Mythic + is the worst thing to come to WoW.

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 13 Next
09/25/2018 10:15 AMPosted by Beardhat
In WOTLK we had badges, Valor points were just badges 2.0

Badges (of Justice) were initially added in TBC, not Wrath. Wrath went from one variety of badges (renamed to emblems) to two, three, and back to two. They ultimately settled on two (with various naming conventions) until WoD, when they were again removed. They were very minimally re-added for gear upgrades only late in WoD, and then dropped again for Legion.

As to M+, I'm not a huge fan of how it appears to have changed Blizzard's development goals. While I understand the appeal (and think it, in many ways, is better than repeating the same dungeons over and over in exactly the same way), I think it has been given too much focus and emphasis. Especially given the hideously repetitive, theoretically-infinite nature of it all, along with the continued emphasis on being a time trial.

It is positioned as an enormous piece of content that players are supposed to focus heavily on (esp. as seen by 'esportifying' it -- regardless of how much you play it, you're 'supposed' to be watching it), when it, to me, should have been relegated more to being side content, much as it was in early Legion. This seems to have made them get a little lazy about actually trying to provide compelling content, especially solo and small-group content, elsewhere.
jesus christ casual opinions just get worse and worse.
09/25/2018 10:43 AMPosted by Sphinctus
jesus christ casual opinions just get worse and worse.

ROFL. Do you even sleep/eat?
That's some insane luck with this dumb RNG.

not gonna lie, M+ is fun af, not challenging, but fun.
but WF and TF is some retarded !@#$.
09/24/2018 07:53 PMPosted by Bogwater
Not only has it ruined end game in WoW and reinforces the idea of repeating boring content while running on a hamster wheel. It's only reinforced the idea into blizzard that titan forging and RNG works. End game in WoW consists of afk in city, queue mythic + or raid and for some people arena. There is literally no reason to ever do anything else in this game. No incentive to do a battleground, no incentive to world pvp, no incentive to do anything really.

Mythic + from my experience has bred an anti social league of legends level of toxicity that has never been present in WoW to the level it is now. Even as a rank 70 shammy on my server I still get spam declined and kicked out of easy !@# keys no doubt because blizzard refuses to buff this $%^- class. Most mythic + groups don't even know how to communicate their thoughts it's like playing with a bunch of illiterate angry kids.

To be fair, M+ didnt break anything. All of the issues you listed have already existed since LFD became a thing in WotLK.
09/25/2018 09:03 AMPosted by Beardhat
Yep

Leave it to Ion Hazzikostas, lawyer extraordinaire to pull the wool over everyone's eyes once again and sell M+ as "new content"

The people who obsess over "content" seem to think that developers can just perpetually pump out new zones, dungeons, and raids at the pace that players can consume them and that it would be a good idea if they actually could. The only way to have replayability in a non-sandbox, non-competitive multiplayer game is to have some level of repetition.

If you actually wanted to only do each piece of "content" once, then it would have to be so time consuming that most people couldn't or wouldn't do them: think 3 hour dungeon runs and raids that take even longer to progress through than now. They'd have to have a much steeper progression curve so that no one could beat them in the first week. I'd be willing to be that most players like being able to do the average dungeon in half an hour instead of having EVERY dungeon be like mythic Karazhan was at first (though I like having some dungeons like these).

It's also inane to claim that doing the same thing at a higher level of difficulty isn't somehow different from doing it on a lower level of difficulty; that because you played Tee Ball when you were 6 years old there's no reason to bother playing baseball in high school, college, the minors, or the major leagues. Progressing to a higher level of difficulty is relevant.
It’s easy to deal with - I don’t do it.
09/24/2018 09:34 PMPosted by Córax
The affixs are a decent idea. The timed runs just say diablo to me.
times runs gives you that endrenlin feeling having to race against time.
No it's not mythic plus is awesome! Why do people hate everything this game has to offer it's so dumb.
If you don't like mythic plus no one is forcing you to do it, do something else. Mythic Island Expeditions, raiding, pvp, world pvp, quest, world quest, faction reputations, pet battles. regular mythics, regular heroics. So much to do in this expansion it's silly that people hate one thing. If you don't like it do something else, not every content is going to be for everyone.
I like M+ I don't have a schedule that allows raiding regularly. So this gives me something to do. There would be no PVE content other than pugging raids. Heroic dungeons don't give me any useful gear, LFR, once I do it the first time, holds no value.

I just beat a +5 yesterday (I know some people are easily pushing higher) but I felt like an accomplishment, my previous best was a +4. This week I will aim to get a +6 or better. It is like rifts in Diablo 3. There is no more "new" content, but you keep doing harder and harder ones as a sense of pride.
I hate Mythic +'s because it reinforces rushing, the "gogogogo" mentality everyone always talks about. Especially as a tank, hate it. In legion I mostly did dps, some healing. This expansion has been all tanking.

I can do long dungeons until the cows come home, but the simple of addition of this timer really ruined it all for me.

I also hate what it brings out in the community. Ditching group at the slightest sign that isn't going to be a 100% smooth run, screwing over others. Saying horrible things to other players (usually towards the tanks or healers). People get angry when their key isn't completed. But I've even seen people get angry when it's only upgraded two stars instead of three.

I know, I know. Only run with guild members and friends. I also know I'm in the minority on this. But oh well.

I haven't done a ton of them this expansion, but now my ilvl is falling behind compared to the rest of the guild (granted, of the 10 I've done, I've only gotten one drop, and it wasn't an upgrade, sooooo). So I'm kind of in a damned if I do, damned if I don't type thing. Usually when I'm available to do mythic +'s my guild isn't (they prefer doing them after raid, it's usually too late in the evening for me then).
Ummm dude? The issues you explain are essentially how it's always been?

Que for heroics, get items/tokens. Do it again. Mix in dailies.

It's an mmo and how it's always been? M+ just adds some cool flavour. I think it's the smartest system they ever introduced.
09/25/2018 10:02 AMPosted by Dartakan

Having to use a carrot on a stick to force people into running dungeons is not my idea of relevant.

An yet that's exactly what M+ is. Never-ending key pushes for higher and higher gear. Sorry but it has to end at some point. Maybe make it just slightly worse than the highest raiding gear but it has to be capped at some point. Again, I want to play a game with a definitive end in sight not diablo it up until the next expansion.
speak for yourself mythic+ is best thing to happen to wow in a long time..better then raiding.
09/25/2018 12:09 PMPosted by Tékota
An yet that's exactly what M+ is. Never-ending key pushes for higher and higher gear. Sorry but it has to end at some point. Maybe make it just slightly worse than the highest raiding gear but it has to be capped at some point. Again, I want to play a game with a definitive end in sight not diablo it up until the next expansion.

What a great idea, maybe they should cap the end of the dungeon and the weekly chest at +10 or something....wait a minute that is exactly how it works!
09/24/2018 08:09 PMPosted by Kalteer
Mythic plus is the reason I started peeing in legion, I would mainly just pvp before
O.o
09/24/2018 08:09 PMPosted by Kalteer
Mythic plus is the reason I started peeing in legion, I would mainly just pvp before

Damn. You held it in for a long time.
09/24/2018 07:53 PMPosted by Bogwater

Mythic + from my experience has bred an anti social league of legends level of toxicity that has never been present in WoW to the level it is now.

this guy isn't lying here..
but you did leave out Humorless - soul leaches.
and other such many words that are bad and not approved by the Church and State.
There's really people who are upset about a basically infinite source of content in the end game. Like I understand if you get upset about it being buggy (legitimate complaint) or it being too hard (either legit complaint with bug or case of git gud). There are of course other complaints that can be argued, (azerite not dropping).

But to be upset about the concept of m+ ? Yikes.
09/25/2018 01:00 AMPosted by Pwigg
09/24/2018 11:49 PMPosted by Tabaqui
1, how are raids different? You run the same content over and over and hope for a good drop.

2. how has any part of WoW (and this includes vanilla: anyone else remember sitting around in Org spamming "lf BRD, UBRS, Scholo, Strath" for hours on end?) been any different?

3. M+ players are not more toxic than any other groups in any game ever. If you have to group up with pugs, you will get people who are jerks. That's just how it is. Queue up with 2 other friends and use your own keys: no one can kick you.

1. Kind of. It was never about stagnating in the same dungeon/raid. You beat Deadmines to progress beyond Deadmines. It was more of an adventure type of progression, not an infinitely repeating cycle of stagnation. You beat MC to get to BWL. You beat BWL to get to AQ20/40. You beat AQ20/40 to get to Naxx. You never beat MC to go back into MC. Once you and your guild got what was needed to progress, you moved on.

2. See above.

3. Agreed. Human behavior is what it is. I got toxic people in Vanilla and BC.

Sure, but you couldn't progress to BWL until it was added. You couldn't progress to AQ and ZG until they were added.

In the meantime, you run the same things over and over until they add something new.

They're adding a new raid soon. Blizzard has always been crap about adding new 5 man content, but for me, M+ is a really fun filler. I don't even have a full guild, either - I've got me healing, my friend tanking and the other friend DPSing. We use our keys or join some poor DPS sitting in the queue forever, and we are never fussed about what classes the other people are playing. It's nice, for me at least, to have a goal to keep pushing, rather than the days where I killed the Baron OVER 40 TIMES and he never once dropped my set pants, the bastard.