DH damage

Arenas
Omegalul?
They need to up the damage on meta and increase the cooldown or something. Anything. These guys apply a high amount of never ending pressure playing what is arguably (or probably not) the most mongoloid class in the game. You shouldn't be rewarded for tunneling one person like a zombie but... there it is.
09/20/2018 11:59 PMPosted by Sqwibbles
They need to up the damage on meta and increase the cooldown or something. Anything. These guys apply a high amount of never ending pressure playing what is arguably (or probably not) the most mongoloid class in the game. You shouldn't be rewarded for tunneling one person like a zombie but... there it is.
lets not forget the 100% dodge after blade dance and having every type of cc there is. Stun snare cyclone type abilty. Think they have a silence. To much movment to kite. But they are squishy and can be cc and globaled. Oh yeah they can fly lol

If you REALLY think Meta is the reason why DH is doing high damage then buddy you really need to do some research and keep your mouth shut
09/21/2018 04:05 AMPosted by Ricochèt

If you REALLY think Meta is the reason why DH is doing high damage then buddy you really need to do some research and keep your mouth shut
yeah go type "why is dh doing high damage" into google and find out the REAL reason u dingus
09/21/2018 04:09 AMPosted by Emmasdruid
yeah go type "why is dh doing high damage" into google and find out the REAL reason

https://www.google.nl/search?q=why+is+dh+doing+high+damage
link for the lazy
09/21/2018 04:09 AMPosted by Emmasdruid
<span class="truncated">...</span>

yeah go type "why is dh doing high damage" into google and find out the REAL reason u dingus

See this is why these forums disgust me. You people just cry and moan but never actually say anything intelligent

It is always Nerf xxxx class but 9/10 times you do not state what is making them OP. At least that priest attempted to but was WAY off

You just replied with some stupid comment that makes you look lazy and shows you have very little understanding of the video game you cry about

If you think Meta which is a 4 minute cd untallented and works better as a defensive than a offensive needs a nerf then you know NOTHING about this class. Meta does not have the damage output of wings, avatar, incarn, or literally any other melee offensive

Meta is not the reason DH damage is high. First off it has always been high so this is nothing new. Meta is not the reason why DHs spam Blade Dance. Neither is the trait
Tbh DH is as busted as feral atm without the cheesy 1shot or offheals but it's no because of meta.

DH is busted due to instant aoe stuns, instant incaps, range kick, purge, 100% dodge/disjoint mechanic built in rotation, infinite mobility, infinite damage, mana(wtf)burn.
09/21/2018 07:08 AMPosted by Saucerboy
Tbh DH is as busted as feral atm without the cheesy 1shot or offheals but it's no because of meta.

DH is busted due to instant aoe stuns, instant incaps, range kick, purge, 100% dodge/disjoint mechanic built in rotation, infinite mobility, infinite damage, mana(wtf)burn.

Aoe stun that is dispellable and costs 1/4th of our total damage bar.

Dance dodge mechanic has been in the game since launch however in Legion Dance was not part of the main rotation and was used as a defensive. If dance stays strong dodge chance should either be removed or lowered to .5secs

Ranged kick is only 5 yds farther than melee kick

Infinite mobility wont change

Infinite damage wont change

Purge is good but also not spamable. Should not reward fury

Mana rift has been in the game since S2. No one compained about it before due to Demonic Origins. I have used rift a few times but have only won a single game due to it imo and that was vs Vanguards, Bean, and Fusion where they had triple healer and it was the only way to win. Also in order to use it you have to lose one of the other more required pvp talents

But I do not feel mana rift is a good idea to use vs anything that is not triple healer. Does that justify it’s existence...idk

In all honesty they need to nerf first blood damage to players and buff chaos strike damage

The strength of Blade Dance is the only thing keeping DH as a top 3 melee imo
Running 2 of the same dps in 3s should never be viable, yet I constantly see double DH/heals and it’s even seen tournament level play. There is an issue
nerf blade dance, remove immunity we gucc
09/21/2018 07:08 AMPosted by Saucerboy
, infinite mobility, infinite damage, mana(wtf)burn.

Hold down buddy lol

you look like every other dh nobody wants to hear you post
09/21/2018 07:36 AMPosted by Ðmon

you look like every other dh nobody wants to hear you post

I mean usually your posts are hot garbage but this

You tried hard there I could tell. Probably typed a reply and deleted it a few times till you believed you had it just right

I think I rather talk to my shoe then ever read a Dmon post
DH is what happens when you take WoD Frost DK and turn it up to 11.
I wish I could effectively take mana burn and not lose my defensives lol.
I was going to pick apart your post, Ricochet...but thats a lot of work.

So the TLDR:

1) That "only" 5 yards farther than melee kick, means a lot when you're a caster getting trained into the ground. I did not play Legion. I came into an arena, got kicked by a DH and I go in discord "Do DH's have a ranged kick?"

When you're already slowed..and your druid or mage roots someone you take any chance you get to get a spell cast off. So..its not "only" 5 yards.

2) AoE stun that's dispellable. First of all, dispel has a CD. Second of all, healers are too busy trying to heal the unhealable damage that you and your other physical damage dealer friend is outputting.

3) Why do you guys need to purge? You might think of it so nonchalantly. But when you're purging my PW:Shields, that hurts. Shaman purge. Mages purge. Why do you?

4) Your damage is just way too damn high, with way too much mobility.
I'd suggest nerfing revolving blades along the lines of the other traits that were toned down in pvp recently. Also Reduce trail of ruin damage in pvp situations by 10%-15%. if dhs still feel to strong then by all means nerf them again longer cd on imprison/shorter duration on fel eruption/nova stuns along with them being dispellable. I'm just fearing blizzard buys in to all the complaints and nerfs us into the dumpster. It's better that blizzard takes their time making balance decisions. I'd rather a class be broken for 2 weeks rather than it be broken for 1 week then unplayable for the rest of the season. People need to remember it's still early in the season and mages were getting 80k barrage crits a few weeks ago and WWs 60k WCKs were literally just addressed.
The problem is also that their survivability is absurd for the amount of damage they deal. Like they're barely even a viable target and that's not how it should be. DH should get mollywhopped like rogues do when people attack them.
09/21/2018 08:08 AMPosted by Genie
I was going to pick apart your post, Ricochet...but thats a lot of work.

So the TLDR:

1) That "only" 5 yards farther than melee kick, means a lot when you're a caster getting trained into the ground. I did not play Legion. I came into an arena, got kicked by a DH and I go in discord "Do DH's have a ranged kick?"

When you're already slowed..and your druid or mage roots someone you take any chance you get to get a spell cast off. So..its not "only" 5 yards.

2) AoE stun that's dispellable. First of all, dispel has a CD. Second of all, healers are too busy trying to heal the unhealable damage that you and your other physical damage dealer friend is outputting.

3) Why do you guys need to purge? You might think of it so nonchalantly. But when you're purging my PW:Shields, that hurts. Shaman purge. Mages purge. Why do you?

4) Your damage is just way too damn high, with way too much mobility.

1. DH’s current top build does not use a snare. Partner could have a snare BUT I take it you are a priest. Priests are not always the best target for melee at all. On top of the fact that you have two schools. I do not think I ever won a game vs a disc and went “oh thank god I kicked that priest”

But the point was not the strength of a kick. The point was when he said ranged kick and I pointed out it is not much or a range especially compared to how it was in Legion. I have seen quite a few healers complain about it last xpac that I have qued into and find it funny that those players stood far to close to me that I did not even have to fel rush to kick them. Point is understand your ranges and abuse them. It is hard as hell to land fel rush/kick anymore on good healers and I am not complaining

2. What the hell are you using dispel on vs a DH. The thing has a one minute cd and is not always easy to do damage off of due to the fury cost. If you are talking about having to dispell crap vs the Dh’s partners well then that does not at all mean a stun is overpowered lol...

3. Idk I did not design the game. Probably because in Legion DH Utility was mediocre at best and monk did everything better. But mage and shaman purge are not comparable to DH as it has a cd... also your shield is spamable so shut your mouth

4. Dh damage has always been high and I have the same mobility I had in Legion

You literally just complain to complain and your side pov is one sided and biased. The same dam thing could be done to priest. Why do you have strength of soul? Why do you have two schools to cast from, why do have to do a good amount of damage to heal, why is your shield spamable?

Pretty dam easy to just complain isnt it? And before you cry about what I said about priests I think they are well designed I am just making a point to you