Almost two months in, how are you feeling?

Wyrmrest Accord
I was really expecting the upcoming patch to drop the other two named allied races. Kind of a disappointment that they're not coming with the content. I'm looking forward to the upcoming data mining soon - hopefully that will show us something good.
It's a good expansion thus far. I like the content theme alot better than Legion. The return to WC3-esque faction rivalry really warms my bones and really scratches the itch that I have been having since Cata.

The WQ system is a huge investment of time but I believe it is still better than the Daily Quest system, the efficiency of getting quests to you and of you just auto-accepting them was a huge leap forward.

Warfronts are a small step forward, not perfect but nowhere near the level of failure Ashran was. They need maybe a little bit more incentive behind them and maybe more difficulty to make them a really essential part of the expansion, other than that, not bad.

Island Expeditions are a good time, if only because they exemplify what AP essentially was in Legion, a long power-grind. But I think it's awesome Blizz has decided to expand the world lore a bit with the Island Expeditions quests. That sort of worldbuilding and filling in of the background lore is EXACTLY what the game needs, but sadly that's not a high priority of the investors so I don't expect this to return anytime soon.

The rated PVP is good. So far, Arms Warriors seem like the only choice for Warriors for serious rated PVP (as it's always been, much to my disdain), not really much to say on that. We're not dealing with any new classes at the moment so there's no obvious FOTM new expac class floating around. The comps I've run into in 3s seem varied. Haven't touched RBGs, don't really plan to unless I get the urge for a title. Haven't touched Raids either. I like how you can just gear up through PVP now and it won't be lesser than the PVE stuff. Step in the right direction.

Ironically the only problem I do have is with War Mode. Fundamentally, I have a problem with them trying to regulate World PVP because it was always something that was meant to be left alone to people who were interested in it. Before it was really a niche thing only a few PVPers really participated in, and most people who didn't just kind of sat there and /sighed at you while you ganked them in their PVP world quests. Now it just seems to be left to every Jack and Jill to do a premade group and rove around ganking people on their WQs and then having 20 minute conversations on how they "le epic pwned" someone. I've even heard horror stories of people bragging about it on twitter. God knows what kind of mental state those people are in. WPVP back in the day just used to be fun that you would be casual and chill about. Now it seems people view themselves as good at PVP because they have killed someone in WPVP. Unsure how I feel about it. I thought the flagging system was good and they need to leave it alone.

Other than that, solid expansion. Shaping up to be alot like Legion in terms of quality and content, and I am pleased.
I enjoyed the surprises in the Horde story. They kind of irked me at first, but I like them now.

I like that we spent all that time and effort to raise a single guy, only for “the friends we made along the way” (Zelling & Stone) to prove significantly more valuable. I like that Zelling is incredibly powerful, but also pretty reluctant to use it, and is even a pacifist towards the Alliance player. He needs voice acting and, honestly, should have been in the Storms dungeon instead of Rexxar. I hope they follow through on his family as well.

I was also surprised to start liking Nathanos. They characterized him as a Darth Vader - yes, Sylvanas is evil, but he doesn’t see it, and genuinely believes she has the Horde’s best interest at heart and that the Alliance are evil. It was a surprise to hear him unironically say “Go with honor!” I just hope they don’t pull a Nazgrim with him when he finally realizes the truth about Sylvanas.

I still like the concept of Vulpera, but I think they should’ve stayed the main focus of Vol’dun, because the Sethrakk main story is shaky. Also, they need better voices. A character like Meerah is fine, but Nisha should’ve had something grittier.
I liked the vulpera voices. Apparently I'm the only one.
09/19/2018 07:07 PMPosted by Azhaar
I liked the vulpera voices. Apparently I'm the only one.

Meerah was adorable, but it’s just so weird hearing them talk about serious and gritty subjects in those tones.
“How can anyone survive in dis heat?”
“Oh they don’t! They usually die.”
It’s just... almost feels like a joke they weren’t going for? Like Brightwing in HotS, but not as a joke.
Vulpera seemed pretty cut and dry, more incidental than anything when it comes to tone?
I like the Vulpera, but I agree that the Sethrak are kind of generic bad guys.

I actually liked their original iteration of being desert-dwellers trying to expand their empire. The concept of being a nascent power trying to grow a thriving population was one of the more interesting parts of Garrosh's motivations.

I suppose the idea of being another villain in quest of nebulous power is more digestible, but it's not as interesting.
I didn't mind the Vulpera voices as much as the turtles'.
Vulpera were pretty boring. So were the Sethrakk. I thought Vol'dun stood out as a rather poor entry, considering Nazmir and Zuldazar were probably the better two of the zones introduced, with the exception of Drustvar, which had some interesting bits. Shame they kind of !@#$ed the aesthetic over with a giant iceberg in the middle.
09/19/2018 07:29 PMPosted by Borgg
I didn't mind the Vulpera voices as much as the turtles'.

The Tortollans are the best part of BfA and I will defend them forever.
09/19/2018 07:33 PMPosted by Enekie
The Tortollans are the best part of BfA

big oof
I want Tortollans in every port city.

I don’t know what it is, but Tortollans feel like they’ve always been present in WoW, despite only appearing recently in two continents. Not counting HS.

It makes me want them retroactively added to places.
I want Tortollans in every port.

My body is ready.
I'm having a blast doing old content, I tell you what.
All I know is that tone-deaf vulpera singing about her llamas and friendship was the best thing in WoW.
09/19/2018 11:21 PMPosted by Azhaar
All I know is that tone-deaf vulpera singing about her llamas and friendship was the best thing in WoW.

Meerah: singing girl
Nisha: killing girl
Kiro: leader guy

Most brutal criticism I've seen of BfA so far
09/20/2018 07:11 AMPosted by Miko

Most brutal criticism I've seen of BfA so far

The cycle of life can be cruel.
09/17/2018 09:03 PMPosted by Rarok
The game sucks.

I'd rather just do transmog than play what weird gameplay blizz has laid out for players to progress in.