Pet Pathing in BfA

Hunter
What happened to pet pathing in 8.0? I have had tons of issues with pets not following properly and no path exists errors, plus now clicking the pet passive button no longer causes pets to unstick or warp down from cliffs. I think this is the worst that pet AI has ever been.
Honestly they need to add a teleport to the pets.

If pets reach a certain range from us and are not currently CC'd or on "Stay" or "Move to" orders, they should instantly reappear at our side. Our pets are too important to us to be subjected to the whims of the collision boxes and art team.

Perhaps they should additionally add a debuff called "Cautious" to the pet that prevents the teleportation from occurring for 30s after being hit by CC to be fair in PvP environs.
What they need to do is make the pet react to 40 yard range of the hunter no matter how far away the pet is. Right now pet moves seem to work 40 yards from the pet. That means after 40 yards from the hunter the pet will now ignore the hunters commands. The pet pathing in bfa is terrible, i mean horrid compared to even legion. My pet has a mind of its own even with macros.
I don't feel like the pathing issues are new for bfa. I noticed that there were problems in legion and that's when I started playing wow.

Doesn't make it any less annoying.
Pathing issues with pets are a whole lot worse with BFA. They were never great before, but something is definitely wrong.

Yesterday I sent my Core Hound ahead to attack something up some stairs on a ship. Had to dismiss him while fighting the mob because the idiot doggo managed to somehow get stuck IN the stairs. When I saw him only his heads were sticking out.

Something needs to be fixed here. :(
Dunno what you guys are smoking. Pet pathing is the best its been since WoW released. Im so happy that they can jump off ledges now.
Gotta disagree, Alerka. They broke the old stance-swap teleport, which up until now had papered over a whole host of problems. Now when your pet gets stuck, it's *stuck.*

The final fight of the siege of boralus is a fine example. There are gripping tentacle locations the pets literally cannot get to. And they'll get stuck and require a dismiss/resummon trying to get there.

Even our frost mage has been having issues this expansion, though a lot fewer, since his pet is ranged.
the dungeons where pet pathing is an issue is siege of boralus, shrine of the storm, atal dazar if dropping into rezan's pit. Basically if theres a ledge or something that you drop down and theres no other way down, your pet will get stuck and not teleport to you.

raid areas where pets get stuck, before taloc , ghuun ledge before dropping down.
09/17/2018 07:08 AMPosted by Trelayn
Pathing issues with pets are a whole lot worse with BFA. They were never great before, but something is definitely wrong.

Yesterday I sent my Core Hound ahead to attack something up some stairs on a ship. Had to dismiss him while fighting the mob because the idiot doggo managed to somehow get stuck IN the stairs. When I saw him only his heads were sticking out.

Something needs to be fixed here. :(

My pets get stuck on stairs ALL the time. It is so freaking annoying.
09/17/2018 03:53 AMPosted by Tinkerrific
I don't feel like the pathing issues are new for bfa. I noticed that there were problems in legion and that's when I started playing wow.

Pet pathing has been bad since vanilla, its just a part of the game at this point.
10/03/2018 11:53 AMPosted by Oakttg
09/17/2018 03:53 AMPosted by Tinkerrific

Pet pathing has been bad since vanilla, its just a part of the game at this point.

Seems worse actually. Well, worse in BGs. It was NEVER this bad in battle grounds.