Rank 3 anchor weed quest

General Discussion
Haunker: try this

In Legion, rank 3 for starlight rose?

I got that on my herber..six months before Legion ended. id been at it since day one.
I found a whole...4 anchor weed
I hear its legal in Anchorage, Alaska.
09/24/2018 09:54 PMPosted by Haunker
yep, pretty straightforward. I finished it in a few hours.

Though, after more than 200 platinum nodes mined, I still haven't found the rank 2 quest breadcrumb.

just unlucky then... I finished rank 3 a long time ago.
09/24/2018 09:56 PMPosted by Aehl

A couple of hours. You DO know how rare anchor weed is?

Then you simply don't know how to farm BFA herbs. I farmed 140 anchor weed today in 2 hours.

You definitely did not unless you were multiboxing. The anchor weed spawn rate even on the efficient paths like the circuit around arom's strand is not that high.
All about timing for the plants. They may have increased the drop though I was getting 7 from one plant today a few times.
09/24/2018 11:15 PMPosted by Flommincy
All about timing for the plants. They may have increased the drop though I was getting 7 from one plant today a few times.

It's now 5 to 7 for rank 3. Was 3 to 6.
Run around the southern coast of the Northern most island in Tiragarde Sound under Norwington Estate or to the west of the Blood Troll temple around the bogs depending on whether you want to farm Sea Stalks or Riverbud alongside your hunt for Anchor Weed.
09/24/2018 09:57 PMPosted by Aehl
*sigh*

The things I do for herbs...

I think it was the character Snewp’Togg, the Draenei Shaman from Elbee Sea, who first said that.
I mean, you're going to farm anchor weed anyways, so you will get it eventually regardless. Its just after 9 anchor weed and you turn in the quest you will start getting more anchor weed.
just unlucky then

And thats the nub of it.

RNG is effort =/= reward.
And done.

UGH.

Four hours, three deaths incl one where I ran into a Horde camp to try and get away from the Coven soldiers.

...I have to say this the Horde was quite.....helpful.

They didnt let the Coven kill me..oh no...that was THEIR job....:(

Then there was the moment I got dazed, realised that the barding had dropped off after I hearthed back to Boralus (ouch) was more or less accordingly mollicated by a load of witches whose supper I had interrupted and oh yeah... the third time?

I ran away from one mob ...straight into into a dead end.

Accent on the "dead" part of that sentence, gentle reader.

I am off to turn in this quest, have a stiff drink, and THEN go see my tailor about the damage I did to her latest set of robes.

No, dear friends, I will spare you a summary of what SHE is going to say...she has been known to use language that would make a Sargaeri scream in pain...

*limps off, nursing bruises*
I got it in an hour or two once I actually started trying to do the quest.

Farmed it Drustvar on the Winter's Kiss path.
I find roughly 6-10 nodes an hour while farming akunda's. I assume the winter's kiss farm in drustvar gives even higher results haven't tried though
I got the first few pretty quickly, then it took about a week to get the rest. I never specifically farmed herbs though, I just picked whatever I found as I was doing other stuff.
09/24/2018 09:56 PMPosted by Aehl

A couple of hours. You DO know how rare anchor weed is?

I get 40 in 2 hours pretty much every night in my farming ritual. You just have to know where to look.

EDIT: Protip -- pick everything. Just pick everything.

I know where to look as I have all the gathering nodes on my map with my add on. Knowing where to look doesn't mean it will be there!
It's not hard. You can literally get them all if you keep your eyes peeled while questing/doing WQs.
09/24/2018 09:50 PMPosted by Aehl
Harvest 9 mature anchor pods from anchor weed.

Right.
Maybe you should ask Blizzard to add them in the Cash shop.

smh
Son,I did this quest way back in '18. Back when we had to dig through the hard dirt with our bare hands for weeks just for a chance to be berated by Declan Senal. Back when you might have to kill a man over one Achor Weed, just so you could feed your family.

Why don't you take a long hard look in a mirror and ask yourself "Do I have what it takes to be an Herbalist?"
09/24/2018 09:54 PMPosted by Noctist
It takes a couple hours at most bro. Crying about pointless !@#$ like this is why Blizz caves to casuals and destroys this game.

Totally depends on luck bro! I once went 3 days without finding a single anchor weed.