Mythic + is the worst thing to come to WoW.

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 13 Next
09/25/2018 08:59 AMPosted by Furrywarr
That first one is all I want in life. Crank up the difficulty, and make this about solving the puzzle of a near impossible pull.

cc 3/4 of the pack. Kill each mob 1 by 1, that sure is going to make them harder.

Get 4 friends to run m+ with, is one of the best experience you can get in a MMO, probably the best addition to the game we ever had. You are getting a diluted version when you rely on pugs to run them.
09/25/2018 09:24 AMPosted by Zën
09/25/2018 09:14 AMPosted by Aewendil

In literally every expansion prior to legion.

Dungeons were relevant for less than a month in WOTLK, Cata, MoP and WoD.

That again isn't true. Try again.
Dungeons weren't relevant in WOTLK, Cata, MOP, and WOD, only the queue rewards, and in MOP the queue rewards shared the same valor cap as your daily quests, which you had to do anyway to unlock the rep to buy the items with your valor, and in WOD dungeons were just utterly pointless.
Don't worry blizzard is full of good ideas. Wait till you see the super highly creative mythic ++ and the upcoming spectacular never seen before...mythic ++super+
Anyone who enjoys mythic+ should check out diablo.

You're welcome.
Not only this, but the elitists which are not elite at all demanding for example ilvl360 for a mythic +2 which yields ilvl355 gear? this is just an example but feel free to correct me if I am wrong. This week you can't get in a mythic group except if you are carrying the whole group. This is the reason I have quit wow for 3 years in a row. The mythic system has destroyed the game big time.
It made dungeons relevant again. Before that there was no reason for raiders to revisit dungeons aside from daily tokens.

If you enjoy battlegrounds you can do rated battlegrounds instead and progress that way? The rewards from high ratings compete with mythic raids.

The fairness of gear rewards this expansion is better than it has ever been.
09/25/2018 09:33 AMPosted by Beardhat
09/25/2018 09:24 AMPosted by Zën
That again isn't true. Try again.
Dungeons weren't relevant in WOTLK, Cata, MOP, and WOD, only the queue rewards, and in MOP the queue rewards shared the same valor cap as your daily quests, which you had to do anyway to unlock the rep to buy the items with your valor, and in WOD dungeons were just utterly pointless.

None of that is true. Valor wasn't introduced until Cataclysm and you know how you got it? Actual dungeon crawling! So i'd say that'd mean they were completely relevant. Also there weren't that many daily quests available in game to get capped with valor during Cataclysm. Your statement about valor points in Mists isn't true either. https://wow.gamepedia.com/Valor_Points
Valor points were removed in WoD so you have no argument there pal.
Wow wasn't the first MMO to have progressively hard dungeons. Gw2 for example had their version around WOD expac. Their version didn't have a timer though, just harder each level you went up.

Not a big fan of the timer, makes everyone rush rather than just enjoying the ride. That being said there are people that enjoy the challenge and eventually even the more casual players, ie myself, will not have a problem progressing once you have done the dungeon 1000 times and you out gear said current level.

TL;DR So as an optional end game content it's fine. Just for jollies and no timers, raids and M0 or pvp. For the people that enjoy a timed challenge, more power to you.
09/25/2018 09:42 AMPosted by Zën
None of that is true. Valor wasn't introduced until Cataclysm and you know how you got it? Actual dungeon crawling! So i'd say that'd mean they were completely relevant. Also there weren't that many daily quests available in game to get capped with valor during Cataclysm. Your statement about valor points in Mists isn't true either. https://wow.gamepedia.com/Valor_Points

Having to use a carrot on a stick to force people into running dungeons is not my idea of relevant. People did the daily and never touch them again, heck iirc you could run 7 of them and you didnt have to touch them again for the rest of the week, they later change it to a daily type activity.

M+ make it so they are worth running for the things the dungeon actually rewards.
09/25/2018 10:02 AMPosted by Dartakan

Having to use a carrot on a stick to force people into running dungeons is not my idea of relevant. People did the daily and never touch them again, heck iirc if you could run 7 of them you didnt have to touch them again for the rest of the week, they later change it to a daily type activity.

M+ make it so they are worth running for the things the dungeon actually rewards.

No, you could get capped in a day and then you could focus on other things to do in the game like professions and whatnot. Now with Mythic it's just an endless grind for bigger numbers on gear. What's fun about that? Nothing.
09/25/2018 10:04 AMPosted by Zën
No, you could get capped in a day and then you could focus on other things to do in the game like professions and whatnot. Now with Mythic it's just an endless grind for bigger numbers on gear. What's fun about that? Nothing.

Actually playing the game? Profession even back there were a joke, what was there to do? Mythic + is the closest they are going to get to be as good as raids, they are actually a viable path of progression on their own and are fun with a small group of friends.

You might have a bad opinion of them if you only pug, I would too.
09/24/2018 07:53 PMPosted by Bogwater
Not only has it ruined end game in WoW and reinforces the idea of repeating boring content while running on a hamster wheel. It's only reinforced the idea into blizzard that titan forging and RNG works. End game in WoW consists of afk in city, queue mythic + or raid and for some people arena. There is literally no reason to ever do anything else in this game. No incentive to do a battleground, no incentive to world pvp, no incentive to do anything really.

Mythic + from my experience has bred an anti social league of legends level of toxicity that has never been present in WoW to the level it is now. Even as a rank 70 shammy on my server I still get spam declined and kicked out of easy !@# keys no doubt because blizzard refuses to buff this $%^- class. Most mythic + groups don't even know how to communicate their thoughts it's like playing with a bunch of illiterate angry kids.

Almost nothing in your post is the fault of Mythic + as a system.
09/24/2018 08:09 PMPosted by Kalteer
Mythic plus is the reason I started peeing in legion, I would mainly just pvp before

Have you.. not been peeing before? That's...

You might wanna talk to a doctor about this.
09/25/2018 09:33 AMPosted by Beardhat
... Dungeons weren't relevant in WOTLK, Cata, MOP, and WOD, only the queue rewards, and in MOP the queue rewards shared the same valor cap as your daily quests, which you had to do anyway to unlock the rep to buy the items with your valor, and in WOD dungeons were just utterly pointless.

In WOTLK we had badges, Valor points were just badges 2.0

And it is true, weither you want to believe it or not, the dungeon content from WOTLK 3.2 onward did not matter at all, what mattered was the badges you got for clearing the dungeon queues.
M+ is fun on DPS. On tank it's nerve wracking and on healing it's stressful.

The way people hype it up is misleading.
It great if you have a group. Its awful if you don't.
Not only has it ruined end game in WoW and reinforces the idea of repeating boring content while running on a hamster wheel. It's only reinforced the idea into blizzard that titan forging and RNG works. End game in WoW consists of afk in city, queue mythic + or raid and for some people arena. There is literally no reason to ever do anything else in this game. No incentive to do a battleground, no incentive to world pvp, no incentive to do anything really.

Mythic + from my experience has bred an anti social league of legends level of toxicity that has never been present in WoW to the level it is now. Even as a rank 70 shammy on my server I still get spam declined and kicked out of easy !@# keys no doubt because blizzard refuses to buff this $%^- class. Most mythic + groups don't even know how to communicate their thoughts it's like playing with a bunch of illiterate angry kids.

Well, that would be a very minority opinion . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . but you expressed it well . . . . . .

Mythic + from my experience has bred an anti social league of legends level of toxicity that has never been present in WoW to the level it is now.

You're dumb for comparing this community to a toxic mess like league. This community seems whiny and elitist but only a mouth breather would see similarities between this and league.
09/24/2018 08:44 PMPosted by Vegetables
Mythic+ has encouraged lazy game design and lack of innovation regarding the endgame systems for WoW.

Completely agree.
09/24/2018 08:03 PMPosted by Azuremi
I have to agree its unfun content that you are kind of forced into doing.

How though. It's literally the most ignorable feature this game has?