DH damage

Arenas

That "only" 5 yards farther than melee kick, means a lot when you're a caster getting trained into the ground. I did not play Legion. I came into an arena, got kicked by a DH and I go in discord "Do DH's have a ranged kick?"

DHs are not the only melee with ranged kicks its shorter than in BFA

2) AoE stun that's dispellable. First of all, dispel has a CD. Second of all, healers are too busy trying to heal the unhealable damage that you and your other physical damage dealer friend is outputting.

That's a fair point but I feel if the damage was toned down then it wouldnt such an issue spending a gdc to cleanse one of our stuns

3) Why do you guys need to purge? You might think of it so nonchalantly. But when you're purging my PW:Shields, that hurts. Shaman purge. Mages purge. Why do you?

No idea why we have it either, PvE probably. either way its a 10 sec so its not as great as other purges, but combined with the rest of DHs tool kit it does seem excessive

4) Your damage is just way too damn high, with way too much mobility.

yes
DH does insane damage but uf u stun them out of blurr they die super super easy
09/21/2018 08:25 AMPosted by Ricochèt
09/21/2018 08:08 AMPosted by Genie
I was going to pick apart your post, Ricochet...but thats a lot of work.

So the TLDR:

1) That "only" 5 yards farther than melee kick, means a lot when you're a caster getting trained into the ground. I did not play Legion. I came into an arena, got kicked by a DH and I go in discord "Do DH's have a ranged kick?"

When you're already slowed..and your druid or mage roots someone you take any chance you get to get a spell cast off. So..its not "only" 5 yards.

2) AoE stun that's dispellable. First of all, dispel has a CD. Second of all, healers are too busy trying to heal the unhealable damage that you and your other physical damage dealer friend is outputting.

3) Why do you guys need to purge? You might think of it so nonchalantly. But when you're purging my PW:Shields, that hurts. Shaman purge. Mages purge. Why do you?

4) Your damage is just way too damn high, with way too much mobility.

1. DH’s current top build does not use a snare. Partner could have a snare BUT I take it you are a priest. Priests are not always the best target for melee at all. On top of the fact that you have two schools. I do not think I ever won a game vs a disc and went “oh thank god I kicked that priest”

But the point was not the strength of a kick. The point was when he said ranged kick and I pointed out it is not much or a range especially compared to how it was in Legion. I have seen quite a few healers complain about it last xpac that I have qued into and find it funny that those players stood far to close to me that I did not even have to fel rush to kick them. Point is understand your ranges and abuse them. It is hard as hell to land fel rush/kick anymore on good healers and I am not complaining

2. What the hell are you using dispel on vs a DH. The thing has a one minute cd and is not always easy to do damage off of due to the fury cost. If you are talking about having to dispell crap vs the Dh’s partners well then that does not at all mean a stun is overpowered lol...

3. Idk I did not design the game. Probably because in Legion DH Utility was mediocre at best and monk did everything better. But mage and shaman purge are not comparable to DH as it has a cd... also your shield is spamable so shut your mouth

4. Dh damage has always been high and I have the same mobility I had in Legion

You literally just complain to complain and your side pov is one sided and biased. The same dam thing could be done to priest. Why do you have strength of soul? Why do you have two schools to cast from, why do have to do a good amount of damage to heal, why is your shield spamable?

Pretty dam easy to just complain isnt it? And before you cry about what I said about priests I think they are well designed I am just making a point to you

1) Well, I've never healed arena a day in my life. Im not disc. Dont assume that just because you see a priest, that they heal. So yes, being shadow, I am the best target. And when Im being trained, that extra 5 yards is quite significant.

2) Not disc.

3) Again, spammable shields? Not disc. My shields are not spammable. They take a quarter of my mana pool, and are easily removable and dps'd through.

4) There's high damage, and unhealable damage, and 100% uptime.

If you're going to have high damage, having 100% uptime is cancerous. Even doing 2s as Shadow/Resto - My druid healer would give me some time to actually get cast off. If a rogue or warrior doesnt connect, I feel like I can keep them away for an "ok" amount of time. DH? Nah.
Then if you are shadow why tf are you complaining about ranged kick

First off complaining about 2s in 2018 is dumb please do not do that. The game is balanced around 3s. You are saying a druid or something root you which is dispellable but 9/10s if a DH is on he will be in melee range. Also that is not an advantage only DH has. Every single dam melee in the game can have 90%+ uptime on a shadow priest

Sp is designed to be a glass cannon. If sp was not killable that class would dominate arena. And you also have a passive shield wall at 100 insanity that can choose to keep or lose for extra damage. Is that good class design? Idk I do not think so but that is SP

A good DH would chaos nova you every minute and fel eruption your healer. This would mean at max you have a maximum cc chain of 7 seconds to contend with every minute and a 3 second cc chain every 15 seconds. That is not a lot of lock down and being a 1 minute cd you and your healer could rotate trinkets and you would never be stunned What about your stun/silence combo?

From my perspective you appear to just be complaining that you have to actually pvp to win games. Complaining about a ranged kick as an SP is just pretty petty. As I stated before most if not all of my kicks on a SP are melee kicks

On my SP when I played it last xpac I would try to bait kicks when I had no damage or just juke it entirely. Maybe you should do that instead of complaining
I think there's some type of disconnect.

I used the 2s situation as an example of why ranged kicks on a melee with 100% uptime is cancerous.

Im not the one being rooted. The DH is.

----
In my opinion, Shadow was never really a "glass cannon" thats mages. Shadow from what feels the dawn of time...was always a more sturdy caster. We've always had heals/shields and our shadowform has ALWAYS reduced damage by 10% Glass cannon? No. Immobile, yes.

That passive shield wall is a clunky, and terrible mechanic. We are forced to pool our Resource, to even survive in arena. Have you watched Wizk? He literally says never use Void Form. Might as well remove it from our bars. Imagine, a feral or rogue having to pool combo points just to not die in arena?

No Shadow priest likes this mechanic. We dont want it.We want to be able to actually play our class and use our "big dps tools" but we cant. And even if we can, its so lackluster damage.
Honestly, juking cast feels like such a waste of time sometimes. Even on my lock, Everyone has a kick now. And if you successfully juke the kick, spellcasting pushback, or any of these other random little stuns stops us from casting.

But to be honest, Shadow and Locks do so little damage when being trained yall dont even need to kick, and unfortunately for locks, they dont have a 20% shield wall like priest do. So even though my lock does twice the damage my priest does, she also takes what feels like 3x more the damage.

Self healing from hybrids are all you really need.
My damage is fine. Touch it and I'll rip your lungs out.
09/21/2018 09:52 AMPosted by Telendron

Probably doing something wrong then. :) <3
"DHs are balanced!"
Ranged kick
Infinite mobility
Highest damage output in the game
Purge
Defensive dispel
Reverse magic
Ranged CC
Infinite Stuns
RNG Auto Dodge while dpsing
Strongest defensives in the game
Unpeelable
Unkillable
Infinite Leech
Only mana burn in the game
Accidentally cleaves entire teams

If cdew and his scum !@# team weren't playing DH, it would have been nerfed ages ago. I hope you get gutted.
09/21/2018 10:03 AMPosted by Genie

But if you are not willing to individually either juke the kicks or bait them then tbh ranged or not I feel like you should not complain.

Caster dps put out high numbers if they are unattended. If you do not force an SP to sit with edge they will crush your team. It is not fair to both parties either way. It is not good game design that this is the chess match we have.

I will tell you from my exp most of my kicks are in melee range. If a healer has correct postioning you can no longer fel rush kick them without it being super obvious. The only caster where I think ranged kick comes into play big time is vs mages. But then the mage does get a sheel off you instantly are basically dead. So how is that fair one way or another

Idk again it just feels like you are complaining because of the other player aspect of PvP.

Idk I 100% do not agree DH has to much offensive utility. I think their main issue is First Blood damage is to high and the dodge change on Blade Dance

Like players complain about DH being so mobile but tbh very few caster have any mobility so why does it even matter. Like mobility vs an SP is not really an offensive advantage...more or less a defensive. My mobility to me standa out cs eles and mages because it has too

If anything DH mobility is strongest vs melee and healer that recieve no peels. On top of the fact that DH mobility is also part of their damage rotation

Imo DH is not so far out of line compared to other melee. I agree that there needs to be changes but most of the complaints in this thread are not valid
09/21/2018 10:03 AMPosted by Genie

Enjoy your last breath kid.
Dh damage needs to be tuned down a little bit, that's it
09/21/2018 10:47 AMPosted by Bigboizz
Dh damage needs to be tuned down a little bit, that's it

Azerite traits need to dr 100/50/25. Nothing should happen for any class until this is implemented. Otherwise you are treating the symptoms instead of the root cause.
09/21/2018 10:19 AMPosted by Dîconius
"DHs are balanced!"
Ranged kick
Infinite mobility
Purge
Defensive dispel
Reverse magic
Ranged CC
Infinite Stuns
Unpeelable
Unkillable
Infinite Leech

If cdew and his scum !@# team weren't playing DH, it would have been nerfed ages ago. I hope you get gutted.

Listen here salt dog go sit in the corner and be quiet with your unviable class
Some DHs need to look in the mirror. Especially Mr Ricochet ^_^
09/21/2018 10:19 AMPosted by Dîconius
"DHs are balanced!"
Ranged kick
Infinite mobility
Purge
Defensive dispel
Reverse magic
Ranged CC
Infinite Stuns
Unpeelable
Unkillable
Infinite Leech

defensive dispel and reverse magic, theyre the same thing lol
infinite leech? infinite stuns? unkillable, like literally or just kidding?

if you face a dh using mana burn hes not taking something defensive & should be much easier to kill
@Ricochèt its pretty clear that DH's need a nerf my dude... they dont need a damage nerf as that is there bread and butter but..... they should be a viable kill target. Seems like every comp with a DH its almost always better to go for kill on the other dps and swap heals.
Dh kick is 10 yards
Dk kick is 15 yards

no one complains about dk one right now though huh
09/20/2018 11:54 PMPosted by Thrillsx
Omegalul?

Lower than fury warrior damage.
09/21/2018 11:23 AMPosted by Stickyundies
@Ricochèt its pretty clear that DH's need a nerf my dude... they dont need a damage nerf as that is there bread and butter but..... they should be a viable kill target. Seems like every comp with a DH its almost always better to go for kill on the other dps and swap heals.

The defensives are the exact same they were in legion

Why did you not complain about it then huh?