Mythic + is the worst thing to come to WoW.

General Discussion
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 Next
09/25/2018 09:00 AMPosted by Zën
09/25/2018 08:51 AMPosted by Mettlebrew

I assume this was sarcasm? No one is that stupid.

Insults are what people resort to when they have no answer. Good job!

I have an answer but I was hoping it wasn't needed.
You have either not played every expansion prior to Legion or you are a blissful moron. No one ran dungeons on their mains after the first raid. IF they did it was due to an external factor like valor points. Why run dungeons when they awarded gear not relevant to you? Mythic + fixed that problem and allowed them to remain relevant throughout the expansion. They scaled up with gear and awarded progressively better gear. Not only did they make it relevant they made it fun for those of us who enjoy a challenge by adding affixes and the timer.
The claim that in previous expansions (without M+) dungeons were always relevant content throughout the expansion is ridiculous. I mean even for alts they started releasing catchup mechanics that allowed your alts to avoid dungeons.
09/25/2018 10:09 AMPosted by Dartakan
09/25/2018 10:04 AMPosted by Zën
No, you could get capped in a day and then you could focus on other things to do in the game like professions and whatnot. Now with Mythic it's just an endless grind for bigger numbers on gear. What's fun about that? Nothing.

Actually playing the game? Profession even back there were a joke, what was there to do? Mythic + is the closest they are going to get to be as good as raids, they are actually a viable path of progression on their own and are fun with a small group of friends.

You might have a bad opinion of them if you only pug, I would too.

That's not true. I can remember how important it was for a raid group to have all those flasks and food for raids. You may not be able to but I do. not to mention all those craftable pieces that were raid equivalent gear.
I actually quite like the variety, not that ive ever pushed higher than 9+
Affixes were a mistake.

Challenge Modes were better; they scaled you down and were actual tests of skill that you couldn't overgear, unlike Mythic+ which is popular primarily because of how much easier it is
The only people who hate mythic plus dungeons are those who can’t do them.
09/25/2018 04:58 PMPosted by Quietly
Affixes were a mistake.

Challenge Modes were better; they scaled you down and were actual tests of skill that you couldn't overgear, unlike Mythic+ which is popular primarily because of how much easier it is

Until spinners...
Mythic+ is the nasty STD you get in WoW that perpetuates the devs last attitude towards designing content and I despise laziness like decent people despise those that are cruel to children.

During the last garbagefire of an expansion, at the request of a good friend, I did 2 of them iirc, never again. They're not different instances with these little affixes in them, they're the same instances with a new, and(IMO) not very imaginative twist.

Had they created completely different instances with these affixes in them all the time, fixed(as much as their RNG fixation will allow) rewards from each boss and no time limits, then yeah, I'd be all in. As they stand now, Hell no.

I applaud you if you are enjoying the state WoW is in now, I am not so easily pleased however, and expect more for my money. /spit

Semper Fi!
Im not a huge fan of Mythic+ either, but people like them for some reason. Its just the same dungeons over & over & over. Making them harder doesnt make them feel different to me, they just take longer.
I agree so much
09/24/2018 09:23 PMPosted by Korrindal
09/24/2018 08:09 PMPosted by Kalteer
Mythic plus is the reason I started peeing in legion

You weren't peeing before? You might want to go see a doctor.

Or a priest.

I went to a priest for a similar problem once. I...wouldn't recommend it.
Then don't do it?

Who is forcing you to do mythic+?

This is almost like a "LFR ruined this game, remove it" thread.

If you don't enjoy doing something, just don't do it.. don't force your playStyle over others.
09/25/2018 06:48 PMPosted by Edisbelee
Then don't do it?

Who is forcing you to do mythic+?

This is almost like a "LFR ruined this game, remove it" thread.

If you don't enjoy doing something, just don't do it.. don't force your playStyle over others.

That's not exactly accurate.
I don’t understand why you would sit and gripe about something like mythic+, if you don’t like it don’t do it, it’s really that simple

If you’re worried it took dev time out of other content go take a look at island expeditions, warfronts or the massive boost of world quests

Hell there hasn’t been any real new PvP content in years

But here you are, griping openly page after page for something that shouldn’t even affect you
09/25/2018 04:49 PMPosted by Zën
That's not true. I can remember how important it was for a raid group to have all those flasks and food for raids. You may not be able to but I do. not to mention all those craftable pieces that were raid equivalent gear.

So exactly as they are right now? Like I said professions haven't change that much.
False. The worst thing to come to WoW is Azerite gear.
it doesn't appeal to me, especially the time aspect. people rush through dungeons already and this just reinforces that. I'd rather have some loot currency than the roulette that is the weekly chest.
09/24/2018 08:07 PMPosted by Lichkong
Literally the best feature added, make your own key ffs and see the amount of people that apply.

09/25/2018 04:58 PMPosted by Aerbota
The only people who hate mythic plus dungeons are those who can’t do them.

False
I've never really seen the point of just doing the same dungeons over and over - only adding more complexity and difficulty. Not a fan of World of Gearquest. It doesn't add to story or the richness of the world experience.
M+ is ok getting two pieces of gear that are useless to your spec sucks. The rng side of it really brings doing M+ down . I like lot of the dungeons but RNG side of this game can suck. I wish we were able to pick a piece a loot out of 4 pieces of gear. The loot table in this game can be absolute garbage to good. In what world does mage want mastery and versatility on gloves?