Healing Mythic+

Druid
09/19/2018 09:21 PMPosted by Bearcatbull
you wont Feral, Guardian and Restoration are so broken. None of them can do above Heroic currently. You might and I say might get into a group as Boomkin if lucky.

I push 22k+hps on nasty trash packs this week around 6-8. What are you talking about? Resto is fine. Group with better players.
09/21/2018 01:42 PMPosted by Catchmyleafs
09/19/2018 09:21 PMPosted by Bearcatbull
you wont Feral, Guardian and Restoration are so broken. None of them can do above Heroic currently. You might and I say might get into a group as Boomkin if lucky.

I push 22k+hps on nasty trash packs this week around 6-8. What are you talking about? Resto is fine. Group with better players.

I was pulling 25k in waycrest today but that doesn't mean anything, I routinely get passed over for a paladin/priest/monk.
Some pulls are 'impossible' if your tank decides to try and facetank like they'd do on lower keys. Teeming requires them to kite like it's a necrotic week. They will be taking way too much damage extremely fast if they let everything hit them at once.

Also this week might make more sense to have more ranged in group because of this and quaking as well. I'd really only do guild runs if you can, pugging this week is kinda hellish
09/21/2018 04:46 PMPosted by Lamigra
09/21/2018 01:42 PMPosted by Catchmyleafs

I was pulling 25k in waycrest today but that doesn't mean anything, I routinely get passed over for a paladin/priest/monk.

This isn’t a Druid healing problem but a player problem.
09/22/2018 04:07 PMPosted by Cachik

More of a reply to the dude who was saying what his HPS was. At this point druids have to work harder and depend on their team not eat !@#$ more than other classes.

It's not uncommon that players have some bias for or against certain classes, however, Resto Druids really have it pretty good on this subject.

Most wanted healers for M+: https://strawpoll.com/de3rr61c
Most un-wanted healers for M+: https://strawpoll.com/e7z8dzy2

The sample is not too large I agree but it shows a clear trend.

09/22/2018 04:15 PMPosted by Lamigra
At this point druids have to work harder and depend on their team not eat !@#$ more than other classes.

Lol, you can go to literally any of the class forums and find someone doing this same comment for their corresponding class.

Truth is, all healers struggle when the group doesn't do mechanics properly. It's usually also the same pulls when groups tend to fail so if you are pugging just assume the group will fail and be ready, if they don't, well, great no harm done.
7+ this week is an absolute nightmare for all healers, not just druids. especially on movement fights where you already have limited windows to heal, then you throw that quake silence on top. Purely rage inducing.
09/22/2018 04:15 PMPosted by Drippinganus
<span class="truncated">...</span>

More of a reply to the dude who was saying what his HPS was. At this point druids have to work harder and depend on their team not eat !@#$ more than other classes.

I said what my HPS was like and that it feels solid.

I just watched the first +15 stream where the monk was hitting 20k+hps on hard trash packs. Here you all complain about numbers and ignore simple facts:

1. Your dps are not up to par. Healers are last in terms of importance in regards to hardcore progression.

2. You are not doing mechanics correctly; or your dps/tank isnt. If you can dispel or avoid a 4k hps 'gain', you should do so.

3. Im not just saying what my hps is. Im pointing to the fact that the class is solid and that you can't expect to carry people through them not playing correctly.

Is that really so difficult to comprehend? This forum is just full of people who should just reroll and stop posting. There are legitimate grievances with the spec but output is not one in Myth+.

Kbye.

Edit: I completely zoned on the second half of your post. Of course we work harder you goofus. We are resto druids. We MUST prehot incoming damage. We MUST understand mechanics to know when that occurs. You don't like having to put up with that (at great reward, mind you), play a reactive healer. It's really not complicated. Been playing since BC and class has always been this way.
09/23/2018 06:09 AMPosted by Balanced
7+ this week is an absolute nightmare for all healers, not just druids. especially on movement fights where you already have limited windows to heal, then you throw that quake silence on top. Purely rage inducing.

I don’t find quaking to be much of a problem. Especially if you have a quaking WA and use incarn.
Pugging keys this week is rough because people are stupid with quaking, I've had tanks decide to pull large packs right after a quaking hit and die because couldn't take 2 seconds to heal up or whatever.

The problem is tanks are either stupid and don't properly know how to kite and use their cooldowns or dps is god awful, like I ran with a hunter in M0 that did sub 3k on trash packs. How is that even possible?

Unfortunately, healers get the blame when the group wipes when 9 times out of 10 it's because incompetent dps couldn't kill the trash packs before the tanks cooldowns wear off or they just stand in fire and expect us to be able to burst up after a quaking hit.

But this is not a resto druid problem, actually we're pretty good on quaking weeks with our instants. I'd try not to get frustrated and just shake off the bad experiences.
I have the most success with double swiftmend and soul of the forest for 4 huge heals or 2 huge heals and 2 big party wide heals. I prefer it over a 3 min cd tree form.
I'm not liking healing Mythics this expansion either.

Having done Challenge Modes and well past a 15 key last expansion, I feel like I'm having a hard time with just a +5 right now. Granted some of that is my group failing to interrupt or bad tank pulls - but I've always been able to be like "Eh, that's OK - I can heal through this".

Hah, not really anymore......
09/24/2018 05:19 AMPosted by Melfuriah
I'm not liking healing Mythics this expansion either.

Having done Challenge Modes and well past a 15 key last expansion, I feel like I'm having a hard time with just a +5 right now. Granted some of that is my group failing to interrupt or bad tank pulls - but I've always been able to be like "Eh, that's OK - I can heal through this".

Hah, not really anymore......

This is basically what I'm going through. I've played my druid and other healers for 10+ years. I've never had an issue healing content. Even in arena I was able to at least manage 2k in every season. I was able to out heal situations where people would stand in fires or ignore boss mechanics.
Now, it seems like 1 bad pull and it's an auto wipe. I haven't gotten blamed for anything yet but, I know that's generally how it goes. It just feels night and day compared to playing my paladin or priest.
I am not a new healer but new to Druid - about 2 weeks in dungeons. I just healed a +4 at 336 IL with zero issues. I was pretty relieved that it was so easy because I feel like 336 is kind of under leveled for +4. A good group obviously will require a lot less healing so that is a big variable.

I mostly just follow Icy dungeon suggestions. Germination so far seems like the best dungeon talent so you want to use it (and track it) as much as possible. I have had no mana issues so far and I hot pretty liberally. I have only even needed to use innervate once on the last boss in Temple.

I would suggest using an addon like Grid2. You can customize this so each party frame tells you when certain hots are active. It makes it a lot easier to visually see what is going.
Run with a group that knows gow to interrupt and m+ should be easy. Im only running +10s now and it feels like healing mythic 0 dungeons. In also running an unpopular trait build (grove tending with 2 fungal essence) and i have 0 problems. Get abundance and keep rejuvs up on everyone and spam regrowth on the tank if you need to keep him up. For aoe heals you have wildgroeth, tranq (and for me, flourish).

If you want to see big regrowth crits, go sotf and abundance. Mine can crit for 140k which is the entire tanks Hp bar. Really fun in m+