Mythic + is the worst thing to come to WoW.

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 13 Next
1, how are raids different? You run the same content over and over and hope for a good drop.

2. how has any part of WoW (and this includes vanilla: anyone else remember sitting around in Org spamming "lf BRD, UBRS, Scholo, Strath" for hours on end?) been any different?

3. M+ players are not more toxic than any other groups in any game ever. If you have to group up with pugs, you will get people who are jerks. That's just how it is. Queue up with 2 other friends and use your own keys: no one can kick you.
09/24/2018 11:39 PMPosted by Bellegar
On your M Taloc kill, you did 600 more DPS than your raid's Blood DK.

If you must know I died during phase 3 to a mechanic that I correctly executed (ran out for the Mythic Blood mechanic, was targeted by one of the oozes, which killed me since no one could focus it during the blood mechanic - this is the correct procedure in that situation as it is better to sacrifice yourself rather than kill the group with the blood). Also, I'm Feral, not exactly the best DPS spec at the moment - you're free to look at my logs from Antorus or Nighthold to see my capabilities with a more properly tuned DPS spec.

But...did you notice I do M+ as Guardian? I don't see how my logs as Feral are relevant.

09/24/2018 11:39 PMPosted by Bellegar
I'm not trying to be rude, because you're obviously not terrible, but the fact that you think you're already "gud enough" instead of constantly striving to improve is probably the issue here.

I have multiple Cutting Edge achievements and have US top 150 clears of two tiers. I'm not seeing how grinding hours upon hours of limp-@##!*%%@ keys that add 10 or 20 to my score for 40 minutes of content and provide no gear upgrades is "improving" my skill at all. It's just grinding up a meaningless number.
09/24/2018 08:09 PMPosted by Kalteer
Mythic plus is the reason I started peeing in legion, I would mainly just pvp before

the reason I started peeing in legion

peeing

o rly
before mythic plus tons of people were complaining about 5 mans being totally ignored and irrelevant. they figured out a way to make them relevant without messing up the gearing system. the affixes keep them fresh.

we have more endgame content, not less. running a daily heroic you massively overgear isnt endgame content, its filler, just another daily.
I find them fun with a group that wants to challenge themselves but is not losing their !@#$ for every mistake. I only run it with guild members and we havent beated the clock yet but we're still having fun.
So don't do it? I don't do them. They're like watching paint dry. The very best way to make it clear to the powers that be that you don't like something is to not do the thing you don't like. If enough people agree, the annoying thing goes away or is heavily modified in the next iteration.

Ya know, like PvP servers. *walks away whistling a cheerful tune*

If you must know I died during phase 3 to a mechanic that I correctly executed (ran out for the Mythic Blood mechanic, was targeted by one of the oozes, which killed me since no one could focus it during the blood mechanic - this is the correct procedure in that situation as it is better to sacrifice yourself rather than kill the group with the blood).

Well, no. Correctly executing the mechanic would have been to just SI and soak it yourself during that Hardened Arteries. But you couldn't pop SI, because at 00:05:16.272 you took 82669 damage from Hardened Arteries, panicked, and blew your Survival Instincts at 00:05:17.406 after the fact, negating exactly zero damage, and ensuring it was on cooldown when you actually needed it at 00:06:22.077.

Also, I'm Feral, not exactly the best DPS spec at the moment - you're free to look at my logs from Antorus or Nighthold to see my capabilities with a more properly tuned DPS spec.

Nobody cares about logs from past expansions.

But...did you notice I do M+ as Guardian? I don't see how my logs as Feral are relevant.

You made them relevant when you bragged about how you were "gud enough" and couldn't possibly be the problem with all of those failed M+ runs and how you were incapable of pushing a key and how it was everyone else's fault.

09/24/2018 11:51 PMPosted by Brún

I have multiple Cutting Edge achievements and have US top 150 clears of two tiers. I'm not seeing how grinding hours upon hours of limp-@##!*%%@ keys that add 10 or 20 to my score for 40 minutes of content and provide no gear upgrades is "improving" my skill at all. It's just grinding up a meaningless number.

First, previous CE achievements are just as relevant to your current performance as logs from previous expansions are. Not very. Second, becoming familiar with exactly how the pulls need to go to beat that timer is extremely important, but hey, if pushing M+ is just "grinding up a meaningless number", why are you so anally annihilated over being incapable of pushing up said meaningless number?
You talk about End game issues, but fail to provide solutions.

If you don't like running dungeons, or raids, or arena.. what do you propose end game should look like?
Well, no. Correctly executing the mechanic would have been to just SI and soak it yourself during that Hardened Arteries. But you couldn't pop SI, because at 00:05:16.272 you took 82669 damage from Hardened Arteries, panicked, and blew your Survival Instincts at 00:05:17.406 after the fact, negating exactly zero damage, and ensuring it was on cooldown when you actually needed it at 00:06:22.077.

That was indeed a misplay. It was bad luck on the first time on the fight, but could have been played better.

09/25/2018 12:17 AMPosted by Bellegar
Nobody cares about logs from past expansions.

So basically !@#$ and play Balance? Got it. Exactly what I'd expect from an io elitist.

You made them relevant when you bragged about how you were "gud enough" and couldn't possibly be the problem with all of those failed M+ runs and how you were incapable of pushing a key and how it was everyone else's fault.

If you'd like to explain how I'm supposed to overcome idiot DPS being unable to deal with the Lightning Shield on the first boss of Sethraliss, by myself, I'm all ears Mr. Big Hero.

09/25/2018 12:17 AMPosted by Bellegar
why are you so anally annihilated over being incapable of pushing up said meaningless number?

Because given how stingy raids are with gear now it's basically required for any high end raiding.

The minute I stop needing it to raid is the minute I'll stop giving a !@#$.
M+ is fun and challenging. I hear you on getting declined to groups, but Shammies do bring a lot of utility (Bloodlust, totems, purge).

The problem is a certain class brings everything I mentioned and then some (Mages).

The stripping of some class abilities and not others feels arbitrary in that regard =\

I purposely seek out Ferals, Shadows and Eles for my m+s haha.
M+ dungeons aren't the worst thing to come to WoW.

I say this, even though I don't like them myself, because it's clear they are very popular amongst a decent percentage of the playerbase. And that's all you can ask of content.

However, back to my personal opinion, rather than the consensus opinion. I see M+ as cheap content. It's not even really content. It's more like a feature, really. And I don't like that. I like variety, which is why WotLK was my favorite xpac.

I don't gain the same level of enjoyment from running the same (comparatively) small set of dungeons over and over again, week after week, just with different affixes.

I would much prefer to have more dungeons and more raids, ala WotLK, than a feature that tries to convert existing dungeons into this cutting edge content.
09/24/2018 08:02 PMPosted by Senseimoonk
and reinforces the idea of repeating boring content while running on a hamster wheel...
...it's like playing with a bunch of illiterate angry kids.

Name an expansion where content wasn't intended to be repeated over and over.

And demeaning everyone except you, thats the spirit!

So if you have always found wow repeatable content to be as boring as BfA repeatable content is right now, why do you even play? Is it that you have really low standards or something?
09/25/2018 12:23 AMPosted by Brún

That was indeed a misplay. It was bad luck on the first time on the fight, but could have been played better.

Good on you for admitting that, now we're getting somewhere.

So basically !@#$ and play Balance? Got it. Exactly what I'd expect from an io elitist.

You don't need to play Balance, but learning how to succeed with Feral in M+ which requires a pretty hefty shift in playstyle versus raiding would be a good start.

If you'd like to explain how I'm supposed to overcome idiot DPS being unable to deal with the Lightning Shield on the first boss of Sethraliss, by myself, I'm all ears Mr. Big Hero.

Because given how stingy raids are with gear now it's basically required for any high end raiding.

The minute I stop needing it to raid is the minute I'll stop giving a !@#$.

You seem to be doing fine for yourself on getting into your guild's raids despite having zero meaningful M+ experience, so it can't be all that bad, right? If your guild is making M+ gear a requirement, certainly they'd be willing to run M+ with a fellow high end raider during off-raid hours to help everyone out.

I can't imagine your H/M raiders are incapable of a simple target swap in the snek temple, so what gives here?
09/24/2018 11:15 PMPosted by Aewendil

Sounds like you just can't be bothered to be honest.

It's really not that difficult to find groups that can time low level keys.

You must be winning the !@#$ing lottery then.

And raising my io score by 10 for 40 minutes of work isn't exactly my idea of a good time.

I mean the point of running your own keys isn't to raise your .io score, but it will. The point of running your own key is that you level your own key, and then you don't need a score to get into a high level key because you have a high level key of your own.
09/25/2018 12:26 AMPosted by Mishiva
M+ dungeons aren't the worst thing to come to WoW.

I say this, even though I don't like them myself, because it's clear they are very popular amongst a decent percentage of the playerbase. And that's all you can ask of content.

However, back to my personal opinion, rather than the consensus opinion. I see M+ as cheap content. It's not even really content. It's more like a feature, really. And I don't like that. I like variety, which is why WotLK was my favorite xpac.

I don't gain the same level of enjoyment from running the same (comparatively) small set of dungeons over and over again, week after week, just with different affixes.

I would much prefer to have more dungeons and more raids, ala WotLK, than a feature that tries to convert existing dungeons into this cutting edge content.

So...more vanilla reskins like in Naxx? Onyxia Reskin?

Using the same freaking room as the new raid AND new dungeon with tournament?

Wrath was king of the reuse game.

Also Wrath launched with 11 dungeons and BfA with 10 so they are pretty comparable.

Wrath launched with a complete raid & armor copy/paste from vanilla, then 2 generic dragon models in a generic cave and a flat disk. They couldn't skimp more on art assets if they tried.
09/24/2018 07:58 PMPosted by Ohgodmyeyes
TIL: M+ is bad because people can decline you.

Me lol
I do not understand why mythics are not in the standard dungeon finder?... it is nearly impossible to get groups for dps unless you have a guild and online mates. WoW has spent a lot of time making the game safe for solo players.. but Mythic is just back to the old hours of LFG and then getting kicked for no reason.

I think Mythic should be added to the standard dungeon finder.
Good on you for admitting that, now we're getting somewhere.

Admitting mistakes is critical to success in high-end content, especially raiding. There’s no shame in it.

You don't need to play Balance, but learning how to succeed with Feral in M+ which requires a pretty hefty shift in playstyle versus raiding would be a good start

It doesn’t really (it uses the same build as the AoE raid fights, it’s just a very weak build at the moment). I and many other Ferals do M+ as guardian since, despite guardian itself being a weak M+ spec, it isn’t as weak as Feral and tanking them is just faster and more useful to the group (8.1 changes will change this).

I can't imagine your H/M raiders are incapable of a simple target swap in the snek temple, so what gives here?

They seem to do keys when I’m sleeping or working. Pugging has been a more reliable option for me so far. That isn’t really their fault and i don’t want to blame them for that.
09/24/2018 10:10 PMPosted by Azuremi
That isn't the problem its how unfun the content is.

Fun is subjective.
09/24/2018 11:49 PMPosted by Tabaqui
1, how are raids different? You run the same content over and over and hope for a good drop.

2. how has any part of WoW (and this includes vanilla: anyone else remember sitting around in Org spamming "lf BRD, UBRS, Scholo, Strath" for hours on end?) been any different?

3. M+ players are not more toxic than any other groups in any game ever. If you have to group up with pugs, you will get people who are jerks. That's just how it is. Queue up with 2 other friends and use your own keys: no one can kick you.

1. Kind of. It was never about stagnating in the same dungeon/raid. You beat Deadmines to progress beyond Deadmines. It was more of an adventure type of progression, not an infinitely repeating cycle of stagnation. You beat MC to get to BWL. You beat BWL to get to AQ20/40. You beat AQ20/40 to get to Naxx. You never beat MC to go back into MC. Once you and your guild got what was needed to progress, you moved on.

2. See above.

3. Agreed. Human behavior is what it is. I got toxic people in Vanilla and BC.