Good Karma nerf

Monk
This pisses me off.

We have WAY less heals than previous expansion, and you have also now decided to remove 100% Karma, that we have to talent for??

What the hell man? My feral main has crazy self heals with RA talent, and good survival CDs, but for some reason you gutted the hell out of WW monks heals this expansion.
Now you're wrecking our MAIN defensive? 50% karma sucks. You're basically giving us WoD karma.

All because people are using it to help DPS meters???

Does this make the Strength of Spirit azerite trait pointless? Do they stack?

I believe Monks have been around for 4 expansions now, and only in WoD did Karma not redirect 100%.

50% karma is not enough to discourage tunneling WW in PvP.
"oh, it's only 50%? I can survive that!" *blows CDs, nukes monk anyway*

This is dumb. Dumb solution to a dumb problem.
don't forget with the nerf to GoK they never buffed out sustained dmg to compensate. This means we are still somewhat middle of the pack and with all our AZ traits getting nerfed constantly........ Yeah good luck keeping up with other classes in the later games of the Xpack.......

Still dumb that their doing so much class overhauls this late into an Xpack tbh.
09/21/2018 04:54 PMPosted by Sultriss
This pisses me off.

We have WAY less heals than previous expansion, and you have also now decided to remove 100% Karma, that we have to talent for??

What the hell man? My feral main has crazy self heals with RA talent, and good survival CDs, but for some reason you gutted the hell out of WW monks heals this expansion.
Now you're wrecking our MAIN defensive? 50% karma sucks. You're basically giving us WoD karma.

All because people are using it to help DPS meters???

Does this make the Strength of Spirit azerite trait pointless? Do they stack?

I believe Monks have been around for 4 expansions now, and only in WoD did Karma not redirect 100%.

50% karma is not enough to discourage tunneling WW in PvP.
"oh, it's only 50%? I can survive that!" *blows CDs, nukes monk anyway*

This is dumb. Dumb solution to a dumb problem.

Its simple

Instead of buffing Feral to be actually viable, they nerf everything else to be as bad as Feral.

/Cries in used to be feral main.
While I like the re-adding of the Good Karma from Legion, I honestly think the 100% absorb we got with the current version of the talent honestly was better defensive wise then the changes in the ptr will be if it goes live.

I honestly would have wished for them to have just made ToK not cause any damage and instead do the Good Karma heal from legion as a baseline thing, then the talent could be kept at the 100% health absorb as an option if you wanted to make your defensive more defensive like (then damage from baseline ToK absorb could have been baked into the class itself).

I sort of doubt they will care about any damage loss from them removing the extra 50% absorb shield from the talent as it isn't a baseline option of the class.
WW self heals are better than legion
09/21/2018 05:05 PMPosted by Ww

Really? No currently ToK healing, no transcendence healing, no healing elixirs. Our vivify may be definitely better than effuse was in Legion, but we don't have better self healing than we had in legion.

Us gaining the ToK heal back will help self healing wise but it will be worse defensively for ToK though compared to have a hefty absorb shield (which was also was tied to the damage mechanic with ToK and is the only reason the 100% absorb talent isn't there to stay unless they decide to remove the damage entirely from ToK).
I thought I read that TOK talent change was to Absorb and heal and not do any more damage that without the talent. or did I read the changes wrong for 8.1
It didn't even change how the skill itself works so people are still going to use it to pad damage in pve(if people are still playing WW) just with less damage. The underlying problem is still there(just slap that line onto everything in BFA)
09/21/2018 05:12 PMPosted by Berusein
I thought I read that TOK talent change was to Absorb and heal and not do any more damage that without the talent. or did I read the changes wrong for 8.1

Good Karma: 100% of the damage redirected by Touch of Karma also heals you.

Had to go back and re look at what the change as, just in case I had miss read it. But it is mostly just giving us Good Karma from Legion back via the talent, so we will be back to having a 50% hp absorb again.
so..... that still doesn't resolve using tok as a damage boost and not as a defensive.

What??

I'm not trying to troll your or ridicule you, but huh??
Can you explain how?
I'd be interested in seeing how I'm wrong.
There is no way they are going to nerf good karma, or did they already? I honestly just tried using 10 sec reduced cd on legsweep in a bg last night and every single time I used karma it didnt help me so regular karma isn't good enough at all.

When enganged with more than 1 player without having good karma you might as well not even use your defensive because youre only going to stop about 1 second worth of attacks. This is insane to me considering I remember being able to go in a main city and being able to get attacked by multiple players and gaurds and still get the guy I put karma on. Right now without good karma if 1 dps had good uptime on your he would get through your karma easily.

How do we have one defensive and its about good as Shield Of Vengeance for ret?And this post is about that one defensive that you have to spec into getting nerfed? Someone needs to be posting about incomming ww buffs soon. THE CLASS SUCKS BALLS HOOK US UP BLIZZ YOU PENNY PINCHING MONGROLS.

Wow, the land of make-believe!
You know, if we get a damage buff and this. That would be a excellent change. I guess while we wait we have to keep on .. Rolling.
Personally, I’m opposed to the change. While I like the healing we get back, Blizzard could have accomplished this by returning Healing Elixirs to us or buffing Vivify. I find the concept of accounting max value Karma damage into our dps absurd. The way i see it, it shines on some fights more than others, similar to how DoT classes destroy everyone on council fights and don't on non-council fights. I just hope blizz gives us a little buff when they make the change because even though we wouldn’t “need” it, it would be much appreciated.

hmm good prank dude haha

rate it prolly 8/10 xd

now this is just blatant blizzard fanboyism
ww is such a mess atm, and it's wouldnt take much at all to fix.
09/21/2018 10:27 PMPosted by Yangxiaolóng
Personally, I’m opposed to the change. While I like the healing we get back, Blizzard could have accomplished this by returning Healing Elixirs to us or buffing Vivify. I find the concept of accounting max value Karma damage into our dps absurd. The way i see it, it shines on some fights more than others, similar to how DoT classes destroy everyone on council fights and don't on non-council fights. I just hope blizz gives us a little buff when they make the change because even though we wouldn’t “need” it, it would be much appreciated.

Defensive wise I think the 100% health absorb was honestly the better thing compared to the healing. Wouldn't really have minded if they just fully replaced that talent slot with healing elixirs though.