Other ways WoW can borrow from Diablo 3

General Discussion
So many of us know world quests and timed dungeon runs were added to the game in Legion after their massive success in helping turn Diablo 3 around. So now, I will suggest two more way we can incorporate some of those systems into World of Warcraft.

1. A system similar to the Kanai's Cube. In Diablo 3, Kanai's Cube lets you do a lot of stuff, but one of the best uses I had for it was reforging a legendary. After you gathered some resources and disenchanted some items, you could then go and reforge one of your legendary items, hoping that it would roll better stats. I think a similar system to this should be implemented for Azerite armor. You could gather the resources from world quests and scrap some of your unneeded azerite pieces to get materials needed to reforge your Azerite armor if it happened to not have the traits you wanted. This will help people who get a high level Azerite armor piece feel like they have something to work towards if the piece they got did not have the traits they wanted. They can hold on to that piece and continually reforge it, hoping to get better traits, just like people do in D3.

2. Rifts in Diablo are like keystone dungeons in Wow (or is it the other way around, since rifts came first?). Another system added to D3 was the weekly challenge rift. This gives everyone in the game the same character with the same armor the exact same rift to run for one week. Players challenge themselves to be the fastest to complete the rift and there are weekly leaderboards with who completed the rift the fastest. Players can't take this character outside of the rift and can't change its gear or talents. So now, my suggestion for how this system can be implemented into Wow. Each week, players would sign up sign up for the challenge in a group of 5. Players would not be allowed to change this group for the duration of the week, but could group up with different players the next week. Each player in the group is randomly assigned a role and class and spec. So even if you just love to dps on your BM hunter, some weeks you might get assigned to be a disc priest, while another week you might get assigned to be a blood DK. All gear would be pre-set, and not be allowed to be changed. Talents, however, could be changed. So how would the challenge work? The challenge would to be to complete a weekly, predetermined, high level keystone by the end of the week with the group of 5 you signed up with. This could be a +10 or a +15, whatever seems to fit the challenge. So for example, one week the challenge might be to complete a Waycrest +15 in time, and the next week it would be to complete a Temple +15 in time, and so on. Players would be allowed to practice on an unlimited amount of lower keystones, but once they decide to try the +15 (or +10 or whatever), they only get a limited amount of attempts. After the week is over, if the group completed the weekly challenge, they get some small reward. After the season is over, if a player (not group since this can change week to week) has completed a certain amount of weekly challenges, they get something bigger (a title, mount, transmog, etc...you know we love these).

I think a system like this would really help the "alt problem" currently in game. People want to play this game but at a certain point for some people, they literally just run out of things to do on their mains. They want to play their alt, but just can't do it when they look at the mountain of grind they have to climb again. Randomly assigning people roles and classes and specs would keep the game feeling fresh and challenging.

I think these two systems, if implemented, would keep people playing the game we all love to play. Let me know your thoughts below.
We should just take Diablo 3, and push it into WoW!
Why would we want to burrow anything from D3?
We could also have seasons where you get a few months to level a char from 1 with no heirlooms/gold/items/anything from other characters on your account, and you see how much raid progression you can get before the season ends!
WoW has already been borrowing from D3. Just look at the two examples I provided at the beginning of my post. And I am pretty sure some of the developers who helped turn D3 around were then brought in for Legion.
I think I've seen more complaints about WoW having too much stuff from D3 in it - and not being done as well or not working as well in WoW because they aren't the same type of game.

If I want to play D3 I just go and play it.

If the goal is something for alts to do, I think making professions fun and useful would be something they could (and should) do. Having real player housing that all the characters on your account could use and add to would take up tons of time especially if coupled with new professions, but it won't ever happen.

Neither of these 2 things appeal to me but they may to some people.
Honestly I feel like World of Warcraft's incessant borrowing from Diablo 3 is exactly why I don't enjoy it as much anymore. Talents are the same, loot is the same, and even spells are the same.

At this point I may as well play Diablo 3. It does grinding way better than World of Warcraft does.
Necromancers!
Action based combat system
Inexplicably remove arena.
09/16/2018 08:30 AMPosted by Tovi
Why would we want to burrow anything from D3?

Legion borrowed a lot, actually. Considering most of the D3 Dev team moved to WoW.
WoW should borrow nothing from diablo at all. The two games are completely separate in what they are, and the audience they appeal to.
09/16/2018 09:09 AMPosted by Khlorós
WoW should borrow nothing from diablo at all. The two games are completely separate in what they are, and the audience they appeal to.

Again, they already have been, so it's too late to say they shouldn't.
09/16/2018 09:13 AMPosted by Ophiceline
09/16/2018 09:09 AMPosted by Khlorós

We shouldn't burrow any more then. Better?
09/16/2018 09:15 AMPosted by Tovi
09/16/2018 09:13 AMPosted by Ophiceline

We shouldn't burrow any more then. Better?

We should put the fork down and stop eating the lard that is Diablo. Titan and warforgeing were already a horrible addition to this game. Random personal loot, was a horrible thing in this game. We should stop looking at diablo like its a good system.
PvE seasons and seasonal rewards.
Okay, so other than saying the systems in Diablo or WoW are trash, does anyone have any criticisms on the systems I suggested? Would they be something you would enjoy seeing in the game?