ELI5 "Earn X Exalted Reputations" account wide?

General Discussion
1 2 3 10 Next
Does this mean for example I'm halfway through honored with 7th legion on this toon. If I get on another alt and level through the 3 zones doing the questline that also give 7th legion rep that will count towards rep on this toon as well and I should be revered? Or vice versa all my alts should be halfway honored when they enter bfa?
I am pretty sure it would only count unique reputations that are exalted on specific toons.

If you are exalted on 52 reputations on Toon A, and 18 *different* ones on Toon B, then that would count as 70 exalted reps total.
09/18/2018 01:00 PMPosted by Dårk
Does this mean for example I'm halfway through honored with 7th legion on this toon. If I get on another alt and level through the 3 zones doing the questline that also give 7th legion rep that will count towards rep on this toon as well and I should be revered? Or vice versa all my alts should be halfway honored when they enter bfa?

Reputation gains aren't account wide.
09/18/2018 01:03 PMPosted by Akston
I am pretty sure it would only count unique reputations that are exalted on specific toons.

If you are exalted on 52 reputations on Toon A, and 18 *different* ones on Toon B, then that would count as 70 exalted reps total.

well i got the 7th legion exalted achi already on my dk than faction swapped to get honorbound achi converted too so come patch means I won't have to grind honorbound/7th legion rep on all my alts to unlock class hall upgrades?
Rep won't be account wide, just the tracker for the achievements.

So, for example I have 84 reps on this character and then I get the 6 BfA reps on my mage I would have 90 exalted reps total.

It's just for the achievement. My paladin would not have exalted with the reps I got on my mage and my mage would not have exalted with the reps I got on my paladin.

Rep gain won't be account wide, however progress towards the achievement will.

Say for example I have Character A that I haven't touched since Wrath, that has all of the previous reps exalted (not using exact numbers here just making an example). Let's say we have 20 reputations at exalted on this character that are unique.

Now I play Character B that I haven't touched those reps with, because I just don't want to grind them again. Let's say this character has 40 unique reputations that Character A doesn't have at exalted. Since its the highest progressed character the achievement only looks at this character. Meaning that I just have 40 reps as far as the achievement is concerned.

Now once I've logged into both of those characters when this change is added into the game, I will then receive credit towards the achievement tracker and I would now show as having 60 reputations on that achievement. So I effectively don't have to go back and get those reps again, unless I want to make my Rep window look pretty.
Hey, will this apply to 7th Legion / Honorbound unlocks for Dark Iron / Kul'Tirans as well? I just managed to get Exalted with Honorbound. I'd love to get Dark Irons but the idea of regrinding that all over again makes my head spin.
I assume this will allow me to get credit for Aldor/Scryer and Oracles/Frenzyheart that I have on different characters.

What happens to faction-specific reputations? Say that I have Stormwind Exalted on this character, and Orgrimmar Exalted on a Horde character. Does this count as 1 reputation (since they "mirror" each other), or two reputations?

edit:
09/18/2018 05:38 PMPosted by Bornakk
09/18/2018 01:52 PMPosted by Worgon

Do you have any info on how Reps that you have to pick 1 of two will count? like oracles/frenzyheart and scryers/aldor? if I have 2 characters 1 with each does it count as 2 or do only 1 of the reps count.

It should count as 1. The intention is not to nerf the achievement or raise the number of reps you can have exalted at once, just to make it ease the burdens of alts/character-switching.

I'm, much less excited about this change now.
09/18/2018 01:27 PMPosted by Ythisens

Say for example I have Character A that I haven't touched since Wrath, that has all of the previous reps exalted (not using exact numbers here just making an example). Let's say we have 20 reputations at exalted on this character that are unique.

Now I play Character B that I haven't touched those reps with, because I just don't want to grind them again. Let's say this character has 40 unique reputations that Character A doesn't have at exalted. Since its the highest progressed character the achievement only looks at this character. Meaning that I just have 40 reps as far as the achievement is concerned.

Now once I've logged into both of those characters when this change is added into the game, I will then receive credit towards the achievement tracker and I would now show as having 60 reputations on that achievement. So I effectively don't have to go back and get those reps again, unless I want to make my Rep window look pretty.

Any word on how it will treat faction exclusive reps?

It's a start, but the reason I'd like account-wide rep is to give players the option of being able to continue progression on a rep by working on an alt in lieu of just grinding rep on their main for the sake of grinding rep. Leveling an alt and benefiting from the rep gains passively is more engaging and rewarding than grinding rep for it's own sake.
09/18/2018 01:40 PMPosted by Farora

It won't overlap is what Ion said. So I guess if you have exalted with the 7th Legion and exalted with The Honourbound, it'll only count as 1 and not 2.
unless I want to make my Rep window look pretty.

Not gonna lie this is my primary motivation for grinding reps, unicorn be damned.

I need my bars to all be green.

They will uniquely act as a singular rep to avoid double credit, similar with how mounts are tracked.

So if you have exalted 7th Legion on your Alliance character, and exalted with Honorbound on your Horde. Then your account only has credit for 1 of those 2 reps in the achievement tracker. Account wise they're the same rep.
09/18/2018 01:41 PMPosted by Nearo
It's a start, but the reason I'd like account-wide rep is to give players the option of being able to continue progression on a rep by working on an alt in lieu of just grinding rep on their main for the sake of grinding rep. Leveling an alt and benefiting from the rep gains passively is more engaging and rewarding than grinding rep for it's own sake.

the problem with that, is it also means using alts gets you to exalted faster than not using them

I think systems like one in mists make more sense, where rep gain on alts will be 100% faster after you unlock reward on main to enable said bonus. But honestly I think it should be 200% and instead of being unlocked at revered, unlocked at exalted, cause in mists it didn't make much sense that getting exalted took LESS rep than getting revered because you unlocked the 100% bonus BEFORE you even finished main.
09/18/2018 01:44 PMPosted by Ythisens

They will uniquely act as a singular rep to avoid double credit, similar with how mounts are tracked.

So if you have exalted 7th Legion on your Alliance character, and exalted with Honorbound on your Horde. Then your account only has credit for 1 of those 2 reps in the achievement tracker. Account wise they're the same rep.

Does that mean if you're Exalted with one, it would qualify to unlock the opposing Allied Race?
Its a progress, but Rep should be account wide.
09/18/2018 01:44 PMPosted by Omegall
09/18/2018 01:41 PMPosted by Nearo

the problem with that, is it also means using alts gets you to exalted faster than not using them

I think systems like one in mists make more sense, where rep gain on alts will be 100% faster after you unlock reward on main to enable said bonus. But honestly I think it should be 200% and instead of being unlocked at revered, unlocked at exalted, cause in mists it didn't make much sense that getting exalted took LESS rep than getting revered because you unlocked the 100% bonus BEFORE you even finished main.

Exactly. If they allowed you to progress on the same reputation with your alts then reps would be gained far too quickly.

In addition, if this were the case then rep rewards would likely be lowered to compensate. Instead of getting 75 Rep a World Quest we might get 20. It would also hurt people who did not have alts at all which would be awful for someone like me who likely won't have an alt for a majority of the expansion.

Ok so what I'm really trying to ask is the 'Requires at least five War Champions' to get Local Transportation (aka complete the storyline and get revered with 7th legion/honorbound) only need to be done once per faction after the change.

If you've reach exalted with both honorbound and 7th legion on your mains? Or do I need to grind that rep on each alt in order to progress through the Order Advancement tiers?
unless I want to make my Rep window look pretty

You know that us reputation hunters *need* to make all those bars full and even, right?

Since we're talking about rep, how about letting us fill those old ooold reps from vanilla that show up on our list but incomplete cuz the faction went away (like the Shelanwatevs in Dire Maul). The OCD whines every time I open the rep window.

This is perfect, thank you!