. I unsubbed 2 days ago and was NOT promoted to provide feedback in any way shape or form. There was no dropdown to choose a reason, and no text input field to type a reason.

I've seen it in the past, but this time there was nothing for me.

Anyway, I suspect at this point Blizzard already knows the reason:
The game is not fun. The game is boring. The content is terrible.

They've heard it all at this point.

they actualy tell you to go to the forums and say why you unsubbed.
09/13/2018 06:09 AMPosted by Mvura
Y'all make it difficult for people who aren't wildly biased towards being upset to leave feedback that actually gets noticed.

And how's that working out for you? Has any of your feedback made a difference?

That is not always the case. According to many people here, the option to leave feedback when unsubbing has been disabled currently.