Returning Player, all characters missing

Customer Support
Returning player, all characters gone, need an ID scanned and submitted to even write a support ticket? I see all my options to post here include the characters but their not on the account. Any help?
Sure you are looking on the right realm?

If you don't see them on the selection screen, make a new character, log in - then back out.

Looks like most are numbered - as this one is. They'll need to be renamed when you log in.
Yes, no realm has any characters listed. I even started one with an old name and it accepted it as level 1 new character. So there is an issue.
What realms are you looking on?

Looks like your higher levels are on Steamwheedle Cartel.
Ok, was on Argent Dawn. I see the characters now, thanks, guild was similar in name, got it confused. Why no number of characters listed? I can't remember what all realms I was on, lol.
If you've been gone a very long time, that is one of the side-effects.

You've got characters on....

Akama
Anub'arak
Azshara
Boulderfist
Quel'Thalas
Shattered Hand
Steamwheedle Cartel
Stonemaul
Stormreaver
It helps ensure the game runs as smoothly as possible by freeing server resources.

Now that you've returned and refreshed your character list, it shouldn't be a problem again unless you take another lengthy break. :)
Thank you for your assistance. It has been a while, hehe
I do see that I have no weapons or gold anymore.
Given it's been about 8 years, I'm afraid there isn't a lot we can do at this point if you were compromised in your absence.
09/22/2018 11:52 AMPosted by EbonheB9655E
I do see that I have no weapons or gold anymore.

What do you mean? If you mean your toons are naked, than that's a sigh that you were hacked.
Agreed Shinxtails, checked a couple accounts, the mains, so banks are pretty empty, 62 silver won't get a weapon that I can fight an equal level 80 mob with. The Bind on Account items are gone so that can't even help. So it was a good 2 day run I guess for 60 bucks. Strange it's obvious and nothing can be done.
Actually, you can put in a ticket to let them know your account was hacked. While it's probably too long ago for them to be able to recover lost gold and items, they can usually set you up with some basic gear to get you off the ground.

Edit:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/wow/181/942/channels
The basics would be nice, I know level 80 gear is nothing now.
09/22/2018 12:10 PMPosted by EbonheB9655E
The basics would be nice, I know level 80 gear is nothing now.

Use that link I posted and Live Chat should be an option for you. Hopefully they can lend you a hand...or gloves, bracers, etc ;)
If your BoA gear is gone, just recreate it from the collections tab.
09/23/2018 08:26 AMPosted by Theevilquéen
If your BoA gear is gone, just recreate it from the collections tab.

Heirloom Collections wasn't added until in 6.1.
I Just returned myself and can't find my characters either
09/23/2018 09:41 AMPosted by Hellwi67D882

Try going onto different servers - the game will show your your toons when you get onto the server.
09/23/2018 09:43 AMPosted by Shinxtails
09/23/2018 09:41 AMPosted by Hellwi67D882

Try going onto different servers - the game will show your your toons when you get onto the server.

I found them