Nothing wrong about the Dreadwake Mount

General Discussion
As a guy who did the yearly subscription for Tyreal's Charger, guaranteed MoP beta and a free copy of Diablo III, there's nothing wrong about this

You all are blowing it out of proportion.

Quitting over a mount... Saying it's a panic mode...

My sub has always been $15 since 2008, I stayed subbed during Cataclysm and WoD when content was dry.

I have bought over 50 WoW tokens to sell for gold, this is nothing.

If you are seriously upset about it because you don't want to spend money..... You could just you know... Buy 6 WoW tokens with gold and convert it to blizzard credit then buy it

If you don't like it.... Then don't get it
lmao why do you feel the need to include all your "accolades." the last sentence would have sufficed
"Coming from someone who eats this stuff up and will pay for anything blizz throws my way..." yea, some people think it's lame that other games use either a subscription base model, or a cash shop model, but blizz knows people like you will pay for both. It's lame.
09/19/2018 11:56 AMPosted by You

Buying this mount tells Blizzard that everything terrible about their game is okay and that you'll play it and shut up in exchange for a hastily-slapped together store mount.
It sinks in the water.

0/10 boat.
This issue is exacerbated by the fact the Alliance didn't get any thought put into their reputation mounts or world drops within Kul'Tiras. Seeing a mount like this being tied to a pay wall while also having already seen the Horde get all unique mounts just leaves a bad taste in people's mouths.

I think it's fair for people to be upset. I am more so disappointed. I'm not going to stop playing and I am among the few who actually enjoy this expansion but that's not to say that some things haven't bothered me.
There is a good reason to be mad about it.

People payed for BFA, expecting a finished product. On the specific element of mounts, it's clear that blizz reaaaally phoned it in in some specific cases. (100 rep mount, alliance rep mounts).

Seeing them putting effort into additional things to sell to us when they didn't even finish the thing they already DID sell to us is a bit upsetting.
tl;dr = "If it's not a problem for me, it's obviously not a problem for anyone else".
@ OP

If you're enjoying the game, and think that you will continue to enjoy this kind of content, good! I hope you do.

However, if you think that it's a coincidence that they are pushing this promotion, immediately after pushing their Recruit-a-Friend promotion, you're wrong.
As a guy who did the yearly subscription for Tyreal's Charger, guaranteed MoP beta and a free copy of Diablo III, there's nothing wrong about this

My sub has always been $15 since 2008, I stayed subbed during Cataclysm and WoD when content was dry.

If you are seriously upset about it because you don't want to spend money..... You could just you know... Buy 6 WoW tokens with gold and convert it to blizzard credit then buy it

I’m more upset about the timing. 6 months of sub is literally nothing for anyone who makes above minimum wage. But the ripple effect will decrease any incentive blizz has to fix their !@#$ product because so many people will be locked in for 6 months.
You know the actual likely reason for this is that they've had them in the works and done for awhile but wanted to be thematic and release them on Pirate day.
09/19/2018 12:06 PMPosted by Zunde
You know the actual likely reason for this is that they've had them in the works and done for awhile but wanted to be thematic and release them on Pirate day.

Ya I bet hahahahahah you guys would believe/defend blizzard to the very end
09/19/2018 12:07 PMPosted by Krakenclub

Ya I bet hahahahahah you guys would believe/defend blizzard to the very end

Yes yes call me a white knight and a shill and flail about with your foam flecked ad hominems. I'll be happy to pat you on the head like the adorable little professional victim you strive to be.

Everyone is entlitled to their own opinion so here is mine. I dont care. I just feel like they are doing it in hopes that people sub so BFA isnt screwed. It kinda already is tho.
Youve spent $1000 on blizzard tokens? =0 Now, I'm lucky enough to make enough money to spend on my hobbies as I please, but this just seems odd to me.
09/19/2018 11:58 AMPosted by Ifartpollen
lmao why do you feel the need to include all your "accolades." the last sentence would have sufficed

paying for a sub is an 'accolade'? ok....
They'd get more interest if they slapped an auctioneer and a mogger on it. Just sayin'.
09/19/2018 12:12 PMPosted by Burgh
Youve spent $1000 on blizzard tokens? =0 Now, I'm lucky enough to make enough money to spend on my hobbies as I please, but this just seems odd to me.
Within 3 years yeah I have paid that much for WoW tokens to sell for gold

Then why not put it up for $25 instead of only tying it to 6 months sub? You clearly don't understand the desperation they are seeing on their side if they do this.
09/19/2018 12:14 PMPosted by Scelen

Then why not put it up for $25 instead of only tying it to 6 months sub? You clearly don't understand the desperation they are seeing on their side if they do this.

The mount was going to be a double blade sword no matter what

If it was $25 then everyone would have been like

"See I told you guys, Blizzard's putting a mount on the shop because they need more money lol!!!"