Suggestion:One mount passive slot

General Discussion
My suggestion is simple. If someone has the Strider then they can use that ONE ability with any other mount of their choosing. Dreadwake can float for those who have striders and it will increase mount diversity. Blizzard could possibly sell more shop mounts. A middle ground so to speak. Any thoughts?
wut?
If you have a mount with a passive such as waterwalking or increased herbalism speed, you can use one of those passives with other mounts. So if I wanted to ride the Headless Horseman mount with waterwalking I could. A mount transmog I guess?
You're confusing a water walking mount with an ability.. that's just what it does - it walks across water - it's a Crimson/Azure Water Strider.

If you want to ride across water on your Headless Horseman, then you can, but you'll have to do it on your DK - or earn the rep to get one of the above yourself.
You're basically saying 'once I get the strider I want waterwalking with every mount'. Which is not inherently a bad idea, but it does heavily impact the sole selling point of waterstriders. More homogenization I suppose.
I suppose they could sell some high ticket item that would make that possible, but 35.6% of accounts have the waterstrider. It's not hard to get at all.

Shamans work too.
09/22/2018 11:11 PMPosted by Nereeza
You're confusing a water walking mount with an ability.. that's just what it does - it walks across water - it's a Crimson/Azure Water Strider.

If you want to ride across water on your Headless Horseman, then you can, but you'll have to do it on your DK - or earn the rep to get one of the above yourself.
I am not confused at all. It was a suggestion to merge mounts so people wouldn't feel forced to use 1-2 mounts for travel/herbalism. I was suggesting this for the sake of diversity and to address the dreadwake is a boat that doesn't float thing going around. Seems like the best approach is middle ground where those who have a mount with passive then that said ability is now unlocked to be used on other mounts.
09/22/2018 11:13 PMPosted by Gulder
You're basically saying 'once I get the strider I want waterwalking with every mount'. Which is not inherently a bad idea, but it does heavily impact the sole selling point of waterstriders. More homogenization I suppose.
Well, you would still need to farm the strider but when you do, it unlocks the model and passive separately so you could mix and match. Basically, transmogrify for mounts.