Mythic + is the worst thing to come to WoW.

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 13 Next
The alternative is that dungeons stop being relevant content and Blizzard has to slap an incentive like 30 Simmering Gerbil Essences to Heroics daily caches to keep players running them
09/24/2018 07:53 PMPosted by Bogwater
Not only has it ruined end game in WoW and reinforces the idea of repeating boring content while running on a hamster wheel. It's only reinforced the idea into blizzard that titan forging and RNG works. End game in WoW consists of afk in city, queue mythic + or raid and for some people arena. There is literally no reason to ever do anything else in this game. No incentive to do a battleground, no incentive to world pvp, no incentive to do anything really.

Mythic + from my experience has bred an anti social league of legends level of toxicity that has never been present in WoW to the level it is now. Even as a rank 70 shammy on my server I still get spam declined and kicked out of easy !@# keys no doubt because blizzard refuses to buff this $%^- class. Most mythic + groups don't even know how to communicate their thoughts it's like playing with a bunch of illiterate angry kids.

Can’t tell if op is complaining about the introduction of the mythic+ system, low levels of player interaction, low incentive for completing other portions of game content, shaman class issues, high restrictions on group finder, or toxic player behaviour -.^
The "hamster wheel" comment regarding M+ is silly. Before M+ there was literally nothing else to do outside of raids and PvP. You had to go from dungeons to raids, and if you didn't, then all progress was halted. Now you have a way to progress. It's not like if they went away we suddenly would have brand new content in their place. Development can never ever keep up with consumption, so if you want the game to provide the kind of playtime most play it for, then something has to be repeatable. I'd rather have these remixed and increasingly difficult dungeons than just spamming random BGs our pointless world pvp.

In fact, I'd like them to continue expanding upon M+: more affixes, extra mechanics on bosses, changing layouts of the physical dungeon and/or mob placements, etc.
09/25/2018 12:23 AMPosted by Brún
Well, no. Correctly executing the mechanic would have been to just SI and soak it yourself during that Hardened Arteries. But you couldn't pop SI, because at 00:05:16.272 you took 82669 damage from Hardened Arteries, panicked, and blew your Survival Instincts at 00:05:17.406 after the fact, negating exactly zero damage, and ensuring it was on cooldown when you actually needed it at 00:06:22.077.

That was indeed a misplay. It was bad luck on the first time on the fight, but could have been played better.

09/25/2018 12:17 AMPosted by Bellegar
Nobody cares about logs from past expansions.

So basically !@#$ and play Balance? Got it. Exactly what I'd expect from an io elitist.

You made them relevant when you bragged about how you were "gud enough" and couldn't possibly be the problem with all of those failed M+ runs and how you were incapable of pushing a key and how it was everyone else's fault.

If you'd like to explain how I'm supposed to overcome idiot DPS being unable to deal with the Lightning Shield on the first boss of Sethraliss, by myself, I'm all ears Mr. Big Hero.

09/25/2018 12:17 AMPosted by Bellegar
why are you so anally annihilated over being incapable of pushing up said meaningless number?

Because given how stingy raids are with gear now it's basically required for any high end raiding.

The minute I stop needing it to raid is the minute I'll stop giving a !@#$.

Lmfao.. wrecked.

Honestly people scrutinizing first kills where mechanics > parsing, that's messed up.
09/25/2018 06:33 AMPosted by Sunday
The alternative is that dungeons stop being relevant content and Blizzard has to slap an incentive like 30 Simmering Gerbil Essences to Heroics daily caches to keep players running them

That's an outrageous lie. Since when have dungeons stopped being relevant if they're in a current expansion?
when M+ started it was good for the first few seasons. Now its total crap
I think regular mythics are a great way of keeping dungeons relevant for a little bit longer but after gearing up in normals then heroics and finally mythics...mythic+ isn't exactly exciting gameplay. Maybe mythic+ could be a set difficulty level above mythic that drops higher level gear but off each boss like normal dungeons. That might be fun but the endless difficulty and RNG factor isn't really fun.
09/25/2018 08:40 AMPosted by Zën

That's an outrageous lie. Since when have dungeons stopped being relevant if they're in a current expansion?

I assume this was sarcasm? No one is that stupid.
Raid experience checks out
09/24/2018 09:32 PMPosted by Heniferlopez
Remove the timer.
Remove WF/TF.
Remove rankings.
Stop promoting it as an esport.

Problems solved.

That first one is all I want in life. Crank up the difficulty, and make this about solving the puzzle of a near impossible pull.
09/25/2018 08:51 AMPosted by Mettlebrew

I assume this was sarcasm? No one is that stupid.

Insults are what people resort to when they have no answer. Good job!
Nah, it's easily one of their best ideas.

They just need to add incentives to push high keys like titles/mounts for being in the top 1% or whatever, sort of like having #1 realm time for CMs.
09/25/2018 09:01 AMPosted by Quietly
Nah, it's easily one of their best ideas.

They just need to add incentives to push high keys like titles/mounts for being in the top 1% or whatever, sort of like having #1 realm time for CMs.

Like repeatable sources of mythic raiding gear without having to deal with 15 other people?
Yep

Leave it to Ion Hazzikostas, lawyer extraordinaire to pull the wool over everyone's eyes once again and sell M+ as "new content"
I would honestly prefer if they took the keystone aspect out of it. Simply make it where you can choose a dungeon and the appropriate difficulty level for your group and go.

Make it where you can only choose one above the highest + you've completed.
09/24/2018 07:53 PMPosted by Bogwater
Not only has it ruined end game in WoW and reinforces the idea of repeating boring content while running on a hamster wheel. It's only reinforced the idea into blizzard that titan forging and RNG works. End game in WoW consists of afk in city, queue mythic + or raid and for some people arena. There is literally no reason to ever do anything else in this game. No incentive to do a battleground, no incentive to world pvp, no incentive to do anything really.

Mythic + from my experience has bred an anti social league of legends level of toxicity that has never been present in WoW to the level it is now. Even as a rank 70 shammy on my server I still get spam declined and kicked out of easy !@# keys no doubt because blizzard refuses to buff this $%^- class. Most mythic + groups don't even know how to communicate their thoughts it's like playing with a bunch of illiterate angry kids.

Lol you might be a ranked 70 shaman, but that's on a tiny tiny server. You have 315 IO. You have no right to complain lol. Also 2 H kills. You wonder why you aren't in groups?
End game in WoW consists of afk in city, queue mythic + or raid and for some people arena.

You have to run to the dungeon for m+

In literally every expansion prior to legion.

Dungeons were relevant for less than a month in WOTLK, Cata, MoP and WoD.
09/25/2018 05:52 AMPosted by Felkyrie
How dare blizzard give people a different method of acquiring raid quality gear if they aren't interesting in raiding

Too f***king bad. That's the way MMOs have been. To acquire the best gear, you raid. In vanilla I didn't cry and beg blizzard to give me loot on par with the MC/AQ/BWL runners unless it came from ZG if i wasnt in the raids.

Something like dungeon 2 (aka tier .5) was a good compromise though. It was a bit overtuned (strat should have been 1 hour not 45 mins) but in the end we got to have our own engaging quest chain with plenty of challenge that DIDN'T rehash all the dungeons all over again. There were new bosses, quests to go out in to the world to complete along with them, and it didn't involve any raiding for those like me that didn't or couldn't raid without it entirely surpassing what raiders got.

Stop being lazy blizzard. Give us something like this again not your mindless repetitive grind of waycrest minor/siege of bored-alus +4,+5,+10,+25,+500000000
09/25/2018 09:14 AMPosted by Aewendil

In literally every expansion prior to legion.

Dungeons were relevant for less than a month in WOTLK, Cata, MoP and WoD.

That again isn't true. Try again.